Mass shooters target gun-free zones

Fort Hood was a gun free zone? Who knew?
Not you, apparently:

"In 2009 Islamist killer Nidal Malik Hasan, a U.S. Army major and psychiatrist, fatally shot 13 people and injured more than 30 others at Fort Hood, Texas. Fort Hood was a gun-free zone.
“Hasan reportedly screamed, ‘Allahu Akbar!’ as he committed his mass murder. …
“Barack Obama termed this Islamic terrorist attack ‘workplace violence.’ Complete lunacy.
“After the first mass killing nothing changed. Fort Hood is still a gun-free zone. President Bill Clinton’s gun-free policies are still in place. "

- Fort Hood, Gun-Free Zones and ‘Progressive’ Insanity

It is easier for a mass shooter to get a gun in this country than any other country on the planet.

Typical liberal...their bullshit gets shot down in another thread so they try it in another.
Nope it works in every thread. I believe we have more mass shootings than the next like 10 - 15 countries combined. Something you must be very proud of.

There are many countries you can get firearms more easily.
But of course you know that which is why you changed your spiel.

And of course you also know if we got rid of ghetto violence our murder rate would plummet.

Aside from the third world, there is nowhere in the world where it is easier to get a gun than it is in parts of the US.

There really is no legitimate argument about that.

Mass shooters target "gun free zones" because almost every public place with lots of targets in this country is a "gun free zone".

Nobody has shot up this school yet:

"Some teachers and staff in the Harrold, Texas, school district where Thweatt is superintendent carry concealed guns in the school as the last line of defense in the event of a shooting on campus.
"The town is 30 miles from the nearest law enforcement agency.
"Thweatt sees his job not only as an educator, but also a protector of the 120 or so kindergarten through 12th grade students in his care.
"In the wake of several major school shootings around the country, his school district passed the first-of-its-kind concealed handgun policy in 2007, aiming to provide protection for students in case of an active shooter. They called it the Guardian Plan."

Teachers with Guns

Gun free zones don't infringe on the right to carry a concealed weapon...does it?

My understanding is that if you committ a crime in a gun free zone, the penalties are increased.

Another thing I hope somebody can clear up...I understand there were several people on campus that were carrying concealed weapons with valid permits.......I think it sucks they locked those people down. They sould be able to waive the lockdown procedures if someone is armed. Maybe they could have gotten off a shot at the killer. Of course that would be optional for the carrier

Shhh....you're destroying their case.

It is easier for a mass shooter to get a gun in this country than any other country on the planet.

Typical liberal...their bullshit gets shot down in another thread so they try it in another.
Nope it works in every thread. I believe we have more mass shootings than the next like 10 - 15 countries combined. Something you must be very proud of.

And of course you also know if we got rid of ghetto violence our murder rate would plummet.
No there aren't. We have by far the most guns of any country in the world. And we have no idea where most of them are.

Really? So no country on the planet has access to guns like we do?
And you refuse to address the fact that if we cleaned up the ghetto our murder rate would be the envy of the world.

082614_guns.jpg
No mass shooting at this school.

Gun free zones don't infringe on the right to carry a concealed weapon...does it?

My understanding is that if you committ a crime in a gun free zone, the penalties are increased.

Another thing I hope somebody can clear up...I understand there were several people on campus that were carrying concealed weapons with valid permits.......I think it sucks they locked those people down. They sould be able to waive the lockdown procedures if someone is armed. Maybe they could have gotten off a shot at the killer. Of course that would be optional for the carrier
!

Why? You do not go hunting for the shooter - that is a bad idea. There is a clear difference in defending yourself and those around you and going on a vigilante hunt.
But the best remedy for a bad guy with a gun, is a good guy with a gun.

Theoption to go get the bad guy should be available. Nobody woould prosecute you...unless you pull a Zimmerman.

Mass shooters target "gun free zones" because almost every public place with lots of targets in this country is a "gun free zone".

"Some teachers and staff in the Harrold, Texas, school district where Thweatt is superintendent carry concealed guns in the school as the last line of defense in the event of a shooting on campus.
"Thweatt sees his job not only as an educator, but also a protector of the 120 or so kindergarten through 12th grade students in his care.
"In the wake of several major school shootings around the country, his school district passed the first-of-its-kind concealed handgun policy in 2007, aiming to provide protection for students in case of an active shooter. They called it the Guardian Plan."

Teachers with Guns

No one has shot up any of the schools that I went to, or knew people at, either - and all of them were "gun free zones".

Aside from the third world, there is nowhere in the world where it is easier to get a gun than it is in parts of the US.

Oh you didn't answer my question. If this is true, why do you think we should advertise the vulnerability of school kids, and our unwillingness to protect them?

Oh you didn't answer my question. If this is true, why do you think we should advertise the vulnerability of school kids, and our unwillingness to protect them?

What are you talking about?

Even in the 3rd world, if a criminal wants to get a gun they have to walk into the dangerous underworld of the black market, overpay for a shoddy old gun, and have a limited amount of ammo.

In the U.S., you just drive to Wal-Mart.

Even in the 3rd world, if a criminal wants to get a gun they have to walk into the dangerous underworld of the black market, overpay for a shoddy old gun, and have a limited amount of ammo.

Teachers with Guns

Hopefully, the kids do not find out where the teacher keeps the heater....

By the same token, Districts should put armed guards on campus. If you're response to a shooter on campus is to call "good guys" with guns and hope they bring their buddies, having a "good guy" on campus at the outset with a gun is just freaking common sense. I don't see why a lot of my liberal friends oppose this.

Teachers with Guns

No one has shot up any of the schools that I went to, or knew people at, either - and all of them were "gun free zones".

So we agree that children at schools should be protected from the rampant gun abuse in our country.

Oh wait, you didn't agree. You think they should just be shot to bits while people on the sidelines wring their hands and wait for the cavalry.

No there aren't. We have by far the most guns of any country in the world. And we have no idea where most of them are.

Really? So no country on the planet has access to guns like we do?
And you refuse to address the fact that if we cleaned up the ghetto our murder rate would be the envy of the world.
In no country on the planet is it EASIER for a criminal to get a gun. Don't change my words.

So you can buy illegal guns at wallyworld?
Pakistan has a whole town devoted to manufacturing ammo and selling weapons.
And no background check needed.

You should really direct your attention to the main culprit in gun related killings....ghetto dwellers.

And yet the mass shooting with the greatest carnage occurred in Norway where guns are almost impossible for the average person to get.
What's Norway's murder rate?
Higher than Tajikistan's.

About half our rate. But that's because it's too goddam cold to go outside and kill somebody in Norway most of the year.

Teachers with Guns

So we agree that children at schools should be protected from the rampant gun abuse in our country.

Oh wait, you didn't agree. You think they should just be shot to bits while people on the sidelines wring their hands and wait for the cavalry.

I don't think that "gun abuse" in our schools is "rampant" enough to justify any hysterical reactionary responses - I agree with neither the calls to ban guns, nor the calls to arm teachers.

One of my favorite arguments by the gun crazies is that everyone in London, Paris, Madrid, Rome, Geneva, Berlin, Munich, Brussels, Sophia, Warsaw, etc... who has an itch to murder someone knows where this supposed "black market" is and has a guy they can call up to deliver any weapon they want immediately!!!!

I'm almost 40 years old. I have zero idea how to access the black market to buy a DVD of the new Hunger Games movie.

It's almost as if you have to have a degree in nonsense to have a conversation with the gun crazies.

Forum List

Back