Matt Damon...My New Fav....

Discussion in 'Media' started by PoliticalChic, Apr 22, 2012.

1. PoliticalChic

PoliticalChic Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25,029
    1. "Matt Damon Slams Obama, Democrats: 'One Term President With Some Balls Would Have Been Better'

2. Matt Damon, one of Barack Obama's earliest supporters and once one of his most staunch advocates, slammed the President in the new issue of Elle Magazine.

3. "I've talked to a lot of people who worked for Obama at the grassroots level. One of them said to me, 'Never again. I will never be fooled again by a politician,'" Damon tells the magazine. "You know, a one-term president with some balls who actually got stuff done would have been, in the long run of the country, much better."

4. "If the Democrats think that they didn't have a mandate -- people are literally without any focus or leadership, just wandering out into the streets to yell right now because they are so pissed off ... Imagine if they had a leader."

5. The slam follows in the same vein as a number of other criticisms Damon has made of the President and the Democrats, including in March, when he criticized Obama's education policy."

Check out what the petulant fella' at 1600 Pennsylvania said...

"Obama responded jokingly to Damon's criticism at his White House Press Correspondents Dinner in late April, saying, "It's fair to say that when it comes to my presidency, the honeymoon is over ... Matt Damon said he [has been] disappointed in my performance. Well Matt, I just saw the 'Adjustment Bureau,' so ... right back atcha buddy."
    Matt Damon Slams Obama, Democrats: 'One Term President With Some Balls Would Have Been Better'

(If I was Damon, I would have come back with..."But I'll still be making pictures next year...you....??")

And, in a related story.....

6. "Matt Damon would 'Kiss George W Bush on the mouth for three seconds for his AIDS relief work'...but with no tongues!"

Read more: Matt Damon would 'Kiss George W Bush on the mouth for three seconds for his AIDS relief work'...but with no tongues! | Mail Online

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. konradv

konradv Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,674
    Applauding Damon's call for a more liberal agenda?!?!

3. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,434
    you give her far too much credit by assuming she understands what he was doing.

someone needs to tell her that anyone who thinks the president could have been better if he told the rightwingnut loons to piss off isn't going to vote for a repub.

just sayin

4. CrusaderFrank

CrusaderFrank Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +37,073
    Bernie Sander with Hugo Chavez as VP need to flank Obama from the Left and run a real Third Party Platform that USMB Dems can support: Single payer healthcare, cap on all earnings, nationalize all businesses

5. konradv

konradv Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,674
    Your wet dream, eh? Probably the only way the Reps stand a chance this year! :badgrin:

6. Wry Catcher

Wry Catcher Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,168
    Dick Cheney and Robert Bork as VP need to flank etch a sketch from the right and run a real Third Party Platform that callous conservatives can support: Privatize everything, eliminate all income tax and let the buyer beware.

See CF, it's easy to post a highly partisan idiotgram - I know you have much practice so I borrowed a little of your 'genius'.

7. Big Fitz

Big Fitz User Quit *****

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,475
    To use a football analogy...

The left is acting like Philadelphia Eagles fans. They got their awesome black quarterback (personified in Donovan McNabb), but when his on field success isn't enough to give them superbowls every year they turn on him like a rabid pack of wombats and refuse to acknowledge that their problem is not the player so much as it is their game plan.

8. PoliticalChic

PoliticalChic Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25,029
    Now that you mention the judge....I loved, loved, loved his book "Slouching Toward Gomorrah"...
    ...didn't you?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  9. Big Fitz

Big Fitz User Quit *****

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,475
    For everyone but themselves. They get a free ride.

10. Swagger

Swagger Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,512
    One actor slamming another. Honestly, where have I seen that before...