Mattis strikes at NATO

Finally! Somebody points out the obvious! Thank you, Mattis. Those who don't pay their membership dues are not entitled to the benefits of membership.

Finally! Somebody points out the obvious! Thank you, Mattis. Those who don't pay their membership dues are not entitled to the benefits of membership.
The General is simply saying what DJT is telling him to say.

I hope Mattis also believes this as well.

It is patently obviously true so I hope he does believe it.

The fokking passive aggressive Europeans have figured out a way to skrew Uncle Sam and they have been doing so since the end of WW2.

"Currently, only five of the 28 alliance members meet the NATO requirement of spending 2 percent of its GDP on defense: the United States, United Kingdom, Poland, Estonia, and Greece. "

Interesting, I'm wondering what reasoning Germany, France, Italy, Spain and Canada have for not meeting their NATO obligations, seems to me they should be a bit embarrassed that much smaller countries like Estonia and Greece can do it while they with their much bigger and more robust economies cannot.

Maybe Trump was right, time to reconsider the geometry of NATO.

"Your worst enemy could be your best friend and your best friend your worst enemy" --- Bob Marley

The General is simply saying what DJT is telling him to say.

I hope Mattis also believes this as well.

It is patently obviously true so I hope he does believe it.

The fokking passive aggressive Europeans have figured out a way to skrew Uncle Sam and they have been doing so since the end of WW2.

Yes they have and I'm sure Mattis is doing exactly what he wants to do.

Problem is, for many countries, being a part of NATO means picking up the shit the US left behind. Look who's getting the Islamic bombings, not the US, but France and Belgium and Germany, picking up from the crap the US made in the Middle East.

If the US wants, the EU and US can become less close, and see how long the US lasts without allies.

"Currently, only five of the 28 alliance members meet the NATO requirement of spending 2 percent of its GDP on defense: the United States, United Kingdom, Poland, Estonia, and Greece. "

Interesting, I'm wondering what reasoning Germany, France, Italy, Spain and Canada have for not meeting their NATO obligations, seems to me they should be a bit embarrassed that much smaller countries like Estonia and Greece can do it while they with their much bigger and more robust economies cannot.

"Your worst enemy could be your best friend and your best friend your worst enemy" --- Bob Marley

Maybe they don't think 2% is needed any more.

How many of them go around invading other countries to need to spend 2%?

Problem is, for many countries, being a part of NATO means picking up the shit the US left behind. Look who's getting the Islamic bombings, not the US, but France and Belgium and Germany, picking up from the crap the US made in the Middle East.
What are you, some kind of "alternative history" buff? It was the Europeans that fucked up the Middle East in the first place or didn't you get the memo regarding what the European Colonial Powers did there?

Newsflash buckwheat , the United States is the one that has been stuck cleaning up the mess the Europeans made... AGAIN, those assholes need us a hell of a lot more than we need them.

If the US wants, the EU and US can become less close, and see how long the US lasts without allies.
They are members of NATO, they need to pay their fair share. If they don't want the US to bomb bad guys they can do it themselves.

Then they should withdrawal from NATO and shoulder the ENTIRE burden for their own defense 'cause that worked out so well the last time the bloodthirsty assholes turned their own continent into a bombed out wasteland (for the 2nd time in a Century) and then needed us to rebuild their countries and protect them from the Soviets for the next half a century.

What are you, some kind of "alternative history" buff? It was the Europeans that fucked up the Middle East in the first place or didn't you get the memo regarding what the European Colonial Powers did there?

Newsflash buckwheat , the United States is the one that has been stuck cleaning up the mess the Europeans made... AGAIN, those assholes need us a hell of a lot more than we need them.

Did you not get what I said? I wasn't talking about long ago in the past, I was talking about 2003. Yes, I know all about the Europeans fucking up many Muslim countries, among others, that doesn't mean that this diminishes what happened in Iraq and the massive impact it's having on today's world.

The US never went in to clean up the mess, it went in to make a mess to prevent OPEC having so much power.

They are members of NATO, they need to pay their fair share. If they don't want the US to bomb bad guys they can do it themselves.

So, it's up to just the US to tell everyone what their fair share is? Right now I can see Trump making another mess he can't handle by making others leave NATO.

So, it's up to just the US to tell everyone what their fair share is? Right now I can see Trump making another mess he can't handle by making others leave NATO.
Did you not read the article? There are membership fees. Not everybody is paying theirs. The US is pointing that out. Why do you have a problem with that?

No, it's 2% of GDP per the NATO agreement.....

Then they should withdrawal from NATO and shoulder the ENTIRE burden for their own defense 'cause that worked out so well the last time the bloodthirsty assholes turned their own continent into a bombed out wasteland (for the 2nd time in a Century) and then needed us to rebuild their countries and protect them from the Soviets for the next half a century.

Well this time it's the EU, who will be able to look after themselves quite easily.

Its about protecting their countries dumbass.

They need to pony up more for their own defense. God you are an idiot

Forum List

Back