McCain's Crazy White Preacher:

rayboyusmc

Jan 2, 2008
Florida
McCain actively sought his support and no one seems to care. Too white?
fatboy.jpg

Why are so many of these holy men unaware of the sin of gluttony?

[QUOTEMega-Church Pastor in Texas Backs McCain
By Elisabeth Bumiller

SAN ANTONIO — Senator John McCain got support on Wednesday from an important corner of evangelical Texas when the pastor of a San Antonio mega-church, Rev. John C. Hagee, endorsed Mr. McCain for president. Mr. Hagee, who argues that the United States must join Israel in a preemptive, biblically prophesized military strike against Iran that will lead to the second coming of Christ, praised Mr. McCain for his pro-Israel views.
“John McCain has publicly stated his support of the state of Israel, pledging that his administration will not permit Iran to have nuclear weapons to fulfill the evil dreams of President Ahmadinejad to wipe Israel off the map,'’ Mr. Hagee said at a news conference at the Omni Hotel in San Antonio.

Mr. Hagee also praised Mr. McCain for his “solid, pro-life voting record for the past 24 years.'’
Mr. McCain, who has been on a steady search for support among conservative and evangelical leaders who have long distrusted him, said he was “very honored'’ by Mr. Hagee’s endorsement. Asked about Mr. Hagee’s extensive writings on Armageddon and about what one questioner said was Mr. Hagee’s belief that the anti-Christ will be the head of the European Union, Mr. McCain responded that “all I can tell you is that I am very proud to have Pastor John Hagee’s support.'’
Mr. Hagee, the pastor of the Cornerstone Church, said that his support for Israel had nothing to do with prophetic scenarios, but rather because he felt the cause was just. “They are a democracy in the Middle East that deserves the support of America and Christian people everywhere,'’ Mr. Hagee said.
][/QUOTE]

By Michael D. Shear
SAN ANTONIO -- Sen. John McCain picked up the support of Texas pastor John Hagee, an evangelical Christian who has made support for the state of Israel a centerpiece of his ministry.

Hagee endorsed McCain today, saying he did so because McCain is a pro-life, pro-Israel politician who has pledged to secure the country's borders.

"John McCain is a man of principle," Hagee, a televangelist and the pastor of Cornerstone Church, told reporters. "He does not stand boldly on both sides of any issue."

Hagee's endorsement could be of particular help to McCain in Texas, where the Arizona senator will face former Arkansas governor Mike Huckabee next Tuesday.

Huckabee, a former Baptist minister, has succeeded over the last two months in appealing to evangelical and conservative Christian voters, highlighting a schism in the Republican party.

Huckabee was especially successful in the south and in Virginia, where he racked up a 40 percent lead over McCain among conservative voters.

But with little doubt about McCain becoming the nominee, conservatives have begun to flock to his side. Asked what McCain could do to appeal to other religious conservatives, Hagee said he was confident McCain's support for abortion restrictions and Israel would help.

Posted at 5:51 PM ET on Feb 27, 2008

Washington DC, Mar 1, 2008 / 03:43 am (CNA).- The endorsement of Senator John McCain by a Catholic-bashing Texas minister won swift rebuke from the president of the Catholic League and a Jewish leader concerned about his “vicious and inflammatory” anti-Catholicism.

Both compared the minister to Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan.

On Wednesday Pastor John Hagee endorsed Senator John McCain’s bid to become the Republican presidential candidate in the 2008 election.

Senator McCain responded to the endorsement by calling Hagee “the staunchest leader of our Christian evangelical movement,” praising Hagee’s pro-Israel stance.

President of the Catholic League Bill Donohue harshly criticized the endorsement.

“There are plenty of staunch evangelical leaders who are pro-Israel, but are not anti-Catholic. John Hagee is not one of them,” Donohue said on Thursday. “Indeed, for the past few decades, he has waged an unrelenting war against the Catholic Church. For example, he likes calling it ‘The Great Whore,’ an ‘apostate church,’ the ‘anti-Christ,’ and a ‘false cult system’.”

Donohue said that in Pastor Hagee’s latest book the minister claimed Hitler was a Catholic who murdered Jews while the Catholic Church did nothing. “The sell-out of Catholicism to Hitler began not with the people but with the Vatican itself,” wrote Hagee, according to Bill Donohue.

Donohue criticized the remarks, saying, “For the record, Hitler persecuted the Catholic Church and was automatically excommunicated in 1931—two years before he assumed power—when he acted as best man at Joseph Goebbel’s Protestant wedding. Hitler even bragged about his separation from the Church. As for doing nothing about the Holocaust, Sir Martin Gilbert reminds us that Goebbel denounced Pope Pius XII for his 1942 Christmas message criticizing the Nazis (the New York Times lauded the pope for doing so in an editorial for two years in a row). Much to Hagee’s chagrin, Gilbert also says that Pius XII saved three quarters of the Jews in Rome, and that more Jews were saved proportionately in Catholic countries than Protestant countries.”

Donahe is to the Catholic church as Hagee is to the evangenlicals.

PHOENIX (AP) — John McCain is refusing to renounce the endorsement of a prominent Texas televangelist who Democrats say peddles anti-Catholic and other intolerant speech.

Instead, the Republican presidential candidate issued a statement Friday afternoon saying he had unspecified disagreements with the San Antonio megachurch leader, John Hagee. Hagee endorsed him at a news conference Wednesday in San Antonio.

"However, in no way did I intend for his endorsement to suggest that I in turn agree with all of Pastor Hagee's views, which I obviously do not," McCain said in the statement.

His campaign issued the statement after two days of criticism from the Democratic National Committee, the Catholic League and Catholics United.

He's a liar just like the others. So don't make a great deal about conservative morality. He dissed form Fatwell then praised him.

Flip, flop, Flip flop.

PLEASE FUCKING STOP THE DISTRACTIONS!!!!!!!!!

I don't give two shits about Wright, or any of McCain's crazies either. Why don't we all just cut out the childish nonsense, and judge the candidates on what they HAVE done and not what people they know have done.

What the three have done? Very little. But we're gonna be saddled with one of em.

If you don't believe the 3 have done anything then you are clueless.

At least talk about what they are going to do.

Here's the next big distraction. I wonder how long it will take for the Clinton/McCain camp to get wind of this:

http://internetisseriousbusiness.com

LOL comparing Wright to Hagee is beyond belief. McCain did not spend 20 YEARS as Hagee's disciple nor does he count him as a close personal friend and mentor. He did not spend the last 20 YEARS going to to his church either. Nor has he written books with titles from Hagees Sermons.

But do keep on claiming they are the same thing.

LOL comparing Wright to Hagee is beyond belief. McCain did not spend 20 YEARS as Hagee's disciple nor does he count him as a close personal friend and mentor. He did not spend the last 20 YEARS going to to his church either. Nor has he written books with titles from Hagees Sermons.

But do keep on claiming they are the same thing.

Your argument is so incredibly stupid. Obama went to that church for 20 years, and all you have to denounce the preacher is 5 minutes of youtube clips.

tisk tisk

If McCain had attended a church for 20 years that was run by a klan member, who he had called his crazy old uncle.....the media would have torched him and his presidential aspirations would be over. There is no comparison between the two.

McCain actively sought his support and no one seems to care. Too white?
fatboy.jpg

Why are so many of these holy men unaware of the sin of gluttony?

[QUOTEMega-Church Pastor in Texas Backs McCain
By Elisabeth Bumiller

SAN ANTONIO — Senator John McCain got support on Wednesday from an important corner of evangelical Texas when the pastor of a San Antonio mega-church, Rev. John C. Hagee, endorsed Mr. McCain for president. Mr. Hagee, who argues that the United States must join Israel in a preemptive, biblically prophesized military strike against Iran that will lead to the second coming of Christ, praised Mr. McCain for his pro-Israel views.
“John McCain has publicly stated his support of the state of Israel, pledging that his administration will not permit Iran to have nuclear weapons to fulfill the evil dreams of President Ahmadinejad to wipe Israel off the map,'’ Mr. Hagee said at a news conference at the Omni Hotel in San Antonio.

Mr. Hagee also praised Mr. McCain for his “solid, pro-life voting record for the past 24 years.'’
Mr. McCain, who has been on a steady search for support among conservative and evangelical leaders who have long distrusted him, said he was “very honored'’ by Mr. Hagee’s endorsement. Asked about Mr. Hagee’s extensive writings on Armageddon and about what one questioner said was Mr. Hagee’s belief that the anti-Christ will be the head of the European Union, Mr. McCain responded that “all I can tell you is that I am very proud to have Pastor John Hagee’s support.'’
Mr. Hagee, the pastor of the Cornerstone Church, said that his support for Israel had nothing to do with prophetic scenarios, but rather because he felt the cause was just. “They are a democracy in the Middle East that deserves the support of America and Christian people everywhere,'’ Mr. Hagee said.
]

Donahe is to the Catholic church as Hagee is to the evangenlicals.

He's a liar just like the others. So don't make a great deal about conservative morality. He dissed form Fatwell then praised him.

Flip, flop, Flip flop.
Where are the links to this published material? Please review the rules and regulations that pertain to posting on this site. There is a link on the index page. If you have any questions, please send a message to a moderator.

So he accepts support from a rev he doesn't even fukking know that well just to get votes, and Obama denounces what Wright says, but that doesnt' count.

I just realized once again what a fuking waste of font it its to discuss these issues. Facts are in the minds of the true believer and never the twain shall meet.

After Obama wins in 08, we can discuss this again ad infinitum.:cuckoo:

The queen may have something to say about hoisting the nom upon Obama so prematurely. Especially, when she'll probably beat Obama by double digits in Penn, Ky, WV, and ekes out a victory in NC.

So he accepts support from a rev he doesn't even fukking know that well just to get votes, and Obama denounces what Wright says, but that doesnt' count.

I just realized once again what a fuking waste of font it its to discuss these issues. Facts are in the minds of the true believer and never the twain shall meet.

After Obama wins in 08, we can discuss this again ad infinitum.:cuckoo:

Oh ya where is that link your required to provide and have been asked nicely to do so?

I see one knowledgeable poster already touched on the fact that this is a lame attempt by some Obama-philes to link Hagee to McCain like Wright has been linked to Obama. But keep in mind the following:

1) McCain has not had a 2-decades-long pastoral relationship with Hagee; Obama has just that with Wright.

2) McCain has not had a 2-decades-long friendship with Hagee, such that McCain has ever talked about Hagee as being "part of the family;" Obama has had such a relationship with Wright and described it thusly himself.

3) McCain has not had Hagee participate in ANY of his campaigns in ANY capacity; Obama has until recently had Wright as one of his spiritual advisers on his campaign trail.

4) McCain has never solicited Hagee's endorsement, although the lefties are certainly trying to make it seem as this is the case. I welcome them to present any evidence to the contrary - that McCain has specifically and directly solicited Hagee's endorsement of his campaign.

"Interviewed by Terry Gross on National Public Radio's Fresh Air on September 18, 2006 JH explained his and God's thinking. About Hurricane Katrina he said that on the day of Katrina's arrival, a homosexual parade had been planned in that city. As a result of that and a generally dissolute life style pervasive in that city, he explained: "I believe that New Orleans had a level of sin that was offensive to God, and they are-were- recipients of the judgment of God for that. . . . And I believe that the Hurricane Katrina was, in fact, the judgment of God against the city of New Orleans." Asked by Ms. Gross whether Muslims have a mandate to kill Christians and Jews he replied that the Quran "teaches that very clearly." Muslims and gays are not the only groups that have received the benefit of the Lord's thinking as explicated by JH."

http://www.counterpunch.com/brauchli03292008.html

I see one knowledgeable poster already touched on the fact that this is a lame attempt by some Obama-philes to link Hagee to McCain like Wright has been linked to Obama. But keep in mind the following:

John McCain was delighted to be endorsed by the other John. Following the endorsement he said: "All I can tell you is I'm very proud to have pastor Hagee's support."

http://www.counterpunch.com/brauchli03292008.html

Forum List

Back