McCain Rips Obama a new One on Syria Strategy

Nova78

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2011
Colorado
On ?Leno,? McCain Criticizes Obama on Syria Strategy: Watch | XFINITY TV Blog by Comcast

John McCain accused President Obama of contemplating half-measures in formulating U.S. strategy for military action in Syria.

“So what does the president want to do?” McCain asked rhetorically, under questioning by Jay Leno. “The president apparently wants to have a kind of cosmetic strike, launch a few missiles, and then say ‘Well, we’ve responded’,” McCain said.

“This is the same president that two years ago said Bashar al-Assad had to go,” McCain said. “He’s also the president who said there would be a red line if they use chemical weapons. Maybe that red line was written in disappearing ink! I don’t know, but we have to be as good as our word.”

Go get him John.........

On ?Leno,? McCain Criticizes Obama on Syria Strategy: Watch | XFINITY TV Blog by Comcast

John McCain accused President Obama of contemplating half-measures in formulating U.S. strategy for military action in Syria.

“So what does the president want to do?” McCain asked rhetorically, under questioning by Jay Leno. “The president apparently wants to have a kind of cosmetic strike, launch a few missiles, and then say ‘Well, we’ve responded’,” McCain said.

“This is the same president that two years ago said Bashar al-Assad had to go,” McCain said. “He’s also the president who said there would be a red line if they use chemical weapons. Maybe that red line was written in disappearing ink! I don’t know, but we have to be as good as our word.”

Go get him John.........

John is an idiot. A genuine blooming idiot who's ready for the nut house. And seriously--wtf are our leaders doing on talk shows ??

Go get him John.........

McCain and Obama are both wrong, Syria's civil war is none of our damn business. Stay the hell out of it.

One bloodthirsty warmonger accusing another bloodthirsty warmonger of not being bloodthirsty enough. :rolleyes:

"The more I see of what you call civilization, the more highly I think of what you call savagery." -- Robert Howard, King Kull

If only McCain/Palin had gotten elected.

We could be kicking ass and taking names all over the world.

Go get him John.........

[I[/I]

I am liking that our conservative elected officials are going on the late-night comedy talk shows. Obama set the trend as he knows that's where the voters are, and are watching on TV. For many of these voters, this will be their only source of news in addition to their most reliable source, Comedy Club...:lol:

So it is good for the GOP to share that audience with the president. The GOP really needs to watch how well and with which "legal" methods, the president gets the vote out.

Here is the rest of what McCain said, to Leno: ( from your link )

Then, curiously, McCain admitted, “There are no good options.”

“What would you do?” Leno asked him. “You’re president right now: What would you do?”

“I’d crater the runways,” McCain said, proposing a strategic airstrike aimed at disabling Syria’s air capabilities. “Disable the six airfields that Bashar Assad uses. I’d prevent him from using his air power. I would get the weapons to the people who are fighting and dying as we speak, and I would probably get a safe zone that they could operate out of.”

McCain is apparently so confident that his plan would work that he insisted “you could do that in one day” and, he added, “you would not put a single American in any danger.”

Go get him John.........

[I[/I]

I am liking that our conservative elected officials are going on the late-night comedy talk shows. Obama set the trend as he knows that's where the voters are, and are watching on TV. For many of these voters, this will be their only source of news in addition to their most reliable source, Comedy Club...:lol:

So it is good for the GOP to share that audience with the president. The GOP really needs to watch how well and with which "legal" methods, the president gets the vote out.

“What would you do?” Leno asked him. “You’re president right now: What would you do?”

“I’d crater the runways,” McCain said, proposing a strategic airstrike aimed at disabling Syria’s air capabilities. “Disable the six airfields that Bashar Assad uses. I’d prevent him from using his air power. I would get the weapons to the people who are fighting and dying as we speak, and I would probably get a safe zone that they could operate out of.”

McCain is apparently so confident that his plan would work that he insisted “you could do that in one day” and, he added, “you would not put a single American in any danger.”

Which is basically what would happen if congress approves strikes.

:lol:

That old crazy motherfucker just wants to be involved in police action around the world.

Not endanger one American life well that's all fine and dandy.

But only whackjobs think that punishing Assad for killing Syrian civilians can be called a humanitarian effort by killing other Syrian civilians.

These asswipes are insane.

That old crazy motherfucker just wants to be involved in police action around the world.

Not endanger one American life well that's all fine and dandy.

But only whackjobs think that punishing Assad for killing Syrian civilians can be called a humanitarian effort by killing other Syrian civilians.

These asswipes are insane.

Oh yah---and support Al Qaeda while we're at it. Ty John but no thanks.

Go get him John.........

[I[/I]

only one little problem----the new regime WANTS THOSE RUNWAYS.

Go get him John.........

[I[/I]

Two little problems. The rebels are al quaeda.

[I[/I]

Two little problems. The rebels are al quaeda.

Well according to the Syrian National Council they are going to resolve that.......:lol:
I think they plan to just use Al Qaeda as mercenaries and then tell them to hit the road when the leadership in "exile" returns.

Last edited:

Go get him John.........

[I[/I]

:lol: The point of my post was to highlight the GOP going on late night talk shows, not agree with the senator...:lol: I am hoping Congress refuses to "fund" any action proposed by our reelected president.....:eusa_shifty:

What John McCain did is mild. Very mild.

Putin intends to slice and dice obama over it.

Putin wants to bitch slap Obama !

$obamaputin.jpg

Go get him John.........

[I[/I]

yep. it worked for Clinton to. these guys are making a connection with the younger generation as well. hey, i'll vote for that guy because he is cool. it gives them the chance to see them as something other then a stuffed shirt politician

Go get him John.........

McCain and Obama are both wrong, Syria's civil war is none of our damn business. Stay the hell out of it.

I agree. If we had helped before the Muslim Brotherhood and Al-Queda started hanging out with the Rebels, it'd probably be no biggie. But Obozo waited too long. Now, the only thing we can do is sit back and let them kill each other.

Forum List

Back