McCarthy - the father of the current Republicans

yeah, when hillary's campaign released that picture of obama in muslim dress, it was all about his readiness, right?

please.
Actually, it was Drudge that released it.

But we wonder far off topic.

One could go back through history and point out the same for the Democrats. However, after what the Obama camp did this past election season through the primaries on, I have to chuckle at your denial and labeling of others.
Exhibit One...accusations with nothing to back them up.

It's comical, you guys won and your still not happy. Why aren't you rubbing it in the republican's face all of the positive steps of change Obama is taking and his plans as he is now in the newly created office of The President Elect and having press conference after press conference sharing his stead fast goals and plans?
Oh, we are happy. Some of us are just gleeful that the Republicans sink further into obscurity by the minute.

Politics is dirty and both sides made it that way. Sadly it seems that very few are willing to even rise above that and Obama certainly was not one of them.
Exhibit Two, see above.

Until we are the employers demand more and until we cross party lines and reprimand through our votes, this will continue. It's nothing but a cheap side show and I agree, it is sad that people fall for it.
Basically what we did. A lot of actual conservatives crossed party lines and voted for the best candidate.

You have proof that was Hillary's campaign?

obama seemed to feel that way.

me? i don't give a shit; i just find it amusing that democrats can do no wrong now that they've managed to win an election, and have, in fact, always been paragons of perfectly moral and fair behavior.
it's like willie horton.
everyone drags him out to prove how evil bush 1,lee atwater and republicans in general are/were, but nobody seems to remember that it was al "supersize me" gore who first brought it up.

amusing as hell.

Obama in a turban: Barack accuses Hillary of smear campaign after circulating photos of him dressed as 'a Muslim' | Mail Online

Jesus Christ, the republican base, rightwing talk radio, and many republican politicans spent the last 7 years suggesting that anyone who disagreed with the Iraq war was a traitor, and they spent the last six months calling the Democratic nominee for president a radical muslim marxist who palls around with terrorists.

Of course the modern Republican party has adopted McCarthyism. This is self evident. I don't remember Reagan, or his henchmen ever running around calling anyone traitors.

One could go back through history and point out the same for the Democrats. [quote

Yeah? Okay, go back through history and point some out.

However, after what the Obama camp did this past election season through the primaries on, I have to chuckle at your denial and labeling of others.

Okay. Show me examples of it then, from the Obama camp.

It's comical, you guys won and your still not happy. Why aren't you rubbing it in the republican's face all of the positive steps of change Obama is taking and his plans as he is now in the newly created office of The President Elect and having press conference after press conference sharing his stead fast goals and plans?

Because that isn't the subject of this thread.

Politics is dirty and both sides made it that way. Sadly it seems that very few are willing to even rise above that and Obama certainly was not one of them.

So you say, but can you prove it?

Until we are the employers demand more and until we cross party lines and reprimand through our votes, this will continue. It's nothing but a cheap side show and I agree, it is sad that people fall for it.

I contend that the Republican party has become the party which uses character assassination as their PRIMARY means of attracting voters.

I can show you example after example of that in this campaign and in Republican battles for nomination, too.

If you can show me examples in kind of the same sort of dirty lying politics, I'll be happy to agree with you that both parties are equally berift of ethical behavior in campaign techniques.

I'm calling you out, Lycurgus

Show me exmples in the Democratic campaigns equal to the lies of the Swiftboaters or the character assassination of Pat Bushanan.

I don't think you can.

Oh, BTW, I have a question for you, too.

What kind of Republican takes the handle of one of the biggest fascists in history?

You admire SPARTA, do you?

You pretty obviously don't know anything about that fascist city state, if you also think of yourself as a freedom loving republican.

<H3>Lycurgus Changes Sparta's Social Organization
With the oracle on his side, Lycurgus instituted changes in the Spartan government and provided Sparta with a constitution. In addition to changes to the government, Lycurgus altered the economy of Sparta, banning ownership of gold or silver and useless occupations. All men were to eat together in common mess halls.

Lycurgus reformed Sparta socially, too. Lycurgus started the state-run education system, including the training of women, the peculiar non-monogamous Spartan marriages, and the role of the state in deciding which newborn was fit to live.
</H3>

That sound like the kind of nation you'd like for us here in American, Sport?

Last edited:
obama seemed to feel that way.

me? i don't give a shit; i just find it amusing that democrats can do no wrong now that they've managed to win an election, and have, in fact, always been paragons of perfectly moral and fair behavior.
it's like willie horton.
everyone drags him out to prove how evil bush 1,lee atwater and republicans in general are/were, but nobody seems to remember that it was al "supersize me" gore who first brought it up.

amusing as hell.

Obama in a turban: Barack accuses Hillary of smear campaign after circulating photos of him dressed as 'a Muslim' | Mail Online

If you read the article, it says "supporters of Barack" Obama accused Hillary of releasing the photos. Apparently, if he agrees, it doesn't bother him too much since she's probably going to be sec'y of state. But mostly, there are certain segment's of Obama's support who think anything that was negative was her doing...

I think I'll go with Drudge since that's what we KNOW...as opposed to surmise.

and Atwater *was* disgusting.... Rove just pefected his hatefulness.

And say what you will, dems don't morph the faces of a triple amputee, vietnam vet into the face of someone who killed 3,000 Americans....

top that one. ;)

If you read the article, it says "supporters of Barack" Obama accused Hillary of releasing the photos. Apparently, if he agrees, it doesn't bother him too much since she's probably going to be sec'y of state. But mostly, there are certain segment's of Obama's support who think anything that was negative was her doing...

And say what you will, dems don't morph the faces of a triple amputee, vietnam vet into the face of someone who killed 3,000 Americans....

top that one. ;)

It was a lie that the Clinton campaign released those photos of Obama in muslim garb.

It was Drudge, and he didn't get the photos from the clinton campaign. From what I remember reading, he got it from some republican cyber tool.

top that one. ;)
supporters like his campaign manager; i'm sure barack had no input :eusa_whistle:

like i said, it's amusing as hell.

It couldn't be more obvious if tattooed on the inside of every person's eyelids. One thing you can count on from the left ... just when you start wondering how much lower they can go, they don't disappoint for an answer.:lol:

There ain't no low that's too low for a lefty to go!

I think Hillary got dirty just like the Repubs do. She did what she knew or thought she knew would work. She got in the mud bringing up Rezko and Ayers at different points in the primary campaign. It backfired on her.

Obama on the other hand never, to my recollection, attacked ANYONE personally. He attacked their policy and their "same ole same ole" tactics. He repeatedly said he admired John McCain and pointed out constantly where the he agreed with his opponents on issues. He silenced his supporters when they booed McCain and apparently he even went so far as to speak to Palin upon her being chosen as the VP nominee congratulating her and wishing her luck, albeit not to much luck.

Obama was a gentleman throughout the campaign and IMO those around him kept their campaign as clean as possible. Did they attack McCain with the Keating Five stuff? hell yes, but only after being attacked for his prior associations. McCain's love of his country was never called into question unlike Obama.

I'm still waiting for someone to provide evidence that the democrats have ever ran campaigns equal to willie horton, swiftboaters, or chambliss' campaign against cleland and I'm especially interested to know, like editec, if you can find even one example of a dem pulling something as nasty as what the Repubs did to Buchanan or McCain.

Ohh wait, I forgot, you all are embarrassed to be called that and pretend you are moderates.

I am a moderate, and no one else on the board that I am aware of makes this distinction, so please keep your facts straight.

Liberals want gun control. They want gay marriage. They value owls over jobs. They are not interested in being the global superpower, and seem willing to be a voice in a global chorus intstead of a leader.

Conservatives want to define family for everyone else. They believe that power is achieved through a demonstration of strength. Religious conservatives believe the earth is 6000 years old.

None of the above describes me.

I also do not think that either side has nothing of value to bring to the table. I am not threatened by your different point of view, or anyone's.

I am decently libertarian, who believes that science and technology provides a way out of most of the messes we are in, and that means abandoning a literal interpretation of the bible, etc, if we want to maintain global leadership. It is patently obvious that aggression is ratcheting up violence in the world, and I don't believe failed policies should be supported. I don't care about gay issues, though I do find the right's general tendency to define marriage and education as appalling as the left's.

I am for small government.

I stand my ground as any proud american would, grateful that the military has ensured our freedom, and grateful that our scientists and educators have given us alternatives to tackle the challenges in front of us. If I don't agree with your ideology 100% of the time, that DOES NOT make me a liberal. It makes me a member of what we proudly claim as our diverse society.

If you continue to see the country in black and white you will continue to believe that half of your countrymen are your enemies when the vast majority are in many cases, or at least on a decent percentage of issues, your allies.

You might ask yourself what in the above makes you still think that I am a liberal. To restate: I am small government, pro gun, and want the US to maintain it's position of global power. If you continue to want to define me as liberal, then i can ONLY conclude that it is because you label anyone who does not believe in a literal interpretation of the bible, as a liberal. Why in God's name would you want the republican party limited to that single demographic? That might be part of the problem in the last election cycle, you know.

Last edited:
yeah, when hillary's campaign released that picture of obama in muslim dress, it was all about his readiness, right?

please.

Can't say he's not right here, Hillary did this also just like many politicians do, but Obama never put an ad out attacking anyone personally, he jus tattacked their politics or ideas. Its why he just ran one of the best campaigns ever run and most pundits on all sides have said that

of course it was drudge, because he's evil. hillary had nothing to do with it, because she's pure of heart.
I've no idea if she is or not, and you probably don't either. Regardless, it was Drudge that released that photo. Not that there was anything wrong with it.

Liberals want gun control

Some

They want gay marriage.
Civil unions. Only churches should marry people, not the government.
They value owls over jobs.
Wrong

They are not interested in being the global superpower, and seem willing to be a voice in a global chorus intstead of a leader.
Bullshit and wrong.

Where do people get their ideas, I wonder?

I am a moderate, and no one else on the board that I am aware of makes this distinction, so please keep your facts straight.

Liberals want gun control. They want gay marriage. They value owls over jobs. They are not interested in being the global superpower, and seem willing to be a voice in a global chorus intstead of a leader.

Conservatives want to define family for everyone else. They believe that power is achieved through a demonstration of strength. Religious conservatives believe the earth is 6000 years old.

None of the above describes me.

I also do not think that either side has nothing of value to bring to the table. I am not threatened by your different point of view, or anyone's.

I am decently libertarian, who believes that science and technology provides a way out of most of the messes we are in, and that means abandoning a literal interpretation of the bible, etc, if we want to maintain global leadership. It is patently obvious that aggression is ratcheting up violence in the world, and I don't believe failed policies should be supported. I don't care about gay issues, though I do find the right's general tendency to define marriage and education as appalling as the left's.

I am for small government.

I stand my ground as any proud american would, grateful that the military has ensured our freedom, and grateful that our scientists and educators have given us alternatives to tackle the challenges in front of us. If I don't agree with your ideology 100% of the time, that DOES NOT make me a liberal. It makes me a member of what we proudly claim as our diverse society.

If you continue to see the country in black and white you will continue to believe that half of your countrymen are your enemies when the vast majority are in many cases, or at least on a decent percentage of issues, your allies.

You might ask yourself what in the above makes you still think that I am a liberal. To restate: I am small government, pro gun, and want the US to maintain it's position of global power. If you continue to want to define me as liberal, then i can ONLY conclude that it is because you label anyone who does not believe in a literal interpretation of the bible, as a liberal. Why in God's name would you want the republican party limited to that single demographic? That might be part of the problem in the last election cycle, you know.

Sorry Calligirl, but if you think that is what a Liberal is then you have no idea what it means to be Liberal. But I guess you're right, I value Owls over my job - really dumb comment

I look forward to examples of Democrats pulling stunts like

Willie Horton
Swiftboaters for truth
Chambliss' attacks on Cleland
the 8 year investigation into Clinton
the 2000 attack on McCain by Bush
Palin's attacks on Obama

and yes, Hillary went negative agaisnt Obama. It's what ultimately cost her the nomination IMO.

Don't have to look far...

Lefties claiming McCain wasn't tortured,and trashing his military service.
Lefties trashing Cindy McCain ,while claiming MO is off limits.
Lefties trashing Bush for 8 years
Lefties trashing Palin's children,including the baby.
Lefties trashing Lieberman
Lefties trashing Joe the Plummer

Lefties are nothing BUT negative.

Forum List

Back