Mass shooting in Canada...say what? I thought they had gun control...and an illegal gun?

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Yes.....the vaunted Canadian gun control policies....didn't save lives in this event.....

Edmonton mass killings extreme case of domestic violence police say - Edmonton - CBC News

The killings of six adults and two children in Edmonton were committed by a suspectwith a stolen 9mm handgun, police chief Rod Knecht said in a news conference Tuesday night.

The victims were found in two separate residences in Edmonton Monday night. The man police believe responsible was found dead by suicide in a restaurant in the nearby city of Fort Saskatchewan on Tuesday morning. Knecht said the man had a criminal record dating back to 1987.

But.....but.....the anti gun nuts say that criminals won't get guns if they are tightly controlled...like they are in Canada.....where did this gun come from....it was stolen....Say What?

The gun used in the slaying was registered in British Columbia in 1997 and stolen from Surrey in 2006. Knecht said the suspect had a business interest in the restaurant where he was found dead.

The suspect was known to Edmonton Police. Knecht said officers had gone to the north Edmonton home twice: once this year, and once in November 2012, where a man was charged with domestic violence, sexual assault and uttering threats.

Apparently....if a criminal wants or needs a gun....they will still get them...even in Canada.....

You gun control idiots are all the same.

Your presumption laws will never stop criminals is Nihilism. Nothing more.

Queens are held in high regard in Canadia. They also revere their former British rulers. I mean..Really...How gay are the Royal Mounties??? and British Colombia Lumberjacks.

It's 2014, do you know what the term "gay" means yet?

9 dead including the shooter who committed suicide. Shooter's surname was "Duong." The family was probably Vietnamese.

This is AMERICA. Do you outcast Vietnamese here? Is there some connection between this shooting and your brain being ok with it because they are Vietnamese?

I know many justify white shootings.:dunno:

Canada has 0.51 gun homicides per 100,000 people
The USA has 2.83 gun homicides per 100,000 people

Isolated incidents and anecdotes do not belong in a discussion of policy, large-scale statistics do.

9 dead including the shooter who committed suicide. Shooter's surname was "Duong." The family was probably Vietnamese.

This is AMERICA. Do you outcast Vietnamese here? Is there some connection between this shooting and your brain being ok with it because they are Vietnamese?

I know many justify white shootings.:dunno:

How's that welfare claim coming you worthless deadbeat? I think if I were you, I'd search for more secret codex in my post, possibly by aliens...no! Wait a minute! Possibly by RACIST aliens. Yeeeea. That's it. That's the ticket!

BTW you ignorant race-baiting little twat. My wife is Mexican, and I spent two years in Vietnam fighting a war on behalf of the Vietnamese people, while worthless chaff like you were back here seeing just how huge a democide you could help the communists perpetrate. You're a punk little man. Try and remember your place.

Last edited:

Isolated incidents and anecdotes do not belong in a discussion of policy, large-scale statistics do.

Facts and statistics won't work with these people. They stated about a month ago that the Country with the most gun violence in the world was a case for gun regulation not working. They repeated what the NRA and Right Wing media was sharing.

Sadly that Country only introduced gun regulation within the last months. It was like Sean Hannity attacking Obama when he hadn't made tons of change after 4 days of Presidency.

Momentum is a term rarely talked about in politics. (via, the Right couldn't figure out why Obama was spending so much money when he hadn't passed money spending bills.)

Some people don't do numbers.

A wise man once said; "America isn't split between Democrats and Republicans. We are split between people who think they know what is right and people who know what is right in their hearts.":eusa_doh:

The homicide rate among native Indians and Eskimos in Canada is nearly the same as our 2.83 per 100,000 rate.

Are you stating that 3rd world Countries and or cultures with minimal education commit more crime? :) Are you also stating that evolution is a thing?

When you have truly evolved, watching the rest of the Neanderthals try to get where you were YEARS ago is hard to watch. What is worse is watching the Americans still struggling with what we learned 2k years ago.

The homicide rate among native Indians and Eskimos in Canada is nearly the same as our 2.83 per 100,000 rate.

Are you stating that 3rd world Countries and or cultures with minimal education commit more crime? :) Are you also stating that evolution is a thing?

When you have truly evolved, watching the rest of the Neanderthals try to get where you were YEARS ago is hard to watch. What is worse is watching the Americans still struggling with what we learned 2k years ago.

Nope. Wrong on all counts. I'm stating that you're a worthless parasite and a piss-poor example for your kids. Is that specific enough?

So, what you are saying is that the US should be proud because our homocide rate is the same as people that have yet to fully adjust to the 21st century?

If a person really wants to kill gun control laws won't stop them. It's time we stop blaming inanimate objects and start blaming the real problem,humans and our society.

Yes.....the vaunted Canadian gun control policies....didn't save lives in this event.....

Edmonton mass killings extreme case of domestic violence police say - Edmonton - CBC News

The killings of six adults and two children in Edmonton were committed by a suspectwith a stolen 9mm handgun, police chief Rod Knecht said in a news conference Tuesday night.

The victims were found in two separate residences in Edmonton Monday night. The man police believe responsible was found dead by suicide in a restaurant in the nearby city of Fort Saskatchewan on Tuesday morning. Knecht said the man had a criminal record dating back to 1987.

But.....but.....the anti gun nuts say that criminals won't get guns if they are tightly controlled...like they are in Canada.....where did this gun come from....it was stolen....Say What?

The gun used in the slaying was registered in British Columbia in 1997 and stolen from Surrey in 2006. Knecht said the suspect had a business interest in the restaurant where he was found dead.

The suspect was known to Edmonton Police. Knecht said officers had gone to the north Edmonton home twice: once this year, and once in November 2012, where a man was charged with domestic violence, sexual assault and uttering threats.

Apparently....if a criminal wants or needs a gun....they will still get them...even in Canada.....

You seem to be confusing gun control being effective vs 100% effective. Nobody I know has said any gun control will completely eliminate gun crime. But it is supposed to lower it. The effectiveness is debatable.

Forum List

Back