McCain: Opponents lying about Iraq history Maliki wanted 20,000 troops

Now considering Obama released Baghdadi in 2009. and he's beheading his way to Baghdad because ISIS and Levant were left to flourish and become a terrorist super power in Syria trying to take out Assad.

The West wanted Assad gone that's why nary a peep about ISIS except in overseas media. Well our idiot leaders have now had to go whoopsiesbecause like all good Sunni terrorist groups they know no borders so of course the conflict spilled into Iraq.

I just hope one day soon I see a tweet from Assad to Obama.

I told you they weren't rebels. I told you they were terrorists you fucking asshole Obama.

yours,

Assad
Still President of Syria despite you Obama you Mother Fucker

Last edited:
:eusa_clap:
Now considering Obama released Baghdadi in 2009. and he's beheading his way to Baghdad because ISIS and Levant were left to flourish and become a terrorist super power in Syria trying to take out Assad.

The West wanted Assad gone that's why nary a peep about ISIS except in overseas media. Well our idiot leaders have now had to go whoopsiesbecause like all good Sunni terrorist groups they know no borders so of course the conflict spilled into Iraq.

I just hope one day soon I see a tweet from Assad to Obama.

I told you they weren't rebels. I told you they were terrorists you fucking asshole Obama.

yours,

Assad
Still President of Syria despite you Obama you Mother Fucker
DEAD ON.

Here's the key. Maliki wanted troops to remain. He wanted training to continue. There was a hiccup over immunity but they wanted to continue talks.

Bottom line Obama bailed on negotiations. And bailed on Iraq.

Iraqi leaders announced in August that they were opening talks with the US on maintaining some sort of training presence in the country past this year.

But there has been little traction since then as the US military continues to draw down its forces.

Iraq denies immunity for US troops after 2011 - Middle East - Al Jazeera English

hiccup which meant no.
This is fun, so many people trying to pin this on the current administration, when the reality is we never should have gone in the first place, Obama and Bush were protecting our troops.

You want to keep forces there, then go buy a ticket and help the cause turds.

McCrazy and his effeminate little toady are both chronic liars and Obama haters. They have no credibility.

How many days, weeks, months YEARS did Obama stay in the Hanoi Hilton?

*DISMISSED* :eusa_hand:

You mean where the Hanoi Hilton Songbird stayed while receiving special treatment?
NEVER, and I mean NEVER happened. McCain refused.

HISTORY (and even Revision of it), is NOT your friend.

STFU LaDorka.:eusa_hand:

You mean where the Hanoi Hilton Songbird stayed while receiving special treatment?

McCain was tortured, he talked some. Mocking his service is a sad comment on society today. Another man I knew suffered the same fate, later became the first post war ambassador to Vietnam, Pete Peterson. Both fine & honorable Americans, always.

So the claim is that Maliki the Iranian puppet wanted a 20,000 man American bodyguard to prop up his regime,

and now we're realizing that in all likelihood his departure is necessary for any hope of progress?

The Iraq democracy was fledgling and could not protect itself. If Maliki's departure is necessary for any hope of progress, the next president's departure will be necessary for the same reason.

Iraq is now what the United States is becoming. A country so divided that neither faction is willing to accept the authority of any other faction.

McCain was tortured, he talked some. Mocking his service is a sad comment on society today. Another man I knew suffered the same fate, later became the first post war ambassador to Vietnam, Pete Peterson. Both fine & honorable Americans, always.
Honesty. Thank YOU.

McCrazy and his effeminate little toady are both chronic liars and Obama haters. They have no credibility.

Obama haters? Surely you jest. They've been critical of his foreign policy at times but they have helped him out on many occasions.

Obama asks Republican Senators McCain, Graham to visit Egypt

By Patricia Zengerle

WASHINGTON Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:23pm EDT

:eusa_whistle:

"The president reached out to us, and I said obviously I'd be glad to go," Graham told reporters outside the Senate. "We want to deliver a unified message that killing the opposition is becoming more and more like a coup" and to encourage the military to move toward holding elections.

Obama asks Republican Senators McCain, Graham to visit Egypt | Reuters

McCain had a unique POW experience. Initially, he was taken to the infamous Hanoi Hilton prison camp, where he was interrogated. By McCain’s own account, after three or four days, he cracked. He promised his Vietnamese captors, "I’ll give you military information if you will take me to the hospital."

His Vietnamese capturers soon realized their POW, John Sidney McCain III, came from a well-bred line of American military elites. McCain’s father, John Jr., and grandfather, John Sr., were both full Admirals. A destroyer, the USS John S. McCain, is named after both of them.

While his son was held captive in Hanoi, John McCain Jr., from 1968 to 1972, was the Commander-in-Chief of U.S. Pacific Command; Admiral McCain was in charge of all US forces in the Pacific including those fighting in Vietnam.

One can only wonder when the concierge at the Hanoi Hilton started taking calls from Admiral McCain. Rather quickly, one surmises, for the Vietnamese soon took John Boy McCain to a hospital reserved for Vietnamese officers. Unlike his fellow POWs, he received care from a Soviet doctor.

“This poor stooge has propaganda value,” the Vietnamese realized. The Admiral’s bad boy was used to special treatment and his captors knew that. They were working him.

For his part, McCain acknowledges that the Vietnamese rushed him to a hospital, but denies he was given any "special medical treatment."

However….two weeks into his stay at the Vietnamese hospital, the Hanoi press began quoting him. It was not “name rank and serial number, or kill me,” as specified by the military code of conduct. McCain divulged specific military information: he gave the name of the aircraft carrier on which he was based, the number of US pilots that had been lost, the number of aircraft in his flight formation, as well as information about the location of rescue ships. (5)

MORE: McNasty » CounterPunch: Tells the Facts, Names the Names

It gets even better...

you are such a disgusting filth of trash. he was tortured so badly he came back permanently disfigured you fucking asshole. tell me, what did he songbird about? be specific.

That is the point. Do you think that America would still be in Germany if Germans were setting off IEDs on a daily basis since 1945?

of course we would. so you're saying we should turn tail and run because of a few nutters? just let the country we torn down and built back up be torn down again?

now, if iraq told us to leave and take all troops, different story. that said, i always thought we would leave a base there like we did with japan etc...

You never built Iraq back up. It's a fourth-world shithole now instead of a third-world shithole.

Because the Bush administration lied to the American people and the world.

lies. we spent billions rebuilding. facts, learn them.

One thing I'll say for McCain. He is an honest man. I get really angry with him so many times because he is in my mind over willing to play hands across the aisle.

But he doesn't do it in back rooms. He's upfront and in your face. I can still admire that quality even though vehemently disagreeing with him on so many positions.

Case in point. The Egypt trip to save Morsi and the MB. I was spitting bullets over that. But he took the responsibility to help out Obama at his request.

My hair was on fire, but I could still respect him for his decision and commitment.

And how many did the American people want to leave there?

When did that start to matter?

To you, probably never.

wow...so the CINC should make military decisions based on what the american people want...eg....polls...

you have no clue how the presidency or the CINC is run. i'm so glad someone like you will never be president. even obama had the smarts to alter some of his war views after being elected. you will never be that smart.

if we left 20,000 troops there, i highly doubt this would be happening in iraq right. in fact, i am positive.

You & McCain are idiots. 20,000 Iraqi military melted away as 800 rebels approached Iraq cities. Their people & military do not support their leader. This is a political problem, not a military one.

If we only left 3,000 US troops, they would easily destroy 800 rebels. Plus we could surge forces in & out of Iraq as needed. The Iraq government did not want US there & we left. The amount of US troops had no real bearing on security. The only choice is were in or out.

Iraq's government is crap & the people & military refuse to support or defend it. So now the people are going to rid themselves of that government & form a new one.

Last edited:
McCain had a unique POW experience. Initially, he was taken to the infamous Hanoi Hilton prison camp, where he was interrogated. By McCain’s own account, after three or four days, he cracked. He promised his Vietnamese captors, "I’ll give you military information if you will take me to the hospital."

His Vietnamese capturers soon realized their POW, John Sidney McCain III, came from a well-bred line of American military elites. McCain’s father, John Jr., and grandfather, John Sr., were both full Admirals. A destroyer, the USS John S. McCain, is named after both of them.

While his son was held captive in Hanoi, John McCain Jr., from 1968 to 1972, was the Commander-in-Chief of U.S. Pacific Command; Admiral McCain was in charge of all US forces in the Pacific including those fighting in Vietnam.

One can only wonder when the concierge at the Hanoi Hilton started taking calls from Admiral McCain. Rather quickly, one surmises, for the Vietnamese soon took John Boy McCain to a hospital reserved for Vietnamese officers. Unlike his fellow POWs, he received care from a Soviet doctor.

“This poor stooge has propaganda value,” the Vietnamese realized. The Admiral’s bad boy was used to special treatment and his captors knew that. They were working him.

For his part, McCain acknowledges that the Vietnamese rushed him to a hospital, but denies he was given any "special medical treatment."

However….two weeks into his stay at the Vietnamese hospital, the Hanoi press began quoting him. It was not “name rank and serial number, or kill me,” as specified by the military code of conduct. McCain divulged specific military information: he gave the name of the aircraft carrier on which he was based, the number of US pilots that had been lost, the number of aircraft in his flight formation, as well as information about the location of rescue ships. (5)

MORE: McNasty » CounterPunch: Tells the Facts, Names the Names

It gets even better...

He was offered a chance to GO HOME...he refused...STAYED with his comrades.

STOW the horsepotatoes in a can and go into a failing business...NO ONE but the utterly stupid wiil buy it, believe it...ever see the pictures of him all broken up from the torture he suffered?

I salute my Brother VET as a Military man...My father knew him...and as a POLITICIAN is another matter...But then YOU are unable to separate the two parts of his life...and attack his HONORABLE SIDE.

PARTISAN HACK:eusa_hand:

What interests are we protecting in South Korea?

And just to put your rankings into proper perspective:

defense_spending.jpg

but your claim is BS about those countries not spending on defense merely because we are there. further, the amount we spend on those bases is minuscule compared to our overall budget. and, if you want to be honest, our budget is so high because of our weaponry, ships, planes, testing advance weaponry. we have the highest number of fighter jets and bombers in the world, you think that is cheap?

are you kidding about SK? do you even know where that country is located or which country is north of it?

If South Korea is so threatened by its neighbor (which in reality is not an actual threat to us)

why doesn't South Korea at the very least spend a percentage of its GDP on defense comparable to what we spend,

and then use that extra spending to relieve American troops from having to be there?

oh my goodness. seriously? are you really this dumb? SK is not a world power. no one spends the same percentage of their GDP on defense as we do. yet, you ignorantly think SK should since we are there.

to claim NK is not a threat to us is laughable. also, consider china next door. imagine if NK invaded SK, how would that effect global politics?

please, educate yourself. thank you.

Forum List

Back