Max Baucus doesn't want to face the voters

Baucus at least saw the error of his ways and admits it's a train wreck.

More likely than not wanting to face the voters is the fact that he voted against more gun control legislation and the DNC told him he could forget getting campaign funds from their war chest.

Sad to see Baucus go

I'm not. The man was a hack.

The reason the ACA was such a clusterfuck was because of guys like Baucus and Bayh carving out little bits of special interest in what should have been a clean, easy to understand reform.

I do blame Obama in that he conceded too much of the process to Congress, like that was going to turn out well, then had to scramble to get something passed after Scott Brown replaced Ted Kennedy.

Sad to see Baucus go

I'm not. The man was a hack.

The reason the ACA was such a clusterfuck was because of guys like Baucus and Bayh carving out little bits of special interest in what should have been a clean, easy to understand reform.

I do blame Obama in that he conceded too much of the process to Congress, like that was going to turn out well, then had to scramble to get something passed after Scott Brown replaced Ted Kennedy.

The 11 items on the first page would have been just fine. they should have addressed cost, not done what they did.

Baucus does not admit the errors of his way, though he certainly laughs at Katzndogz comments.

The old boy will have served one half of his life next year in the US Senate.

He wants to do other things: good luck.

As one of the architects of obamacare, he sees that it is a train wreck and doesn't want to face the voters. He's going to retire.

Baucus to retire rather than seek re-election in 2014, strategists say

ahoy Katzndogz,

maybe he feels remorse fer Medicare Part D? like, he feels aware that he helped support an immense, unfunded expansion 'o Medicare?

maybe he knows the voters might toss'm o'erboard if the voters be aware that Congressman Baucus' fingerprints be all o'er Mr. Bush's ill advised and economically ruinous tax cuts?

he won't be missed, i think.

aye.

- MeadHallPirate

Sad to see Baucus go

ahoy Rightwinger,

i can well imagine, me hearty.

both Mr. Baucus and his skipper, the POTUS, be pretty far to the right 'o the liberals in the Democratic Party.

if ye judged Mr. Baucus purely be legislation passed and ignored all the rhetoric, he's pretty much governed as a conservative, just like Mr. Obama.

*cheers*

- MeadHallPirate

Methinks the MeadHallPirate has had too much mead to drink and makes no sense.

Methinks the MeadHallPirate has had too much mead to drink and makes no sense.

ahoy JakeStarkey,

MeadHallPirate be a modern day swashbuckler, me hearty. he doesn't actually drink rum, he indulges in the mighty herb.

*nods agreeably*

ok, i admit that 'tis unfair to call Mr. Baucus a conservative...i'd just say that he was sort 'o a mercenary. he wasn't partisan, he just had a yearnin' fer his campaign coffers to be filled with gold. as such, he was very....ermm...very tolerant 'o many views, as long as thar was a hefty check 'a comin' his way.

and aye, Mr. Obama hath governed more or less as a conservative.

(not a Taft Conservative - more like a Reagan conservative...or basically any conservative that served in congress durin' George W. Bush's time in the skipper's chair, or Bush himself).

*bows*

- MeadHallPirate

You are an ignorant buffoon, in my humble opinion. So you best be on Ignore.

You are an ignorant buffoon, in my humble opinion. So you best be on Ignore.

ahoy JakeStarkey,

that be a mighty rebuttal, matey.

Mr. Baucus isn't a bad fella, but he's not much 'o a Democrat...or Republican, fer that matter.

he's agnostic, he just follows the money.

and aye, the skipper hath governed (just look at the legislation passed and ignore the rhetorical flourishes) as a Conservative.

if the best ye can muster be a personal insult, thats okies dokies matey, but its pretty weak stuff in terms 'o yer vigor in debate.

be well, JakeStarkey!

- MeadHallPirate

Baucus was a democrat in a very republican district. Had he run as a democrat he would never have been elected even one time.

Now he knows that with obamacare, he went too far. He, like many other democrats, have to retire or face defeat in the next election.

Baucus was a democrat in a very republican district. Had he run as a democrat he would never have been elected even one time.

Now he knows that with obamacare, he went too far. He, like many other democrats, have to retire or face defeat in the next election.

ahoy KatznDogz,

matey, well met.

since the Affordable Care Act be basically a construct 'o the GOP, 'tis hard to see how Mr. Baucus "went too far".

*bows*

- MeadHallPirate

No question at all that Obamacare, like most of the worst instincts of government since 1981, is a nutball construct. Like the open-ended expansion of Medicare the Bush League foisted on the public with fake-liberal help, Obamacare is basically the healthcare version of the defense industry's license to steal from the US Treasury. What tickles me is that it took a big time nutball, John Roberts, James Baker's liaison with Rehnquist in 2000, to get it done. Without Republicans there would be no medicare disaster. Without Republicans there would be no Obamacare. It tickles me more than my command of the English language allows to express that the biggest elevations of the worst government abominations (EITC, anyone?) track directly back to a filthy fucking nutball and the white trash who keep electing them.

Baucus, is, as a matter of fact, just another RINO ReagaNUT wearing the fake-liberal label just as Clinton did and just as Obama does. He has long been known to be among the most "legally" corrupt officials in western civilization. His use of revolving door personnel probably requires a merry-go-round.

Baucus ain't a gone fishing. That lowlife cocksucker will turn up in a big healthcare consultancy, something similar to how Clinton was made well by Marc Rich's pals (Who to date have paid Clinton about $80kk for favors worth a trillion or so to them. The man sold out the United States for next to nothing to the people who bought him around 1990.)

Last edited:
Once Baucus no longer has to worry about pissing off his voters, he undoubtably will go to work for some lobbying firm looking for favors.

No question at all that Obamacare, like most of the worst instincts of government since 1981, is a nutball construct. Like the open-ended expansion of Medicare the Bush League foisted on the public with fake-liberal help, Obamacare is basically the healthcare version of the defense industry's license to steal from the US Treasury. What tickles me is that it took a big time nutball, John Roberts, James Baker's liaison with Rehnquist in 2000, to get it done. Without Republicans there would be no medicare disaster. Without Republicans there would be no Obamacare. It tickles me more than my command of the English language allows to express that the biggest elevations of the worst government abominations (EITC, anyone?) track directly back to a filthy fucking nutball and the white trash who keep electing them.

Baucus, is, as a matter of fact, just another RINO ReagaNUT wearing the fake-liberal label just as Clinton did and just as Obama does. He has long been known to be among the most "legally" corrupt officials in western civilization. His use of revolving door personnel probably requires a merry-go-round.

Baucus ain't a gone fishing. That lowlife cocksucker will turn up in a big healthcare consultancy, something similar to how Clinton was made well by Marc Rich's pals (Who to date have paid Clinton about $80kk for favors worth a trillion or so to them. The man sold out the United States for next to nothing to the people who bought him around 1990.)

ahoy Dugdale_Jukes,

well said, matey.

- MeadHallPirate

Forum List

Back