Masks Reduce COVID Infections by 53%

This is somewhat off topic...but I think many have lost sight of the realities of Covid19.

Everyone is going to get Covid eventually. If we are VERY lucky Omicron will give way to an even less dangerous variation...but probably only by degrees.

Omicron is FAR less deadly than Alpha was... and less dangerous than Delta was.

What's left to determine is Omicron's likelihood of producing chronic Covid symptoms...aka long-covid.

We'll know the answer to that soon.

If the answer is Omicron does not cause chronic Covid... and if it is analogous to influenza in hospitalisation and death rates...it is likely time to put the fear of contacting Covid19 behind us.
What's left to determine is how the virus will spread via reverse zoonosis: deer-tick-mouse.

It stopped covid a great deal depending on the mask you were wearing. Covid is not the flu, it's more contagious and every step up on that ladder requires a better mask. Not enough ppl were wearing surgical masks or better and not everyone was wearing one at all. If no one was wearing a mask at all then we would have had many more times more cases, hospitalizations and death. Nearly everyone was required to wear a mask in packed asian cities and countries. Did you see them being overrun with covid like we were? No. Proper masking works.

No, they were being overrun in wuhan even with masks but that reporting was shutdown. Frankly, I don't care if you wear a mask or don't or get an injection or don't. Ultimately, its an individuals decision. I won't be participating by wearing one or receiving an injection. That's my decision.

Wrong.
If the flu had been eradicated last year, there would be no flu to expand this year.
Obviously what happened instead is the testing was bad, and they were falsely labeling flu as covid.

{...

CDC Finally Admits PCR Tests Unable To Differentiate Between Flu And COVID, Withdraws Its Use​

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recently published an announcement on its website saying that the agency will no longer honor the emergency use authorization of the PCR test for COVID testing beginning January 1, 2022. They are now encouraging the use of another COVID test.

According to the CDC, it will withdraw its request to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) of the CDC 2019-Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) Real-Time RT-PCR Diagnostic Panel, the assay which was first introduced in February 2020 to detect COVID. To prepare for this change, the agency has ordered clinical laboratories and testing sites that have used the PCR assay to select and begin their transition to another FDA-approved COVID test.
...}

"Wrong"

Uh, no. PCR tests confirm covid in patients. No one is "mislabeling" covid as influenza.

"christianitydaily" :laugh:

Below is where you'll find the real facts, according to science, not politics and conspiracy theories. The CDC isn't saying the pcr can't tell the difference between flu and covid. What a bold face lie.

No, they were being overrun in wuhan even with masks but that reporting was shutdown. Frankly, I don't care if you wear a mask or don't or get an injection or don't. Ultimately, its an individuals decision. I won't be participating by wearing one or receiving an injection. That's my decision.

No. It overan the city in very beginning because no one even knew what was going on. It had nothing to do with masks. After they shutdown for maybe 2 months life returned to normal.

No. It overan the city in very beginning because no one even knew what was going on. It had nothing to do with masks. After they shutdown for maybe 2 months life returned to normal.

That had nothing to do with masks regardless if you had one or not. The virus went through the population quickly and that was it.

It blows my mind that this is even a thing.

A post or two ago I mentioned a meta-analysis about masks and forgot to include a hyperlink to the study. I know many of you are looking for it, so here it is. In short, the authors pooled 72 studies to assess how different public health mitigation measures (like masks, socially distancing, handwashing, etc.) impacted COVID19 infection. They found that some public health measures don’t really work. But, mask wearing reduced COVID19 infection by 53%. (For the record, this isn’t the only publication that shows masks work. For example, here are three studies that show they work well in schools.)​
Mask effectiveness is certainly dependent on the type of mask, though. This is why a layered approach (vaccine, mask, ventilation, testing) is crucial, especially in light of Omicron. The Wall Street Journal published a great graphic earlier this week comparing the protection of different types of masks:​
(WSJ)​

Fuck Joe Biden and fuck the CDC.

Masks Reduce COVID Infections by 53%

A post or two ago I mentioned a meta-analysis about masks and forgot to include a hyperlink to the study. I know many of you are looking for it, so here it is. In short, the authors pooled 72 studies to assess how different public health mitigation measures (like masks, socially distancing, handwashing, etc.) impacted COVID19 infection. They found that some public health measures don’t really work. But, mask wearing reduced COVID19 infection by 53%. (For the record, this isn’t the only publication that shows masks work. For example, here are three studies that show they work well in schools.)​
Mask effectiveness is certainly dependent on the type of mask, though. This is why a layered approach (vaccine, mask, ventilation, testing) is crucial, especially in light of Omicron. The Wall Street Journal published a great graphic earlier this week comparing the protection of different types of masks:​
(WSJ)​

Mierda de Toro

zPICT0001pHQ1600E.JPG

Both vaccines and masks have positive and negative effects. How much of each often depends on the individual. Well sealed masks might be very effective but can also cause severe damage to people with preexisting low oxygenation issues. for those people a thinner mask plus solid vaccination is far more effective and safe.

So perhaps "one size fits all" mandates for/against masks and vaccines is not the ideal solution. It would be better to let the highly successful US free market economy drive the choices.

What if (1) each individual were free to choose to vaccinate/mask or not, (2) each business/hospital/school/etc chose to serve the vaccinated/masked or unvaccinated/unmasked (but if serving a critical function and the entity was large enough it would have to serve both - through separate facilities or isolated areas), (3) vaccinated employees were free to choose whether to serve the unvaccinated or not, (4) unvaccinated employees were free to work serving their fellow unvaccinated, (5) businesses were free to choose how to prioritize resources according to costs and risks.

I believe that this is one case where the free market economy would make the businesses that choose well (whatever well means) flourish, those that choose wrong go under, as individuals go to those businesses that serve their needs best.

People would be free, consequences of choice would affect mainly those that make the choice and not others, and those that choose wrong (whether that means vaccinating or not, masking or not) would fairly quickly recognize it on their own and change position without being forced to anything.

Both vaccines and masks have positive and negative effects. How much of each often depends on the individual. Well sealed masks might be very effective but can also cause severe damage to people with preexisting low oxygenation issues. for those people a thinner mask plus solid vaccination is far more effective and safe.

So perhaps "one size fits all" mandates for/against masks and vaccines is not the ideal solution. It would be better to let the highly successful US free market economy drive the choices.

What if (1) each individual were free to choose to vaccinate/mask or not, (2) each business/hospital/school/etc chose to serve the vaccinated/masked or unvaccinated/unmasked (but if serving a critical function and the entity was large enough it would have to serve both - through separate facilities or isolated areas), (3) vaccinated employees were free to choose whether to serve the unvaccinated or not, (4) unvaccinated employees were free to work serving their fellow unvaccinated, (5) businesses were free to choose how to prioritize resources according to costs and risks.

I believe that this is one case where the free market economy would make the businesses that choose well (whatever well means) flourish, those that choose wrong go under, as individuals go to those businesses that serve their needs best.

People would be free, consequences of choice would affect mainly those that make the choice and not others, and those that choose wrong (whether that means vaccinating or not, masking or not) would fairly quickly recognize it on their own and change position without being forced to anything.
In short NO this is not or has never been about your heath, its about control plain and simple.
You will own nothing and be happy.

(WSJ)​

hahahahahahahahahaha what a crock of shit.

Made up numbers from bogus studies.

N95 masks (most everyone does not wear these) are rated for particulate 0.3 microns and larger. COVID-19 viruses (and fine aerosols) are roughly 0.1 micron and smaller. 0.3 > 0.1

\do you think surgeons should stop using masks when they operate ?
Is this really the ONLY question that mask addicts are programmed to ask?

SURGEONS. DON’T. USE. MASKS. TO. PREVENT. VIRUSES.

Surgeons use masks to prevent fluid contamination between surgeon and patient.

Wearing a cloth mask is about as effective as making your own mask out of chicken wire. You need an N-95 quality mask WORN CORRECTLY to have any effectiveness against Covid. But go ahead and wear your virtue signaling flags over your face. They do nothing.

Wearing a cloth mask is about as effective as making your own mask out of chicken wire.
Correct.
You need an N-95 quality mask WORN CORRECTLY to have any effectiveness against Covid.
While that is closer to what would be required, even that still wouldn't get the job done. That would filter out roughly 95% of particulate that is 0.3 microns and larger in diameter. Unfortunately, covid viruses (and even the associated fine aerosols) are only roughly 0.1 microns and smaller in diameter. 0.3 > 0.1 ... IOW, COVID will still penetrate the mask.
But go ahead and wear your virtue signaling flags over your face. They do nothing.
Correct.

Forum List

Back