Mass. 2nd grader sent home for crucifix drawing

☭proletarian☭;1814028 said:
☭proletarian☭;1813972 said:
So not only does this kid have a messiah complex, he wants to die, likes the idea of being tortured, and thinks himself a false messiah (and is going to hell).

Christians should be appalled at the way this kid's being raised. Sane people should be appalled at the effect of this death cult on the child.

I can tell you've never read the Bible. Until you do, you should keep your ignorant opinions to yourself.

I read it.

A polytheist (Abram) chooses his favorite god, renames himself Abraham and starts a cult

fast forward

This cult declares itself racially superior and chosen by god,. They fight some wars, lose a few times, end up as slaves for a bit before taking part in an uprising and wandering around lost in the desert. Either in the beginning or the end (depending on whioch version of the story tyou're reading, in which book) they worship a gold statue of a cow and an old bastard named Moses gets pissed. They go on a campaign to rid the world of the lesser races, commits numerous genocides against the Canaanites, Moabites, Hittites, and others. They then found a nation that splits in two, a few tribes 'disappear' and eventually a few jews and some evil satanist gentiles claim a zombie is God and Christianity is formed.

Oh yeah, at one point, a bunch of them (the Levites) kill a bunch of their own people in order to declare themselves the police/ruling class (they call themselves priests)

It's a pretty fucked up story
:lol:

Well that's one way to look at it.

Maybe the whole story was made up by the right wing media. Fox has been known to get it wrong before
It looks like the media went full blast reporting only the father's side of the story before investigating the school's side of the story.

more accurately, the media didn't report the school's side because the school wouldn't comment. now they're saying that there was no christmas assignment, and that the pic the kid's father claimed was the one involved was not in fact the picture which precipitated this.

all in all, i'm inclined to believe the school's version of events if only because i find it impossible to believe that a teacher would assign a *christmas* project in a public school. i guess we'll see what happens after the father and the super meet today.

My best guess is that the kid's father couldn't afford a balloon.
I think the media and the father saw a win-win situation for themselves.
The father gets some attention for the upcoming lawsuit he plans to file and the media saw a way to boost ratings. Neither gave a fuck as to how this media blitz is going to affect the kid.

Gosh lonestar, that one line of yours: "The kid drew a picture of himself PAYING for the sins of mankind." Just made my heart sink....maybe the child does have problems at home, and maybe the father, by calling racism is trying to deflect from this?

Don't mind Lonestar, all in all he's too busy being racist in another thread to be using logic here.

WWJH? Who would Jesus Hate? :eusa_whistle:

☭proletarian☭;1814062 said:
☭proletarian☭;1814028 said:
I read it.

A polytheist (Abram) chooses his favorite god, renames himself Abraham and starts a cult

fast forward

This cult declares itself racially superior and chosen by god,. They fight some wars, lose a few times, end up as slaves for a bit before taking part in an uprising and wandering around lost in the desert. Either in the beginning or the end (depending on whioch version of the story tyou're reading, in which book) they worship a gold statue of a cow and an old bastard named Moses gets pissed. They go on a campaign to rid the world of the lesser races, commits numerous genocides against the Canaanites, Moabites, Hittites, and others. They then found a nation that splits in two, a few tribes 'disappear' and eventually a few jews and some evil satanist gentiles claim a zombie is God and Christianity is formed.

Oh yeah, at one point, a bunch of them (the Levites) kill a bunch of their own people in order to declare themselves the police/ruling class (they call themselves priests)

It's a pretty fucked up story

Maybe you're the one 'fucked up'? :cuckoo:

Not supporting genocide and the murder of your own people is 'fucked up? Not being a member of a death cult that worships zombies and practices cannibalism and vampirism is 'fucked up'? Not wanting to desensitize children to murder and torture is 'fucked up'?

:cuckoo:

Yeah, Christianity is all of those things. Maybe you should start your own movement, you sound like you enjoy preaching to others what they should believe and what they shouldn't. You have my sympathies. :lol:

☭proletarian☭;1813834 said:
Pete... why are you thinking about fucking boys in the ass? This thread is about a kid who drew a picture of himself being killed very slowly and painfully and some ****** who cried 'racism' for no fucking reason and illiterate christian retards who screamed 'satanic anti-christ atheists bashing Christians!' because their favorite means of execution was featured in the chiold's drawing of his own death.

How does any of that make Pete think about fucking little boys in the ass? Do all stories involving little boys make you think about fucking them in the ass?

The kid drew a picture of himself paying for the sins of mankind.

Gosh lonestar, that one line of yours: "The kid drew a picture of himself PAYING for the sins of mankind." Just made my heart sink....maybe the child does have problems at home, and maybe the father, by calling racism is trying to deflect from this?

I mean, IF I were the parent, a Christian parent that taught my child that the Christ in Christmas, is the Christ that died on the Cross at Easter, for the sins of mankind, and he was treated in the manner that he was with the teacher recommending an evaluation of him due to the picture of Christ on the cross that he drew when asked to draw a picture of what Christmas means to you, which he chose a well known depiction of Christ because he knows the Christian doctrine so well....I would be accusing the school of being anti first amendment, anti freedom of religion....NOT accuse them of being racist???

What IS a tad concerning is that this child COULD BE feeling that HE IS being persecuted for the sins of the world, or quite frankly HIS IMMEDIATE WORLD....his family and maybe even, school life....

AND IF, and that's a big IF, the article is accurate and the child did say that he drew HIMSELF on the cross, only his teacher, that he told this to, would likely know enough about him, to discern that he was just joking about it being himself and that it was the Christ in Christmas after all, or that he truly chose to draw himself because he felt like he was being tortured, as Christ was...?

this is a hard call for an outsider to make imo.

Care

There's too many "ifs" in your comment, I was commenting on the facts as we know them. Fact is the child drew a picture of himself on the cross, my opinion is that he understands that Christmas marks the birth of Christ and that Christ gave us the greatest gift of all.

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

Don't mind Lonestar, all in all he's too busy being racist in another thread to be using logic here.

WWJH? Who would Jesus Hate? :eusa_whistle:

Ad hominem is all you have?

Maybe you're the one 'fucked up'? :cuckoo:

Not supporting genocide and the murder of your own people is 'fucked up? Not being a member of a death cult that worships zombies and practices cannibalism and vampirism is 'fucked up'? Not wanting to desensitize children to murder and torture is 'fucked up'?

Yeah, Christianity is all of those things. Maybe you should start your own movement, you sound like you enjoy preaching to others what they should believe and what they shouldn't. You have my sympathies. :lol:

I've never had an atheist come to my door trying to convert me or telling me I'm going to Hell. I've never seen an atheist standing on the street corner with their fellow Segregationists and their H8 signs. I've never seen an atheist blame 9/11, Katrina, and Mississippi floods on "sinners" of their own choosing.

The kid drew a picture of himself paying for the sins of mankind.

I mean, IF I were the parent, a Christian parent that taught my child that the Christ in Christmas, is the Christ that died on the Cross at Easter, for the sins of mankind, and he was treated in the manner that he was with the teacher recommending an evaluation of him due to the picture of Christ on the cross that he drew when asked to draw a picture of what Christmas means to you, which he chose a well known depiction of Christ because he knows the Christian doctrine so well....I would be accusing the school of being anti first amendment, anti freedom of religion....NOT accuse them of being racist???

What IS a tad concerning is that this child COULD BE feeling that HE IS being persecuted for the sins of the world, or quite frankly HIS IMMEDIATE WORLD....his family and maybe even, school life....

AND IF, and that's a big IF, the article is accurate and the child did say that he drew HIMSELF on the cross, only his teacher, that he told this to, would likely know enough about him, to discern that he was just joking about it being himself and that it was the Christ in Christmas after all, or that he truly chose to draw himself because he felt like he was being tortured, as Christ was...?

Care

There's too many "ifs" in your comment, I was commenting on the facts as we know them. Fact is the child drew a picture of himself on the cross, my opinion is that he understands that Christmas marks the birth of Christ and that Christ gave us the greatest gift of all.

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

Maybe some people forget that the cross is an instrument of torture and execution. How about some kid draws a picture of a guillotine?

TAUNTON, Mass. (AP) - An 8-year-old boy was sent home from school and ordered to undergo a psychological evaluation after he was asked to make a Christmas drawing and came up with what appeared to be a stick figure of Jesus on a cross,

If he made this picture then they would be praising him as a "great artist"

obama_cross_painting2.jpg

I've never had an atheist come to my door trying to convert me or telling me I'm going to Hell. I've never seen an atheist standing on the street corner with their fellow Segregationists and their H8 signs. I've never seen an atheist blame 9/11, Katrina, and Mississippi floods on "sinners" of their own choosing.

Funny, cause I've never had a Christian come to my door, and I've never seen Christians standing on a street corner with any signs. If you have to use examples of extremists, then you're grasping at straws, which isn't really surprising. Why don't you try living in the real, every-day-life world where the rest of us are?

I have had atheists bash, ridicule, admonish, make fun of, and the list goes on of my beliefs, that's how tolerant these hypocrits are that preach their so called tolerance to the world. Give me a break.

Ad hominem is all you have?

Ad hominem? Nah. I'm just making a observation. So tell me Lonestar, while we're on the topic of Jesus, do you think he would believe blacks are inferior to whites? Inquiring minds want to know. :eusa_think:

I have no idea what he would think. But I believe that most blacks in America have an inferiority complex and it's clear that Michelle Obama holds the same belief.

MICHELLE OBAMA: First of all, I think that that's not going to hold. I'm completely confident: black America will wake up, and get [it]. But what we're dealing with in the black community is just the natural fear of possibility. You know, when I look at my life, the stuff that we're seeing in these polls has played out my whole life. You know, always been told by somebody that I'm not ready, that I can't do something, my scores weren't high enough. You know, there's always that doubt in the back of the minds of people of color. People who've been oppressed and haven't been given real opportunities. That you never really believe. That you believe that somehow, someone is better than you. You know, deep down inside, you doubt whether you can do it, because that's all you've been told, is "no, wait." That's all you hear, and you hear it from people who love you. Not because they don't care about you, but bcause they're afraid. They're afraid that something might happen.

Michelle Obama: Inferiority Complex Prevents Blacks From Supporting Obama | NewsBusters.org

I guess that would make her a racist huh?

Ever heard of the the black doll - white doll test. For those who are unfamiliar, the famous doll test was a survey taken years ago, where black school age children where asked positive and negative questions about black and white dolls. To sum things up, the kids overwhelmingly preferred the white dolls. The test was run again recently with the same results.

Guess? Let's focus on the facts as we know them.

Like the fact that Saturnalia has nothing to do with Jesus except as a Catholic invention meant to allow the pagans to keep celebrating the same holiday while the Church could dress it up and use it to increase their own power (just like Eostra's day).

Care

Maybe some people forget that the cross is an instrument of torture and execution. How about some kid draws a picture of a guillotine?

Is? I would agree that it once was, but I haven't heard of anyone being crucified in my lifetime. Fact is the cross is the best-known religious symbol of Christianity. The cross reminds Christians of God's act of love in Christ's sacrifice at Calvary—"the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world." The cross also reminds Christians of Jesus' victory over sin and death, since it is believed that through His death and resurrection He conquered death itself. They venerate it not as a material object seen in isolation but as the symbol of the sacrifice by which Christ saved us, as the instrument of Christ's triumph, according to Colossians 2:15 ("Having disarmed the powers and authorities, he made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them by the cross"), and "as the instrument of our God's saving Love".

Fact is the cross is the best-known religious symbol of Christianity.

Thou shall make no graven images, whether in the form of anything that is in heaven above, or that is on the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth
oops

☭proletarian☭;1814342 said:

Like the fact that Saturnalia has nothing to do with Jesus except as a Catholic invention meant to allow the pagans to keep celebrating the same holiday while the Church could dress it up and use it to increase their own power (just like Eostra's day).

Your point is?

Funny, cause I've never had a Christian come to my door,

I have...on the average of one or two a month.

and I've never seen Christians standing on a street corner with any signs.

I have...in the thousands before last November...entire congregations would go out there with their children and chant.

If you have to use examples of extremists,

So....you are saying that Christians that come to our doors are extremists? Ok, then...I'll buy that.

You are saying that the thousands who held up H8 signs this last fall are extremists? Ok, I will agree with you on that.

then you're grasping at straws,
No, I am stating my experience.

which isn't really surprising.
Thank you...I try to base what I talk about on real experiences. Glad to see you recognise as much.

Why don't you try living in the real, every-day-life world where the rest of us are?

Only for the last 54 years.

I have had atheists bash, ridicule, admonish, make fun of, and the list goes on of my beliefs,

When and where? What organization did they belong to as they came to your door? What organization did they represent when they protested in the thousands on street corners?

that's how tolerant these hypocrits are that preach their so called tolerance to the world. Give me a break.

I understand your definition of tolerance alright....do it our way because this is a christian nation....blah blah blah...based on judeo-christian ethics...blah, blah, blah. You're persecuting us because someone had the NERVE to say Happy Holidays to me instead of Merry Christmas...blah blah blah.

Poor persecuted you.

☭proletarian☭;1814342 said:

Your point is?

Of course. :lol::lol::lol:

Is? I would agree that it once was, but I haven't heard of anyone being crucified in my lifetime. Fact is the cross is the best-known religious symbol of Christianity. The cross reminds Christians of God's act of love in Christ's sacrifice at Calvary—"the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world." The cross also reminds Christians of Jesus' victory over sin and death, since it is believed that through His death and resurrection He conquered death itself. They venerate it not as a material object seen in isolation but as the symbol of the sacrifice by which Christ saved us, as the instrument of Christ's triumph, according to Colossians 2:15 ("Having disarmed the powers and authorities, he made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them by the cross"), and "as the instrument of our God's saving Love".

And no one has been guillotined in my lifetime...how does that change things about something being an instrument of torture?

(And here you go again, foisting YOUR symbols on the rest of us like we too have to take on their bizarre mystical meanings)

Forum List

Back