Massachusetts same-sex marriage pioneers split up

Status
Not open for further replies.
MissileMan said:
Before you start raggin my ass, you need to read the post I was responding to. I didn't start anything. Those filters on your eyeballs are still only letting through what you want to see.
If I acted the way you did, I'd be insulting your wife or your mother by now. I think you just lack maturity. And yes, you do act like a 2 year old.

MissileMan said:
Except that wasn't at all what you were talking about. What does "saving the institution of marriage" have to do with "gays settling down"? You didn't just shift gears, you changed cars and racetrack.
Really? You're the judge of what I meant? That's presumptuous of you, isn't it?

You totally misunderstood what I posted and think your perception is reality, when in fact it isn't.

Oh, and by the way, congratulations, you've just won a lifetime membership to my "ignore list". It's been nice debating you... :rolleyes:

KarlMarx said:
If I acted the way you did, I'd be insulting your wife or your mother by now. I think you just lack maturity. And yes, you do act like a 2 year old.

Typical hit and run tactic. Quote where I've personally attacked you during our argument in this thread. Quote where I've said something derogatory about a member of your family. On the contrary, you were the first one to make it personal when you couldn't get around the fact that you were wrong! I'd say you're a classic, run-of-the-mill hypocrite. And as you've pussed out and put me on ignore, I'm hoping someone will quote this for you to see and maybe, just maybe, you'll be man enough to come back and fess up to your hypocrisy...I highly doubt it though.

KarlMarx said:
Really? You're the judge of what I meant? That's presumptuous of you, isn't it?

You totally misunderstood what I posted and think your perception is reality, when in fact it isn't.

Oh, and by the way, congratulations, you've just won a lifetime membership to my "ignore list". It's been nice debating you... :rolleyes:

I judged what you wrote, if you can't handle it, stop writing.

jillian said:
What do Adam and Eve or Mary and Joseph have to do with it?

I saw on the news yesterday that the average marriage lasts 7 years. So you were saying?

Wow. We're going on 11 years. Nice to know we beat the average! Thanks for that tidbit, Jillian. :)

Nienna said:
Wow. We're going on 11 years. Nice to know we beat the average! Thanks for that tidbit, Jillian. :)

LOL! Glad to hear it! When I saw that yesterday, I couldn't help thinking that I guess the 7-year itch is real....

Here's hoping you have many good years!

jillian said:
What do Adam and Eve or Mary and Joseph have to do with it?

I saw on the news yesterday that the average marriage lasts 7 years. So you were saying?

I have no idea--Why in the hell DO gays wanna marry ? It certainly doesn't look like a smart thing to do with odds like that.

jillian said:
LOL! Glad to hear it! When I saw that yesterday, I couldn't help thinking that I guess the 7-year itch is real....

Here's hoping you have many good years!
Thanks! And, yeah... year 7 WAS a rough one, along with year 3. I have heard several people say the third year was tough for them, too. Wonder why? :dunno:

Nienna said:
Thanks! And, yeah... year 7 WAS a rough one, along with year 3. I have heard several people say the third year was tough for them, too. Wonder why? :dunno:

Because three years is about the time it takes to fall in love (or lust), court, mate (sex), gestate, create a home for the child and get the child underway in life. Then males are hardwired to attempt this again, not necessarily with the same female. This is science. That's why we fall in love repeatedly during the course of a lifetime. It's biologically preprogrammed.

Marriage as we know it and monogamy more or less go against nature.

Nuc said:
Because three years is about the time it takes to fall in love (or lust), court, mate (sex), gestate, create a home for the child and get the child underway in life. Then males are hardwired to attempt this again, not necessarily with the same female. This is science. That's why we fall in love repeatedly during the course of a lifetime. It's biologically preprogrammed.

Marriage as we know it and monogamy more or less go against nature.

You romantic devil! But you get a lot of girls talking like that! ;)

jillian said:
I guess the 7-year itch is real....
It most certainly is! But I found that, with regular bathing and changing my socks from time to time, it went away!

jillian said:
The anti's are an obsessed little minority.
What? Are you living on the same PLANET as I am? You're cracked sister.

jillian said:
Otherwise, they wouldn't run out and vote because the issue is on the ballot. The majority of normal folk really couldn't care less. You know, the whole "live and let live" thing"...
"Live and let live"? What kind of hippie flower child bullshit is that? Hey... here's an idea... "go over to Iraq and tell one those whack job militant muslims *live and let live*, and see how long it takes them to SAW YOUR FUCKING HEAD OFF!" Not a good comparison? Maybe not the best, but it does make the point that "live and let live" is bullshit. You are what you believe, and if you're willing to fight for what you believe, you're a whole person. If not, you're a spineless apologist who lives in a state of delusion, you'll never have honor or a home. You'll just be sponging off the people who DO do the fighting.... FOR you.

jillian said:
Oh right.. you don't know.

Grow up girl, and get a life. Quit listening to liberals. They're fucking up your mind.

Nuc said:
That's why it is a sign of character to defeat these tendencies with reason and discipline.

and in addition to character there is that idea of growing genuinely attached to one very unique person and building a life (hardships included) with that person in which no one else on the planet can compare or compete with???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back