Mass shooting in France at magazine that published Mohammed cartoons

The most anti semitc muslims I encountered---were those
who had just landed in the USA and were from places that
had no jewish population
They are no different than KKK or NEO Nazis who've also never met Jews, and have been told what to believe about them.

Last edited:
Roud 10519757 So where do 75,000,000 terrorists and/or extremists getting ready to kill, live.

Are you intentionally trying to be dumb? Read it again.

I said a small percentage (around 5%) are the ones who are carrying out the violence and majority of the rest, agree with it or encourage it. For example, do majority of Muslims support capital punishment for those who insult Islam or Mohammad, or convert to another religion? Fuck yeah.
Actually, no. The majority of Muslims do not support capital punishment for those who insult Islam or Mohammad, or convert to another religion.

They support Shariah law, do they not? And Shariah law says capital punishment for those that insult Mohammad.
Use your bean. If they supported full Sharia law, their countries would function under full Sharia law. Take Turkey, for example, it is 90% Muslim, yet it absolutely does not function under Sharia law: I know, I lived there for 2 years. The vast majority of people there do not want a country that is ruled by Sharia law. Some countries in the ME have some form of Sharia law, but only Saudi is full Sharia. However, of the 1.6 billion Muslims on Earth, only a small minority hail from the ME. Again, logically, if most of the 1.6 billion Muslims on the planet wanted Sharia law to dominate, then most Muslim countries would have it, but they don't.

Having knowledge by living in Turkey means nothing to students of Fox News University.

Living in a major city in ANY country and being some
sort of professional communicating with like
professionals is not a way to get the pulse of the nation

Roud 10519757 So where do 75,000,000 terrorists and/or extremists getting ready to kill, live.

I said a small percentage (around 5%) are the ones who are carrying out the violence and majority of the rest, agree with it or encourage it. For example, do majority of Muslims support capital punishment for those who insult Islam or Mohammad, or convert to another religion? Fuck yeah.
Actually, no. The majority of Muslims do not support capital punishment for those who insult Islam or Mohammad, or convert to another religion.

They support Shariah law, do they not? And Shariah law says capital punishment for those that insult Mohammad.
Use your bean. If they supported full Sharia law, their countries would function under full Sharia law. Take Turkey, for example, it is 90% Muslim, yet it absolutely does not function under Sharia law: I know, I lived there for 2 years. The vast majority of people there do not want a country that is ruled by Sharia law. Some countries in the ME have some form of Sharia law, but only Saudi is full Sharia. However, of the 1.6 billion Muslims on Earth, only a small minority hail from the ME. Again, logically, if most of the 1.6 billion Muslims on the planet wanted Sharia law to dominate, then most Muslim countries would have it, but they don't.

Having knowledge by living in Turkey means nothing to students of Fox News University.

Assuming there is knowledge of Turkey and its history, which there isn't.

Not for long, the current Turkish government will eventually see to that. And some of them are more radical than the Muslim Brotherhood.
No, they are not more radical than the Muslim Brotherhood and they are not going to stay in power forever. Gloom and doom is all you people understand. You've never set foot in Turkey and you think you know all about it. I have Western and Turkish friends who live there. The situation is not at all as you are suggesting.
Really? Turkey has persecuted Christianity since it was first founded. Dare you to set up an openly Christian church in Istanbul.

Orthodox Christians struggle to this day, just to keep open because of harassment from the government and Muslims.

It only has got worse since the Islamists came to power in Turkey. Now the state isn't secular at all, as it is gone from favouring the Islamic faith (by allowing Mosques and banning Churches) to open support of Islam and persecution of critics.

Which nation on Earth has the largest number of jailed journalists and political prisoners? If you said China, Russia, Saudi Arabia, or Iran, then you would be wrong. That nation is Turkey.

Use your bean. If they supported full Sharia law, their countries would function under full Sharia law. Take Turkey, for example, it is 90% Muslim, yet it absolutely does not function under Sharia law: I know, I lived there for 2 years. The vast majority of people there do not want a country that is ruled by Sharia law. Some countries in the ME have some form of Sharia law, but only Saudi is full Sharia. However, of the 1.6 billion Muslims on Earth, only a small minority hail from the MD. Again, logically, if most of the 1.6 billion Muslims on the planet wanted Sharia law to dominate, then most Muslim countries would have it, but they don't.

Turkey doesn't follow Shariah because Kamal Attaturk basically outlawed Islam from all affairs of govt. He put in place a law that allowed the military to take over, should Islamists gain power (kind of like what just happened in Egypt). He even changed the official alohabet to Latin letter.

I wonder what is was about Islam that the Turks, Muslims themselves that caused them to virtually ban the religion from having any influence on govt. .
Ataturk created a modern Turkey that separates religion and state: just like the US has separation of church and state. It has as much to do with a first hand experience of the effects of religion as it had for the founding fathers of the United States. Ataturk is revered in Turkey, to the point they will never revoke his vision of a democratic Turkey with separation of 'church' and state. I know far more about Ataturk than you do. And far more about Turkey. And, yes, the military can take over if they see a threat to Ataturk’s vision taking over the country. They will not, however, set up a government reminiscent of the Muslim Brotherhood.

Last edited:

Not for long, the current Turkish government will eventually see to that. And some of them are more radical than the Muslim Brotherhood.
No, they are not more radical than the Muslim Brotherhood and they are not going to stay in power forever. Gloom and doom is all you people understand. You've never set foot in Turkey and you think you know all about it. I have Western and Turkish friends who live there. The situation is not at all as you are suggesting.
Really? Turkey has persecuted Christianity since it was first founded. Dare you to set up an openly Christian church in Istanbul.

Orthodox Christians struggle to this day, just to keep open because of harassment from the government and Muslims.

It only has got worse since the Islamists came to power in Turkey. Now the state isn't secular at all, as it is gone from favouring the Islamic faith (by allowing Mosques and banning Churches) to open support of Islam and persecution of critics.

Which nation on Earth has the largest number of jailed journalists and political prisoners? If you said China, Russia, Saudi Arabia, or Iran, then you would be wrong. That nation is Turkey.
That is total bullshit. There are many Christian churches throughout Turkey, including in Istanbul. I knew lots of Westerners who went to church everyday: no one persecuted Christians, not in the least: quite the contrary.

Where the fuck do you get your information? You couldn't be more wrong.
As far as your claim about political prisoners, provide valid supporting evidence.

Last edited:

That is total bullshit. There are many Christian churches throughout Turkey, including in Istanbul. Where the fuck do you get your information? You couldn't be more wrong.
Just because they exist, doesn't mean they aren't persecuted or discriminated against. Great fallacy there.

Yes, they are reversing many of the reforms made by Kamal Attaturk.

No they aren't. He is making some efforts that way, but it is not at all to the extent you think. You rely too much on ultra-right wing conservative media who whip things up and make them look like something they are not.

You know what: this discussion is just too tiresome. When you have something reasonable to say and not delusional, I will converse with you. But this bullshit is just annoying. You think you know about this, you are incorrect. You know nothing.

That is total bullshit. There are many Christian churches throughout Turkey, including in Istanbul. Where the fuck do you get your information? You couldn't be more wrong.
Just because they exist, doesn't mean they aren't persecuted or discriminated against. Great fallacy there.
They are not being persecuted. I know that because I knew a lot of Westerners there, Christians, who went to church regularly. No one was persecuting them. All religions are treated with respect in Turkey. I say the same thing to you as to Roudy: bye, bye, I cannot be bothered with this nonsense.

They are not being persecuted. I know that because I knew a lot of Westerners there, Christians, who went to church regularly. No one was persecuting them. All religions are treated with respect in Turkey. I say the same thing to you as to Roudy: bye, bye, I cannot be bothered with this nonsense.
Stop white washing human rights abuses: CatholicHerald.co.uk Despite the EU s demands on human rights Turkey s persecution of Christians is escalating

That is total bullshit. There are many Christian churches throughout Turkey, including in Istanbul. I knew lots of Westerners who went to church everyday: no one persecuted Christians, not in the least: quite the contrary.

As far as your claim about political prisoners, provide valid supporting evidence.
Stated right here, Turkey has the most in jail: China is world s worst jailer of the press global tally second worst on record - Committee to Protect Journalists

Stop white washing human rights abuses: CatholicHerald.co.uk Despite the EU s demands on human rights Turkey s persecution of Christians is escalating
The Catholic Herald is a right wing religious newspaper that dislikes Islam and Muslims. This is not a valid, reliable source.

The Catholic Herald is a right wing religious newspaper that dislikes Islam and Muslims. This is not a valid, reliable source.
It quoted AFP, which you will claim is 'right wing Christian' too no doubt.

I can't be bothered arguing over phone, where I can't quote easily. I don't care how much the Turkish embassy pays you, or if having lived in Turkey without ever meeting the around 10,000 political prisoners in Turkey - has blinded you from reality.

Stated right here, Turkey has the most in jail: China is world s worst jailer of the press global tally second worst on record - Committee to Protect Journalists
From your source, "Turkey, which was the world’s worst jailer in 2012 and 2013, released dozens of journalists this year, bringing to seven the number of journalists behind bars on the date of CPJ’s census. However, on December 14, Turkey detained several more journalists—along with television producers, scriptwriters, and police officers—and accused them of conspiring against the Turkish state, according to news reports. The detentions were born of a political struggle between President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan and the ruling party and the movement led by U.S.-based cleric Fethullah Gülen, and included the editor-in-chief of one of Turkey's largest dailies, Zaman, which is aligned with Gülen."

The people of Turkey are currently protesting against the government in Turkey. This particular government is not going to last, especially if they continue to behave as they are doing. Thus, there have been more journalists being arrested because there are more journalists as part of the protest against the government: it isn't really any different than when Nixon had the CIA spying on protesters against the Vietnam war and imprisoning journalists and protesters during that time. It isn't any different than people in the media going to jail during the McCarthy era. You are unable to see things in a broader perspective, with a better historical and world view.

I can't be bothered arguing over phone, where I can't quote easily. I don't care how much the Turkish embassy pays you, or if having lived in Turkey without ever meeting the around 10,000 political prisoners in Turkey - has blinded you from reality.
You wouldn 't know reality if you tripped over it.

From your source, "Turkey, which was the world’s worst jailer in 2012 and 2013, released dozens of journalists this year, bringing to seven the number of journalists behind bars on the date of CPJ’s census. However, on December 14, Turkey detained several more journalists—along with television producers, scriptwriters, and police officers—and accused them of conspiring against the Turkish state, according to news reports. The detentions were born of a political struggle between President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan and the ruling party and the movement led by U.S.-based cleric Fethullah Gülen, and included the editor-in-chief of one of Turkey's largest dailies, Zaman, which is aligned with Gülen."

The people of Turkey are currently protesting against the government in Turkey. This particular government is not going to last, especially if they continue to behave as they are doing. Thus, there have been more journalists being arrested because there are more journalists as part of the protest against the government: it isn't really any different than when Nixon had the CIA spying on protesters against the Vietnam war and imprisoning journalists and protesters during that time. It isn't any different than people in the media going to jail during the McCarthy era. You are unable to see things in a broader perspective, with a better historical and world view.
Thanks for the white wash. That you have mentioned zilch about the PKK, Kurdish nationalism - of which most are in jail on flaky (if no grounds) and there are many children in prison too.

Nixon did not put tens of thousands of Americans in prison because they were suspected communists or had sympathy with communists. Turkey puts people in prison for being suspected PKK members, or having sympathy with Kurds in general.

That you can make such an absurd comparison does not surprise me. People will accept blood money from Turkey all the time, and others white wash it simply because it is 'our ally'. Unlike you, I don't make distinctions, a human rights abuse is never right.

I have never supported US foreign policy objectives during the cold war, as a lot of them led to human rights abuses, military coups and so on.

But we are talking internal politics and today, and today Turkey is guilty of terrible abuses of human rights. If you white wash them, you soak your hands in those abuses and allow them to continue.

You wouldn 't know reality if you tripped over it.
You wouldn't know a conscience if a Kurdish child cried in your face, after being locked away.

No they aren't. He is making some efforts that way, but it is not at all to the extent you think. You rely too much on ultra-right wing conservative media who whip things up and make them look like something they are not.

You know what: this discussion is just too tiresome. When you have something reasonable to say and not delusional, I will converse with you. But this bullshit is just annoying. You think you know about this, you are incorrect. You know nothing.

Turkish parliament just reversed the law that allows the military to take over, should Islamists take over. Other reversals regarding Islamic attire are on the agenda. By all experts estimates, Attaturks reforms are in danger, unless the Turkish leadership changes, which it won't.

Why Turkey Lifted Its Ban on the Islamic Headscarf

Last edited:

Forum List

Back