McCain the elitist

Bullshit. Having an opinion which differs with the majority (and I don't believe the majority actually believes in the sanctity of abortion, btw) and stating that during an election, so people have the right to decide if they agree or not, is NOT the same as believing it doesn't matter what the people think, or your will trumps theirs.

The whole pro-life position is, "the same as believing it doesn't matter what the people think," which seems to be a big part of you definition of an elitists.

Or take Iraq ... the majority of Americans have a differing opinion than McCain on Iraq but that doesn't stop him from imposing his will on that issue.

Don't worry, Allie ...we get it ... it's totally different and okay when your guy does it ... and elitist when the other guy does.

I've never proposed overruling the people when it comes to abortion. That won't stop me from speaking out against it.

Nor will it stop me from trying to stop elitist JUDGES from MAKING LAW without first putting it to the people.

That pretty much makes me the anti-thesis of elitist, you brain dead assheads.

The whole pro-life position is, "the same as believing it doesn't matter what the people think," which seems to be a big part of you definition of an elitists.

Or take Iraq ... the majority of Americans have a differing opinion than McCain on Iraq but that doesn't stop him from imposing his will on that issue.

I don't believe the majority of Americans do have a differing opinion, however, that's still not the definition of elitist. Elitist is thinking other people are somehow lesser than you, that you have more value, and they have less.

This really isn't that hard a concept to grasp...except for elitists who balk at it because they know they are elitist by definition, and as usual, want to change the definition so nobody will know.

^ such eloquence ... face it ... your boy McCain single-handedly stopped the elitist charge with one comment ...

"I think — I'll have my staff get to you," McCain told Politico in Las Cruces, N.M. "It's condominiums where — I'll have them get to you."

Whoops ...

I don't believe the majority of Americans do have a differing opinion, however, that's still not the definition of elitist. Elitist is thinking other people are somehow lesser than you, that you have more value, and they have less.

This really isn't that hard a concept to grasp...except for elitists who balk at it because they know they are elitist by definition, and as usual, want to change the definition so nobody will know.

John Kerry was an elitist because he wind surfed.

John Kerry was an elitist because he thought he was better than the average American, and therefore entitled to behave in any manner he chose, and feel no compunctions about lying about it.

How many threads do we need to have calling McCain an elitist? This from the bunch that can't justify one thing Obama stands for.

Check your air pressure in your tires lately?:badgrin:

John Kerry was an elitist because he thought he was better than the average American, and therefore entitled to behave in any manner he chose, and feel no compunctions about lying about it.

John Kerry thought he was better than the average American? Moreso than any other politician? How can you tell?

What sort of cracks me up about this charge is the fact that everyone assumes that being an elitist is necessarily a bad thing.

Let's look at the definitions, shall we?

e·lit·ism
1. practice of or belief in rule by an elite.

Who among us wants rule by average fellows who lack the intellectual horsepower to do the job? Anyone?

So if you're that kind of elitist, is that really a bad thing?

2. consciousness of or pride in belonging to a select or favored group.

Who among us is NOT that kind of elitist?

If you think you aren't, you are probably lying to yourself or are so full of self loathing that you're neurotic.

Yep.

It's amazing how the republicans can take a word and make it into something bad.

The irony of applying it to McCain was too much to resist.

Yep.

It's amazing how the republicans can take a word and make it into something bad.

The irony of applying it to McCain was too much to resist.

Except when you are saying someone "is" elite as opposed to someone "acts" Elitist. John McCain hardly acts elitist,even though he may be wealthy.

Except when you are saying someone "is" elite as opposed to someone "acts" Elitist. John McCain hardly acts elitist,even though he may be wealthy.
Are you sure? Criticizing social programs while accepting bennies from social programs smacks of elititism, imo.

To Ravi: How does owning 5 or 6 homes, make him an elitist?. Obama is the elitist Ravi, not Sen.McCain.

Forum List

Back