McCain's campaign manager has been receiving money from Freddie Mac for 2 years.

obama wasn't even in the senate when fannie mae/freddie mac started to get in to trouble...? he began in dec 06/january 07?
but the guys that ruined Fannie and Freddie are the guys advising him
doesnt that tell you ANYTHING?

gee, which is worse, the guy that owns a lobbying firm that is hired by crooks, or the crooks themselves :think:

They are both equally as bad. If you feel so strong about something then dont selll out and take the money for a job from someone who is supposedly crooked. This is simple ethics.

They are both equally as bad. If you feel so strong about something then dont selll out and take the money for a job from someone who is supposedly crooked. This is simple ethics.
how about the fact that Davis had no knowledge of the inner workings of either
but those guys working with Obama did

ah, i see, the crook denying it is solid gold proof he wasnt
LOL

my god, you cant make this shit up
LOL

no, actually it is you that is making shit up on this....you clearly did not understand the factcheck...
on this one guy...:D

Damn Divecon as much as your on the boards and you should know its all bullshit. Just another useless topic that doesnt hold water and one that people dont care about once they do the research.
the OP is, yeah, but this is hilarious how you will make the connection to someone OUTSIDE the problem as if he was actually RUNNING the failures into the ground

yeah, as a paid lobbyist
he had nothing to do with the actual operations of either

right, but it has equal weight to receiving campaign contributions, in the least.

lobbyists is how freddie reached our congress with their ''ideas''....

This topic has been beat to death, he took $126k, that is nothing, Mccain took $280k from oil companies. Whats the difference. They are both insignificant figures. Johnson was an unpaid volunteer who was also used by Mondale and Kerry so he had experience in veeping.

In the “agreement in principle,” there is the effect of a major “earmark” which commits money from future “profits” to be given to nonprofits organizations like ACORN, National Council of La Raza and potentially the National Urban League. This agreement clearly evidences that the Government expects to benefit in the future from the bailout when the values of property rises and mortgages or properties are then sold by the Federal government. The agreement –

“Directs a certain percentage of future profits to the Affordable Housing Fund and the Capital Magnet Fund to meet America’s housing needs.”

In the proposed bailout agreement, Sen. Christopher Dodd, the Senate Banking Committee and other Democrats desire to pre-direct that future funds (profits) not be returned to the taxpayers via the treasury but that they be used to underwrite potential questionable (maybe even illegal activities) of certain nonprofits which have had a hand in promoting and expanding access to “no money down” loans for minorities, illegal voter registrations and extensive lobbying activities.

Let’s examine the connection of the Affordable Housing Fund and the Capital Magnet Fund with the various nonprofit groups mentioned above. In July, 2008, a Wall Street Journal article addressed the previous housing bill signed into law:

Provide[d] a stream of billions of dollars for distressed homeowners and communities and the nonprofit groups that serve them. One of the biggest likely beneficiaries, despite Republican objections is Acorn, a housing advocacy group that also helps lead ambitious voter-registration efforts benefiting Democrats. Acorn — made up of several legally distinct groups under that name — has become an important player in the Democrats’ effort to win the White House. Its voter mobilization arm is co-managing a $15.9 million campaign with the group Project Vote to register 1.2 million low-income Hispanics and African-Americans, who are among those most likely to vote Democratic. Technically nonpartisan, the effort is one of the largest such voter-registration drives on record.

The organization’s main advocacy group lobbied hard for passage of the housing bill, which provides nearly $5 billion for affordable housing, financial counseling and mortgage restructuring for people and neighborhoods affected by the housing meltdown. A third Acorn arm, its housing corporation, does a large share of that work on the ground. Acorn’s multiple roles show how two fronts of activism — housing for the poor and voter mobilization — have converged closely in this election year. The fortunes of both parties will hinge in part on their plans for addressing the fall of the nation’s housing market and the painful economic slowdown. .
Major “Earmark” in Democrat Bailout Agreement Blogs for McCain

What if Barack Obama’s most important radical connection has been hiding in plain sight all along? Obama has had an intimate and long-term association with the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now (Acorn), the largest radical group in America. If I told you Obama had close ties with MoveOn.org or Code Pink, you’d know what I was talking about. Acorn is at least as radical as these better-known groups, arguably more so. Yet because Acorn works locally, in carefully selected urban areas, its national profile is lower. Acorn likes it that way. And so, I’d wager, does Barack Obama.

Supposedly, Acorn’s political arm is segregated from its “non-partisan” registration and get-out-the-vote efforts, but after reading Foulkes’ case study, this non-partisanship is exceedingly difficult to discern. As I understand, it would be illegal for Obama to sit on a foundation board and direct money to an organization that openly served as his key get-out-the-vote volunteers on Election Day. I’m not saying Obama crossed a legal line here: Based on Foulkes’ account, Acorn’s get-out-the-vote drive most likely observed the technicalities of “non-partisanship.”

Nevertheless, the possibilities suggested by a combined reading of the New York Times piece and the Foulkes article are disturbing. While keeping within the technicalities of the law, Obama may have been able to direct substantial foundation money to his organized political supporters. I offer no settled conclusion, but the matter certainly warrants further investigation and discussion. Obama is supposed to be the man who transcends partisanship. Has he instead used his post at an allegedly non-partisan foundation to direct money to a supposedly non-partisan group, in pursuit of what are in fact nakedly partisan and personal ends? I have no final answer, but the question needs to be pursued further.

In fact, the broader set of practices by which activist groups pursue intensely partisan ends under the guise of non-partisanship merits further scrutiny. Consider the 2006 report by Jonathan Bechtle, “Voter Turnout or Voter Fraud?” which includes a discussion of the nexus between Project Vote and Acorn, a nexus where Obama himself once resided. According to Bechtle, “It’s clear that groups that claimed to be nonpartisan wanted a partisan outcome,” and reading Foulkes’s case study of Acorn’s role in Obama’s U.S. Senate campaign, one can’t help but agree.

Radical Obama
Important as these questions of funding and partisanship are, the larger point is that Obama’s ties to Acorn — arguably the most politically radical large-scale activist group in the country — are wide, deep, and longstanding. If Acorn is adept at creating a non-partisan, inside-game veneer for what is in fact an intensely radical, leftist, and politically partisan reality, so is Obama himself. This is hardly a coincidence: Obama helped train Acorn’s leaders in how to play this game. For the most part, Obama seems to have favored the political-insider strategy, yet it’s clear that he knew how to play the in-your-face “direct action” game as well. And surely during his many years of close association with Acorn, Obama had to know what the group was all about.

The shame of it is that when the L. A. Times returned to Obama’s stomping grounds, it found the park he’d helped renovate reclaimed by drug dealers and thugs. The community organizer strategy may generate feel-good moments and best-selling books, but I suspect a Wal-Mart as the seed-bed of a larger shopping complex would have done far more to save the neighborhood where Obama worked to organize in the “progressive” fashion. Unfortunately, Obama’s Acorn cronies have blocked that solution.

In any case, if you’re looking for the piece of the puzzle that confirms and explains Obama’s network of radical ties, gather your Acorns this spring. Or next winter, you may just be left watching the “President from Acorn” at his feast.

In case you didn't catch McCain's comments during the first debate? He at one time stated that he hadn't even gotten his Presidential seal yet.

Barack Obama ordered his special Presidential seal right after securing the nomination of the democrat party, ha.ha.

Does this speak arrogance, or what!

In case you didn't catch McCain's comments during the first debate? He at one time stated that he hadn't even gotten his Presidential seal yet.

Barack Obama ordered his special Presidential seal right after securing the nomination of the democrat party, ha.ha.

Does this speak arrogance, or what!
i thought it was funny as hell

yeah, he claimed he wasnt advising Obama

he took a phone call and answered a question on the economy....i'd HARDLY call that an advisor or someone on obama's payroll....if you honestly do, then so be it.....foolish to argue over a phonecall...

he took a phone call and answered a question on the economy....i'd HARDLY call that an advisor or someone on obama's payroll....if you honestly do, then so be it.....foolish to argue over a phonecall...
its more than the connection in the OP here
:lol:

the OP is, yeah, but this is hilarious how you will make the connection to someone OUTSIDE the problem as if he was actually RUNNING the failures into the ground

There are a ton of connections from Fannie and Freddie throughout the Democratic and Republican parties, thats why its a wash. Everyone goes to the well when they need money. I think it was lack of experience that Obama didnt think a little more about getting someone different to Veep but I have a strong feeling Johnson was suggested to him as we all know he hasnt been in Washington that long. I'm not saying its right on either side but they are both the same.

OK, people, put away yur notebooks and pull out a #2 pencil.

1. How much money did Obama recieve from Fannie and Freddie each year on average?

2. How much money did McCain recieve from Fannie and Freddie each year on average?

3. Which presidential contender sought to strengthen oversight of the troubled gov't insititutions?

4. Which presidential contender sued lenders under Equal Housing Opportunity laws?

5. Which contender has career-long links to ACORN, the fraud-ridden community organizers that the dems want to give 20% of any bailout payback to?

There are a ton of connections from Fannie and Freddie throughout the Democratic and Republican parties, thats why its a wash. Everyone goes to the well when they need money. I think it was lack of experience that Obama didnt think a little more about getting someone different to Veep but I have a strong feeling Johnson was suggested to him as we all know he hasnt been in Washington that long. I'm not saying its right on either side but they are both the same.
which is why he is not ready to be CinC

Forum List

Back