Mayo Clinic in Arizona to Stop Treating Some Medicare Patients

Doctors deserve to be paid that is true but they have been charging more, the hospitals have been charging more, so much more that nobody can keep up, especially not medicare. If the Mayo Clinic isn't accepting some medicare patients, they need to find a way to justify that. The senior community in AZ is quite large and verbal.

I went to the doctor several weeks ago and had to pay more on my copay because Aetna didn't cover something from the time before. I asked the receptionist what they didn't cover and she couldn't tell me.

It isn't just medicare being abused and abusing the system. All of the insurance companies do the same thing. Who loses? All of us consumers.

That's right.

Health insurance is about profit not health care.

Universal, single-payer, or something like it, will reduce the financial burden of health care on each taxpayer. That's the way insurance works. More covered persons means lower average costs.

Get it?

Single payer doesn't work. Ask the Brits.

Edit: Oops, my bad. That was a dumb answer - no point asking the Brits, very few of them have experienced anything other than their NHS so they think it's great. They don't know jackshit about good healthcare.

Read the link I gave you above.

I have. Thatcher didn't 'screw' up the NHS, it was already screwed. She tried and failed to fix it.

I know the NHS well. It's crap. Plain and Simple. I'm one ofthe 15% who choose to have private insurance rather than use their crappy system - but I still have to pay for it.

Single payer doesn't work. Ask the Brits.

Edit: Oops, my bad. That was a dumb answer - no point asking the Brits, very few of them have experienced anything other than their NHS so they think it's great. They don't know jackshit about good healthcare.

Read the link I gave you above.

I have. Thatcher didn't 'screw' up the NHS, it was already screwed. She tried and failed to fix it.

I know the NHS well. It's crap. Plain and Simple. I'm one ofthe 15% who choose to have private insurance rather than use their crappy system - but I still have to pay for it.

None are so blind as those who refuse to see. As the article said, the NHS is a model for the world and most who are covered by it and similar systems are happy. You're probably just a malcontent who wouldn't be happy with anything including divine intervention in your health care.

By the way, Thatcher screwed-up just about everything.

Forum List

Back