Mavis Wanczyk winner of the $758.7

Dalia

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2016
France
A Massachusetts woman has come forward as the sole winner of the $758.7 million Powerball jackpot, the largest single-ticket prize in U.S. lottery history.

Published Aug 24, 2017

Mavis Wanczyk, 53, was introduced at a press conference Thursday morning. She purchased the winning ticket in Chicopee, Massachusetts. She said she is still coming to terms with being the largest individual winner in U.S. lottery history. Her prize is second-only in Powerball history to the $1.3 billion shared by three winners in January 2016.

“Today, as I was driving here, I’m still like ‘this isn’t true, this can’t be,'” she told reporters. “And then now, it’s like ‘I am a winner.’ And I’m scared, but I’ll be OK. I’m just coming down from all that. I just want to be me, and be alone and figure out what I want.”

She said she came forward quickly to get it over with and never considered keeping her name private.

“I just wanted to do this, I wanted to just get it over, done with and then everybody will just leave me alone,” she said with a smile and a laugh.

Mavis Wanczyk currently works at Mercy Medical Center, a hospital in Springfield, where she has worked in patient care for 32 years.

“I’ve called them and told them I won’t be coming back,” she said while smiling and laughing.

When asked what she would be doing to celebrate tonight, she joked, “I’m going to go hide in my bed.”

Here’s what you need to know about Wanczyk and her big win

Mavis Wanczyk: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know

Mavis Wanczyk, eh. The name sounds familiar. I think she's my long lost sister.
This woman always played the same lottery numbers, she played lottery before going to work I know a person who in the past also always played the same numbers every week and a week she could not go play the numbers And she would have earned an amount of 12 million Euros. She regretted not having played the numbers.:badgrin:

This woman always played the same lottery numbers, she played lottery before going to work I know a person who in the past also always played the same numbers every week and a week she could not go play the numbers And she would have earned an amount of 12 million Euros. She regretted not having played the numbers.:badgrin:
A lottery is a tax on idiots.

People who win a lot of money like this and quit their jobs virtually always lost it all day trading. Then they end up back on square #1 and jobless to boot.

A Massachusetts woman has come forward as the sole winner of the $758.7 million Powerball jackpot, the largest single-ticket prize in U.S. lottery history.

Published Aug 24, 2017

Mavis Wanczyk, 53, was introduced at a press conference Thursday morning. She purchased the winning ticket in Chicopee, Massachusetts. She said she is still coming to terms with being the largest individual winner in U.S. lottery history. Her prize is second-only in Powerball history to the $1.3 billion shared by three winners in January 2016.

“Today, as I was driving here, I’m still like ‘this isn’t true, this can’t be,'” she told reporters. “And then now, it’s like ‘I am a winner.’ And I’m scared, but I’ll be OK. I’m just coming down from all that. I just want to be me, and be alone and figure out what I want.”

She said she came forward quickly to get it over with and never considered keeping her name private.

“I just wanted to do this, I wanted to just get it over, done with and then everybody will just leave me alone,” she said with a smile and a laugh.

Mavis Wanczyk currently works at Mercy Medical Center, a hospital in Springfield, where she has worked in patient care for 32 years.

“I’ve called them and told them I won’t be coming back,” she said while smiling and laughing.

When asked what she would be doing to celebrate tonight, she joked, “I’m going to go hide in my bed.”

I bet she will be broke within 10 years like many others who take it lump sum. If she took it over 30 years, at 27.9 million a year, if she over spent herself 1 year, she would still have the following years to not screw up again.
Lump sum Vs Annuity | Lottery Post
www.lotterypost.comForumsLottery Discussion
Jan 27, 2004 · Lump sum or annuity ... Most lottery winners (75%) go broke within 5 ... there has been some sound advice tossed around the lp in regards to annuity, lump sum, ...

A lottery is a tax on idiots.
Free of tax in France, no tax on loterie win.:wink_2:

Last edited:

Published Aug 24, 2017

I bet she will be broke within 10 years like many others who take it lump sum. If she took it over 30 years, at 27.9 million a year, if she over spent herself 1 year, she would still have the following years to not screw up again.
Lump sum Vs Annuity | Lottery Post
www.lotterypost.comForumsLottery Discussion
Jan 27, 2004 · Lump sum or annuity ... Most lottery winners (75%) go broke within 5 ... there has been some sound advice tossed around the lp in regards to annuity, lump sum, ...
/----/ Some lottery winners are smart enough to contact an tax attorney and financial planner before they claim their prize. The money is conservatively invested and protected from scam artists and greedy realitives. Others willl piss it away. As I always say Poverty has nothing to do with a lack of money. It's a state of mind.

Forum List

Back