McCarthy - the father of the current Republicans

Atwater and Rove were the masters of this personal attack. I don't believe either is a Dem. At least Atwater repented on his deathbead. Normally, that a pretty good sign that the person is sincere.:eusa_whistle:

Not to say that Dems don't attack, but never quite as well as the right. Attacking Max Cleland as unpatriotic because he opposed parts of the flawed Patriot Act. Pushing the Muslim misinformation about Obama. Smearing McCain in the push polls of 2000. One of the reasons I quit supporting Clinton was that her campaign was beginning to look more like a Repuplican smear campaign.

What I love is the fact the democrats have honed the " attack the messenger" down to a fine art and you all claim it is a republican trait. Then there is the democrats tried and true policy of repeating the lie over and over till someone eventually believes it just because they have heard it for so long.

The last statement that you made above is exactly what your little tin hero Bush said about catpulting the propaganda. This is also the current practice for RNC talking points and Fox.

Do bray on, I am sure you will get a bunch of Liberals in this thread to agree with you. Ohh wait, I forgot, you all are embarrassed to be called that and pretend you are moderates.

More of your bullshit. The only ones embarrassed by the term "liberal" are conservatives trying to make it a dirty word. If you think past you biass, you will realize that there are moderate and extreme liberals just like there are the same types on the right.

This is another example of how the right wing smear machine did so well trying to make the term liberal equate to child molestation, communism, aetheism, man on dog, etc.:lol: They can't accept it as the other side of a political view, it has to be evil and dirty like Pogo always states.

they sold the baby on e bay

they set up a guillotine at DU for Republicans

they made a campaign commercial showing McCains terrible cancer surgery scars and mocked the swelling of his face.

democrats are disgusting sometimes,,,,errrrrr most of the time. the only time they want unity and what's best for this country is when they win..

:clap2:

Liberals want gun control. They want gay marriage. They value owls over jobs. They are not interested in being the global superpower, and seem willing to be a voice in a global chorus intstead of a leader.

Too much of a generalization for all liberals. I am a gun owner. I don't value owls over jobs, but I do value saving species when possible. I also want US to continue to be a superpower, but don't think torture and invading non threatening countries is part of this. At the same time we have to be partners also, we aren't god yet.

As to gay marriage, what right do you or I have to tell them they can't?

they made a campaign commercial showing McCains terrible cancer surgery scars and mocked the swelling of his face.

They never mocked the swelling. That is bullshit. They were making a point that this type of cancer could kill him in office.

They morphed Cleland into Ossama.

I think Hillary got dirty just like the Repubs do. She did what she knew or thought she knew would work. She got in the mud bringing up Rezko and Ayers at different points in the primary campaign. It backfired on her.

Obama on the other hand never, to my recollection, attacked ANYONE personally. He attacked their policy and their "same ole same ole" tactics. He repeatedly said he admired John McCain and pointed out constantly where the he agreed with his opponents on issues. He silenced his supporters when they booed McCain and apparently he even went so far as to speak to Palin upon her being chosen as the VP nominee congratulating her and wishing her luck, albeit not to much luck.

Obama was a gentleman throughout the campaign and IMO those around him kept their campaign as clean as possible. Did they attack McCain with the Keating Five stuff? hell yes, but only after being attacked for his prior associations. McCain's love of his country was never called into question unlike Obama.

I'm still waiting for someone to provide evidence that the democrats have ever ran campaigns equal to willie horton, swiftboaters, or chambliss' campaign against cleland and I'm especially interested to know, like editec, if you can find even one example of a dem pulling something as nasty as what the Repubs did to Buchanan or McCain.

Naw,Axelrod just hired a PR firm to carryout an atroturf campaign trashing Palin with every assinine charge under the sun. And then the O campaign sent its thugs to every Radio show they didn't want things discussed on, to try and silence them,same with all the blogs. Not to mention a herd of O lawyers.

Remember all of the McCAin has 7 houses he can't remember crap? That was your Savior selling that BS BTW.

Oblah blah is as pure as the driven snow......not.

Don't have to look far...

Lefties claiming McCain wasn't tortured,and trashing his military service.
Lefties trashing Cindy McCain ,while claiming MO is off limits.
Lefties trashing Bush for 8 years
Lefties trashing Palin's children,including the baby.
Lefties trashing Lieberman
Lefties trashing Joe the Plummer

Lefties are nothing BUT negative.

are you going to provide the links to these campaign ads or am I to assume you're referring to leftwing bloggers and not the actual campaigns, which is what we're talking about? :cuckoo:

they sold the baby on e bay

they set up a guillotine at DU for Republicans

democrats are disgusting sometimes,,,,errrrrr most of the time. the only time they want unity and what's best for this country is when they win..

:clap2:

so called "professional" lefty photographers taking McCain's photograph and then photoshopping it into a monster so they can post it all over their web page and then get the willing media to report on it over and over...

so called "professional" lefty photographers taking McCain's photograph and then photoshopping it into a monster so they can post it all over their web page and then get the willing media to report on it over and over...

again provide the links or video. There are right wing nutter who did and said some pretty henious things during this campaign too. I'm talking and so is everyone else, of the actual Republican PARTY, the campaigns themselves, not bloggers who do and say things that are completely off the wall.

are you going to provide the links to these campaign ads or am I to assume you're referring to leftwing bloggers and not the actual campaigns, which is what we're talking about? :cuckoo:

Are you going to claim that a PR firm hired by Axelrod to go negative against McCain/Palin and smear them using fake grassroots tactics, and elisting the MSM in perpetuating the spreading of said negative trash,is not using the media to "campaign" against someone?

Are you going to claim that a PR firm hired by Axelrod to go negative against McCain/Palin and smear them using fake grassroots tactics, and elisting the MSM in perpetuating the spreading of said negative trash,is not using the media to "campaign" against someone?

I think you're in the wrong area...that's conspiracy theory bullshit. You don't have an ounce of proof that Axelrod hired ANYONE and if you did, you'd post it.

and tell show me the smearing of McCain and Palin....I think I missed it...

again provide the links or video. There are right wing nutter who did and said some pretty henious things during this campaign too. I'm talking and so is everyone else, of the actual Republican PARTY, the campaigns themselves, not bloggers who do and say things that are completely off the wall.
Don't you know they (the dems) control the main stream media? No proof needed...kind of the point of this thread. :eusa_whistle:

I think you're in the wrong area...that's conspiracy theory bullshit. You don't have an ounce of proof that Axelrod hired ANYONE and if you did, you'd post it.

and tell show me the smearing of McCain and Palin....I think I missed it...

Now I KNOW you wouldn't be playing dumb on purpose...yeah right.

An ad agency, Axelrod, Obama and astroturf (updated) | the F O R V M

The Jawa Report: Hope, Change, & Lies: Orchestrated "Grassroots" Smear Campaigns & the People that Run Them [Updated]

Axelrod has been caught doing this before BTW

MotherJones Blog: Astroturf Axelrod?

The Secret Side of David Axelrod - BusinessWeek

Don't you know they (the dems) control the main stream media? No proof needed...kind of the point of this thread. :eusa_whistle:

oh my bad...

curious...when did we take over? cuz I suspect if we really controlled the MSM the Iraq war wouldn't have happened, Bush wouldn't have won in 2004 and McCain wouldn't have even gotten 30% of the vote :lol:

Naw,Axelrod just hired a PR firm to carryout an atroturf campaign trashing Palin with every assinine charge under the sun. And then the O campaign sent its thugs to every Radio show they didn't want things discussed on, to try and silence them,same with all the blogs. Not to mention a herd of O lawyers.

Remember all of the McCAin has 7 houses he can't remember crap? That was your Savior selling that BS BTW.

Oblah blah is as pure as the driven snow......not.

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Here's the bottom line. For me anyway. They can rewrite the history of this election anytime they want to. As you see them doing now. But, in the end you and I and a lot of people observing this election will remember for a very long time just how down and dirty the democrats went, including unleashing ACORN and the Black Panters (at the polls). And they can deny it all they want to but it is the reason I and many others cannot celebrate their victory. Not now, not ever. They should enjoy their presidente..

My, my, the poor babies are still trying to figure out why the American People doesn't appreciate two failed wars, incompetance in the face of natural disaster, and an economic debacle that may well be a major depression before the Present Idiot is out of office.

My, my, the poor babies are still trying to figure out why the American People doesn't appreciate two failed wars, incompetance in the face of natural disaster, and an economic debacle that may well be a major depression before the Present Idiot is out of office.

There's only one war, with multiple fronts. You are just attending to the most notable two.

Forum List

Back