Massey, Sago Owners Set to Spend Big $$ to Defeat Pro-Mine Safety Candidates

JBeukema

Rookie
Apr 23, 2009
everywhere and nowhere
Two of the nation’s most anti-union coal companies, which operated mines where the two worst 21st century mining disasters claimed 41 lives, are set to dive head-first with loads of cash in hand into this fall’s congressional elections, according to news reports.
The Lexington (Ky.) Herald-Leader reports that Massey Energy Co., headed up by CEO Donald Blankenship, owner of the Upper Big Branch mine where 29 miners were killed in April, and International Coal Group (ICG), owners of the Sago mine where 12 miners died on the job in 2006 and several other major coal companies, are hoping:
to pool their money and defeat Democratic congressional candidates they consider “anti-coal.”

AFL-CIO NOW BLOG | Massey, Sago Owners Set to Spend Big $$ to Defeat Pro-Mine Safety Candidates

Anyone honestly surprised at this point? Goodness knows what would happen if we let these companies have no regulations.

Anyone honestly surprised at this point? Goodness knows what would happen if we let these companies have no regulations.

Doesn't surprise me, even the fact the AFL-CIO is it a source against them.
(Could there be 'politics' involved here? Nah. It would never happen.)

Forum List

Back