Mayor Pete blames Trump for Ohio train derailment. Touts his record of improving rail safety.

Ok, if trump had never repealed the Obama ecp rule, would you still blame trump? My point is, if the Obama rule had been left in tact, it wouldn’t have made a difference. If you want to blame anyone, blame the agencies that were hired to do the studies and wrote a recommendation too narrow.

I mean, if you are looking to blame someone for not having ecp systems on trains, then we need to go back all the way to the 60’s, I think that’s when ecp was invented….and we will need to blame every president and politician since the time ecp first became a thing.

I’m only defending trump in this argument because his actions wouldn’t have made any difference here.

Money is not a consideration when the government does a study, money is only a consideration when the train lobbies start talking to the politicians making the rules.

Yes, we need to have the best safety standards possible when dealing with hazardous substances, or in any situation really, but, they have to study whether or not the system would be beneficial for a given situation. In this situation, they apparently decided it was not.

Besides, we’re arguing over something that may not be even relevant. We still don’t have the official report as to what caused the derailment. The braking system may not have played any part at all in what happened.

This gets so old. Whether the rule would apply or not is irrelevant. It should have applied.

When carrying dangerous chemicals, the carrier should have the most updated safety equipment available.

What do you disagree with there?

This gets so old. Whether the rule would apply or not is irrelevant. It should have applied.

When carrying dangerous chemicals, the carrier should have the most updated safety equipment available.

First you blame Trump for this because he got rid of a regulation. Then when it I proven the regulation wouldn’t have applied to this train all the sudden the regulation is irrelevant.

Don’t throw your back out twostung into those pretzels.

Trump did .. based on the results of the cost benefit analysis as part of the 2016 Obama recommendations including to rescind the recommendations if the costs were unsustainable (which they were).

It was wrong to do, all around.

87B0701B-D060-4E60-A477-60994E455D6C_jpe-2720207.JPG

Whether the rule would apply or not is NOT irrelevant when like ALL of left wing media are twisting themselves into pretzels trying to figure out how to blame this on trump. In that case it is very relevant.

I agree with this statement.

Whether the rule would apply or not is NOT irrelevant when like ALL of left wing media are twisting themselves into pretzels trying to figure out how to blame this on trump. In that case it is very relevant.

You are discussing this with me, not the media.

I agree with this statement.

Hence Obama, Trump and Biden have failed us since that is not the case.

P.S. I was accused of blaming ONLY Trump.

You are discussing this with me, not the media.

Hence Obama, Trump and Biden have failed us since that is not the case.

P.S. I was accused of blaming ONLY Trump.

In this instance, Biden, nor trump, nor Obama deserves any blame because the rule wouldn’t have applied to these trains, if anything, the blame goes to whoever wrote the law too narrowly.

If the law would have covered this train, and then trump had repealed it, THEN, I’d agree that blaming trump was right. I mean, I guess the Obama administration is partly to blame because this rule was created when he was in office, but again, he would have only been going off of the recommendations that the analysts gave him.

In this instance, Biden, nor trump, nor Obama deserves any blame because the rule wouldn’t have applied to these trains, if anything,

I support public schools then people like yourself try to reply to me and it causes me to question my support.

First you blame Trump for this because he got rid of a regulation. Then when it I proven the regulation wouldn’t have applied to this train all the sudden the regulation is irrelevant.

Don’t throw your back out twostung into those pretzels.
Who took the regulations off the table?

and he has already backtracked on that.....geez

Forum List

Back