Mayor Pete blames Trump for Ohio train derailment. Touts his record of improving rail safety.

N

Not arguing that. It may have helped, but this blame trump game is misplaced because his repealing the rule wouldn’t have affect this incident.

Read my replies. I never once simply blamed Trump. Not once.

I've covered this.

Former regulators and rail workers told The Lever News that the Norfolk Southern trains should have been designated as hazardous given the risks of carrying vinyl chloride, and that ECP would have at least reduced the damage caused by bringing the trains to halt more quickly.

Years Before East Palestine Disaster, Congressional Allies of the Rail Industry Intervened to Block Safety Regulations

Obama, Trump and Biden all failed us.
your link says congressional allies… only two of the people you listed served in congress

Last edited:
It's like Trump is still in charge.

Pete is just a PR guy. If you have any transit issues you gotta call Trump.

I've covered this.

Former regulators and rail workers told The Lever News that the Norfolk Southern trains should have been designated as hazardous given the risks of carrying vinyl chloride, and that ECP would have at least reduced the damage caused by bringing the trains to halt more quickly.

Years Before East Palestine Disaster, Congressional Allies of the Rail Industry Intervened to Block Safety Regulations

Obama, Trump and Biden all failed us.
Again, the train was apparently not designated as the right class to have received the brake update , so, this train, even if trump hadn’t repealed the Obama law, would have not been outfitted with the brake upgrade.

Again, the train was apparently not designated as the right class to have received the brake update , so, this train, even if trump hadn’t repealed the Obama law, would have not been outfitted with the brake upgrade.

Again, which only means that Obama, Trump and Biden had all failed us by not making sure that trains carrying chemicals that can kill people have the most updated safety features available.

Read my replies. I never once simply blamed Trump. Not once.
You’re arguing that the train derailed because the trains didn’t have the electronic brakes, which the left is trying to blame on trump repealing the law…even before we know the official cause. So, the argument you are making aligns with the blame trump game. Maybe you yourself haven’t actually blamed trump, but what your alleging essentially does the same thing.

You’re arguing that the train derailed because the trains didn’t have the electronic brakes, which the left is trying to blame on trump repealing the law…

I care less what you say the "left" is doing. You are discussing this with me.

even before we know the official cause. So, the argument you are making aligns with the blame trump game. Maybe you yourself haven’t actually blamed trump, but what your alleging essentially does the same thing.

All despite I have clearly blamed Obama, Trump AND Biden. Do you disagree that we should not have the most updated safety equipment on a train carrying a chemical that could kill many in an accident?

Yes, I am blaming Trump ALSO.

I care less what you say the "left" is doing. You are discussing this with me.

All despite I have clearly blamed Obama, Trump AND Biden. Do you disagree that we should not have the most updated safety equipment on a train carrying a chemical that could kill many in an accident?

Yes, I am blaming Trump ALSO.
Yes, I agree we should have the latest and greatest safety features.

Look, before they make these kinds of changes, the government hires all these agencies to do studies and they all come back and file reports and make recommendations. The recommendations those agencies came back with were that certain trains would benefit from having e brake technology. This train didn’t fit into that category, so trump repealing the law wouldn’t have made a difference on a train that wouldn’t have qualified to have those brakes.

The only way that would work is if they wrote the rule to state that all trains carrying any hazardous material would need to have those brakes, but the agencies report apparently didn’t say it was necessary.

I’m sure they’ll will be revisiting that rule now…though I don’t know when. You’d think they would be all over it, but so far, not a peep.

Yes, I agree we should have the latest and greatest safety features.

Then you agree with me that Obama, Trump and Biden has failed us but you still feel this need to argue.

Look, before they make these kinds of changes, the government hires all these agencies to do studies and they all come back and file reports and make recommendations. The recommendations those agencies came back with were that certain trains would benefit from having e brake technology. This train didn’t fit into that category, so trump repealing the law wouldn’t have made a difference on a train that wouldn’t have qualified to have those brakes.

The only way that would work is if they wrote the rule to state that all trains carrying any hazardous material would need to have those brakes, but the agencies report apparently didn’t say it was necessary.

I’m sure they’ll will be revisiting that rule now…though I don’t know when. You’d think they would be all over it, but so far, not a peep.

What happens during the process? $$$$$.

If you and I understand that we should have the latest safety equipment on the transport of deadly chemicals why do we need a study at all? Isn't it simple common sense?

The problem is $$$$$ fighting common sense regulations.

Again, which only means that Obama, Trump and Biden had all failed us by not making sure that trains carrying chemicals that can kill people have the most updated safety features available.
actually it means EVERY President didn't....but, it also means you are clearly having to backtrack from your blaming Trump....because that was a lie and propaganda you were merely parroting from the dembots who are attempting to deflect blame from the Xiden admin's horrible response.

actually it means EVERY President didn't....but, it also means you are clearly having to backtrack from your blaming Trump....

From the very beginning I blamed all three but you aren't going to let that stop you.

because that was a lie and propaganda you were merely parroting from the dembots who are attempting to deflect blame from the Xiden admin's horrible response.

All despite my noting how poorly this is going to play for Biden.

You are really ate up with it.

From the very beginning I blamed all three but you aren't going to let that stop you.

All despite my noting how poorly this is going to play for Biden.

You are really ate up with it.
1) no you didn't....and frankly that makes logically no sense, why isn't it ever President's fault since the start of the railroad industry then

2) you repeated the propaganda

1) no you didn't....and frankly that makes logically no sense, why isn't it ever President's fault since the start of the railroad industry then

2) you repeated the propaganda

The safety equipment in question is a more recent development. It was never required. Not sure where the propaganda is in that fact.

The safety equipment in question is a more recent development. It was never required. Not sure where the propaganda is in that fact.
There is zero evidence the safety equipment in question would have prevented this derailing. Looks like a bad bearing.

Then you agree with me that Obama, Trump and Biden has failed us but you still feel this need to argue.

What happens during the process? $$$$$.

If you and I understand that we should have the latest safety equipment on the transport of deadly chemicals why do we need a study at all? Isn't it simple common sense?

The problem is $$$$$ fighting common sense regulations.

Ok, if trump had never repealed the Obama ecp rule, would you still blame trump? My point is, if the Obama rule had been left in tact, it wouldn’t have made a difference. If you want to blame anyone, blame the agencies that were hired to do the studies and wrote a recommendation too narrow.

I mean, if you are looking to blame someone for not having ecp systems on trains, then we need to go back all the way to the 60’s, I think that’s when ecp was invented….and we will need to blame every president and politician since the time ecp first became a thing.

I’m only defending trump in this argument because his actions wouldn’t have made any difference here.

Money is not a consideration when the government does a study, money is only a consideration when the train lobbies start talking to the politicians making the rules.

Yes, we need to have the best safety standards possible when dealing with hazardous substances, or in any situation really, but, they have to study whether or not the system would be beneficial for a given situation. In this situation, they apparently decided it was not.

Besides, we’re arguing over something that may not be even relevant. We still don’t have the official report as to what caused the derailment. The braking system may not have played any part at all in what happened.

Forum List

Back