Maybe they do work for us after all.

pegwinn

Top of the Food Chain
Apr 17, 2004
Texas
Crossposted from The Realist.

How's it going folks? Hopefully everyone reading this is happy, healthy, and prospering. The title of this post indicates that maybe I was wrong in my earlier entry They Don't Work For Us. Only time will confirm it. But, I am going to hold out an (out of character) unrealistic hope.

An amazing thing happened recently. The people, yup the McUSA's, roared like lions instead of whimpering like kittens. And in that roar they crashed the Senate switchboards as they opposed the Comprehensive Immigration Bill aka Amnesty. Suddenly the exalted ones in the Senate discovered there was intelligent life outside of thier chambers. And, more importantly, some realized that getting rehired might not be as rubber stamped as before.

Honestly, I cannot prove scientifically that the crooks and liars we elected actually heard the roar and obeyed. So, I would like to propose a test to see if we can induce failure again. This time we want it to occur on September the 11th at noon eastern time. Obviously the date is symbolic to those both for or against the war. It is also midway thru the last month of the fiscal year. It is after the summer and holiday recesses. And it isn't close enough to Christmas to ruin anyone's festive moods. Finally, I would propose that this time we crash The House as well as the Senate switchboards to see if it can be done.

My personal issue call will be to get the Fairtax moving instead of sitting on the shelf in the House Ways and Means Committee under Charlie Rangels thumb. It would be awesome to see the same type of roar again.

But, I don't personally have the resources to reach and sell it (a single issue) to the nation at large. If, on the 12th of September, the news tells me that the switchboard crashed simply because the people roared over a thousand different issues then I will still consider the experiment a success.

But, curiosity compels me to ask: What issue will you call for?

Pegg, this post is singing to the choir for me. I've always believed that the power of government resides in the people. Problem is, they fail to excercise it. When they do, it's heard! Not welcomed, but heard.

They did for immigration, both on the left and right. I think the same should be happening regarding extending the 9/15 deadline. From the left, for the reason that it demonstrates they do care about the outcome. For the right, they do care about the outcome.

Bottom line, we have committed all we can, for as long as we can. The rest is up to the Iraqis.

As for the right and left here, the next elections will prove the point. I do know if I saw the Democrats concerned about the long scenario, I would consider.

Truth is, I see platitudes on the right, but little risk taking.

I know you have read other things I put on my blog. Politics has really gone sour for me. I know how it is supposed to be. But anyone can see that the reality doesn't equal the ideal. All of em, on both sides of the fence, are crooks and liars.

Every once in a while something happens that gives me a slim hope that the people will wake up. In 06 the elections really shafted a lot of folks. Democrats made promises and the Republicans simply coasted and assumed the masses would vote em in.

Well, the Dems are conducting business as usual. Honestly I didn't expect anything but that. The slim hope died soon after.

Too bad really. If the democrats wanted to keep the .gov all they would have to do is become republican lites.

On Sept 11th, I am going to make four calls. One each to Rangel & Naugebaur, and one to Hutchinson & Coryn.

Forum List

Back