Mitch Miller Dies at 99....Follow the bouncing ball

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
Conductor Mitch Miller dies at age 99 - USATODAY.com

Sing along with Mitch

NEW YORK — Mitch Miller, the goateed orchestra leader who asked Americans to Sing Along With Mitch on television and records, has died at age 99.
His daughter, Margaret Miller Reuther, said Monday that Miller died Saturday in Lenox Hill Hospital after a short illness.

Miller was a key record executive at Columbia Records in the pre-rock 'n' roll era, making hits with singers Rosemary Clooney, Patti Page, Johnny Mathis and Tony Bennett.

Sing Along With Mitch started as a series of records, then became a popular NBC show starting in early 1961. Miller's stiff-armed conducting style and signature goatee became famous.

One of the first things I saw on TV------He was fun and maybe even helped contribute to my appreciation for music. RIP Mitch !

Very early Mitch Miller.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X56F8u_7cEc]YouTube - Follow The Bouncing Ball And Sing Along!![/ame]

RIP Mitch.

After watching that clip I realized that watching that bouncing ball land on words may have even helped me be able to read before I went to school. Ya ya---I'm old :lol:

:(

A memory from my childhood is listening to Sing-Along With Mitch during the Christmas season. Sitting in my living room, illuminated by the lights on the tree, my mother in the kitchen baking some delicious treat.

I'm sorry to hear he passed away but damn did he live to a ripe old age.

mitch.jpg

I remember watching him on the tube and would sing along with the songs. Mother covered her ears, dogs howled, and everybody left the room but I followed that bouncing ball! We could use some more shows like this on tv and less of that reality stuff. RIP Mitch.

:(

A memory from my childhood is listening to Sing-Along With Mitch during the Christmas season. Sitting in my living room, illuminated by the lights on the tree, my mother in the kitchen baking some delicious treat.

I'm sorry to hear he passed away but damn did he live to a ripe old age.

mitch.jpg

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to masquerade again.

Forum List

Back