McAuliffe says Clinton staying in, will win popular vote

this ain't your party.

this ain't your disco.

Guess what troll .. it's the only party I have ever belonged to. I'd be willing to bet I was a member of that party before you were even stain on the sheets.

Who is running for President of the US is EVERY responsible citizen's "disco." This ain't your private little affair.

So piss off, huh?

Then I'll ask it, When does Obama consider the party?

(bee gees and saturday night fever....bring it on!!! Disco inferno too! lol)

:D

Ignorant trolls like doeton do the Democrat party more harm than good with completely STUPID statements like this. Independent votes are up for grabs. Of course I have an interest in who the candidate is, and unlike "it's" pointless trolling, agree with me or not, DO have an interest in the politics around here.

But why not be an idiot and alienate people? Makes more sense, right?:rolleyes:

As chairman of the Hillary Clinton for President committee, McAuliffe has said that the delegates from Michigan and Florida should be seated. Apparently he forgot the position he took as DNC Chairman in 2004 when Michigan first tried to pull that crap:

From DailyKOS
Mark Nickolas digs out the relevant passages from Terry McAuliffe's own book:

"I'm going outside the primary window," [Michigan Sen. Carl Levin] told me definitively.

"If I allow you to do that, the whole system collapses," I said. "We will have chaos. I let you make your case to the DNC, and we voted unanimously and you lost."

He kept insisting that they were going to move up Michigan on their own, even though if they did that, they would lose half their delegates. By that point Carl and I were leaning toward each other over a table in the middle of the room, shouting and dropping the occasional expletive.

"You won't deny us seats at the convention," he said.

"Carl, take it to the bank," I said. "They will not get a credential. The closest they'll get to Boston will be watching it on television. I will not let you break this entire nominating process for one state. The rules are the rules. If you want to call my bluff, Carl, you go ahead and do it."

We glared at each other some more, but there was nothing much left to say. I was holding all the cards and Levin knew it.

[Source: McAuliffe, Terry. What A Party!, p. 325.]

My apologizes to GunnyL.

while one might wonder why a loyal party member would be questioning the leading candidates dedication to what's best for the party on a message board.

or perhaps ponder if commenting that someone isn't a member of the party is really what's going to destroy the dims vs.

suggesting the leading candidate doesn't know what's best for the party.

but i don't wanna be considered a troll...:eusa_liar:

How exactly is Obama not considering the party?

And Hillary lost a month ago. She should have withdrawn because mathematically there is no way she can win, and thats been true for quite some time.

How exactly is Obama not considering the party?

And Hillary lost a month ago. She should have withdrawn because mathematically there is no way she can win, and thats been true for quite some time.
If what you say is true, then this means that all the people voting for Hillary, are actually voting AGAINST Obama....if they know she has no chance of winning, like in today's race in west virginia....and they come out and vote in record numbers anyway, then imo they are casting a vote AGAINST Barak Obama....they are making a statement it appears.

I personally do not believe for one nano second that Barak had this won months ago...HE STILL DOES NOT HAVE IT WON.....he does not have enough delegates to win the competition because HALF of the country has voted against him, and with Hillary or others.

If he won the election already as they said, he would have had enough votes to win it, BUT HE DOESN'T.

To say this has not been a close race or to say that Democrats overwhelmingly voted for Barak is just simply not true....

SO FAR, 16,700,000 have voted for Barak and 16,600,000 Democrats have voted for Hillary, if you count what Democratic voters have done in the primaries....

THAT IS NOT any where near close to an overwhelming win for Obama....THAT is the Democratic party being virtually split down the middle....in a TIE....yes a TIE, even with the media being sexists and against Hillary for months now, telling her to quit, that she should quit, limiting her money collecting power every time they d=said it which has to be over a THOUSAND times at this point, between all of the media....

In any General Election in any state right now, a RECOUNT would be mandatory because the difference is within 1% of the total votes.

Not that I expect this in the Democratic Primary because it is NOT the popular vote that wins it, it is the delegate and superdelegate counts combined, reaching a 51% margin over the other guy/gal.....

Can you imagine how bad Obama would have looked today, if Hillary had withdrawn? She did him a HUGE FAVOR by staying in the race, that's for certain! Why? Because it would not look good at all that he loses in such a large, HUGE, manner with an opponent that is NOT even in the race....at least she saved him some face by staying in.....

He's got a huge problem come November if he does not do something to tone down his racist calling supporters....it does nothing but alienate the people that supported Hillary because she was the stronger candidate, and he will not win this election, if he does not capture these voters, just as Hillary would not win if she did not get the black vote behind her again....both are huge shortfalls on either candidate's part and stupid McCain actually has a chance...a chance that no republican should have in this election, imo.

care

SO FAR, 16,700,000 have voted for Barak and 16,600,000 Democrats have voted for Hillary, if you count what Democratic voters have done in the primaries....

care

whoa! gosh can't imagine why you didn't give a source for those numbers...well actually of course i can it's because they include florida and michigan...wanna talk about dividing the party?

here's an actual source though:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2008/president/democratic_vote_count.html

how bout play by the rules.

the rules the party developed.

:eusa_wall:

fair? or was

"a chance that no republican should have in this election, imo."

just a sound bite?

Popular Vote (w/FL & MI)** 16,579,735 47.9% 16,466,237 47.5%

.4% difference.

Even without FL & MI it's a damn close thing.

whoa! gosh can't imagine why you didn't give a source for those numbers...well actually of course i can it's because they include florida and michigan...wanna talk about dividing the party?

here's an actual source though:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2008/president/democratic_vote_count.html

how bout play by the rules.

the rules the party developed.

:eusa_wall:

fair? or was

"a chance that no republican should have in this election, imo."

just a sound bite?

Why WOULDN'T you count Florida and Michigan? The voters didn't break the rules, the politicians did. The votes still count.

What's really interesting is not the total popular vote, it's the popular vote in the states that will actually matter in the general election. Obama wins big in Republican states, yet it's supposed to be Hillary that the Republicans are switching over to vote for to help the Republicans. :rolleyes:

Hillary wins big in the Democratic states. It speaks for itself.

Why WOULDN'T you count Florida and Michigan? The voters didn't break the rules, the politicians did. The votes still count.

by politicians i realize you mean the state pubs who screwed their own citizens.

however, isn't hillary the politician the one that really broke the party's rules?

i mean dude do you really think it's fair to count hillary's votes when Barak wasn't even on the ballot in one state and didn't campaign in the other?

the popular vote without fl and mi gives Obama a 2.5% lead. from the source above.

now i agree that's not a walloping lead...never said it was

but the mathematics of the delegates make his win practically inevitable...which is why i found GunnyL's post questioning Obama's dedication to the party...a bit odd.

Now if Obama doesn't get the popular vote i'd support an argument against the him getting the nod...but that doesn't appear to be possible.

jsanders i think you do actually make an important point about the big states.

which is why choosing his running mate and concentrating on taking on Mcsame should be the priority now.

Obama broke the rules in Florida. He made a public appearance before the election.

Thank you, at least someone has sense around here.

HOW did Hillary break the rules? Because she wants to count the votes? There was never a rule that said she can't count em. The rule said the delegates don't get a voice.

And, like it or not, Obama's lack of attention to making these votes count will bite him in the ass. The voters in these two swing states have been disenfranchised, and they won't take likely to it.

Yes, I know they lost delegates in the Republican primaries as well. But the Republican race would not have changed had their votes counted, the Democratic race would have. If these states had counted all along, Hillary would have had a lot of the momentum Obama's enjoyed. A lot of his success came because of an early delegate lead, something SHE would have had if the voters in these states were not cheated out of their voice.

Thank you, at least someone has sense around here.

HOW did Hillary break the rules? Because she wants to count the votes? There was never a rule that said she can't count em. The rule said the delegates don't get a voice.

And, like it or not, Obama's lack of attention to making these votes count will bite him in the ass. The voters in these two swing states have been disenfranchised, and they won't take likely to it.

Yes, I know they lost delegates in the Republican primaries as well. But the Republican race would not have changed had their votes counted, the Democratic race would have. If these states had counted all along, Hillary would have had a lot of the momentum Obama's enjoyed. A lot of his success came because of an early delegate lead, something SHE would have had if the voters in these states were not cheated out of their voice.

Kind of like a bad call by the refs. Legitimacy goes down the loo.

Forum List

Back