Maryland school shooter committed suicide, wasn't shot by Resource officer....

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
This was just on our local news...

Sheriff: Great Mills School Shooter Died From Self-Inflicted Gunshot Wound

The teen accused of opening fire inside Great Mills High School last week shot himself in the head, officials said Monday. Authorities also announced the gunman’s moves were captured on surveillance video.

A new timeline from the St. Mary’s County Sheriff’s Office has revealed horrific details as the scene unfolded at Great Mills High School last week.

Students called 911 to report the shooting on March 20.

The sheriff’s office says 17-year-old Austin Rollins pulled into the parking lot around 7:50 a.m. Two minutes later, the teen walked through the school’s main entrance. Five minutes after that, investigators say the suspect found 16-year-old Jaelynn Willey in a hallway, approached and shot her in the head.

Just minutes later, Deputy 1st Class Blaine Gaskill confronted the shooter. Investigators say that’s when Rollins shot himself in the head. Gaskill simultaneously fired a shot that hit the gun that Rollins was holding.

Showing again that anti gunners do not know what they are talking about when it comes to stopping mass public shootings....the school shooter in the Maryland attack committed suicide as the school Resource Officer confronted him with a gun.

As we know from mass public shootings, the attackers commit suicide, surrender, or run away as soon as someone with a gun shows up to confront them....and that someone can be a civilian or a cop....which means arming and training some staff is an idea that will keep children safe in our schools...

Mass shooters are not interested in gun fights with police or armed civilians...they pick democrat gun free zones so that they can murder unarmed people without being shot in return....once confronted, they stop......that means armed/trained staff do not have to be Navy Seals or Delta Force operators to deal with them......

Of course, since safe kids are a detriment to the democrat anti gun policies, they don't want armed guards or staff in schools....

This shooter did not pick a gun free zone. Maybe they target schools because they are or were students there. Not because of guns.
Sounds to me like this one was a domestic violence episode and I wonder if he would have shot anyone else anyway. He was gunning for his ex girlfriend. The kid who got shot in the leg was probably just in the way.

Brave 'militia' members (civilians armed and ever-ready) could easily patrol with their legal weaponry that they love to talk about. Where are they? Is all their time taken up on blogs defending their fetish and talking tough?

just like I posted in the first place--the cop did not stop a mass shooting
he was not intent on doing a mass shooting
and the cop missed a kill shot
''he could've stopped a mass shooting'' doesn't count

Last edited:
This shooter did not pick a gun free zone. Maybe they target schools because they are or were students there. Not because of guns.
yes--they DON"T pick them because they are ''gun free''--they pick them because the shooter is school age/near school age/goes to the school/went to the school/has classmates or friends at the school

Sounds to me like this one was a domestic violence episode and I wonder if he would have shot anyone else anyway. He was gunning for his ex girlfriend. The kid who got shot in the leg was probably just in the way.
While I agree, you are minimizing the murder of the 16 year old daughter and sister to someone.

The armed officer still validates our point.

While I agree, you are minimizing the murder of the 16 year old daughter and sister to someone.

The armed officer still validates our point.
Oh, believe me, Angel, I'm not minimizing the murder of the 16 year old at ALL. You don't want to see me irl when it comes to domestic violence issues. If a school wants an armed security/resource officer, that's up to them. I have no problem with it, but it's not a magic charm, either. Not in a large school.

'Suicide by cop' is why Rollers inside schools will not suffice. Superego trumps superego in this scenario. The police (are [italics]) the symbol of the superego. If the shooter could not project violence to the outside, it directed it towards the inside, without another superego's assistance. 'To protect' is not only a subjective enterprise, it means that the State agent serves to protect material investments of the capitalist society, and the shooter's possessions would be his until the end.

#6: Due to the problematic of the first floor of any building, it may have windows broken on one side as a decoy for entry of a window elsewhere, completely bypassing a metal detector, screening, etc. After the Perpetrator reads in the media about enough cases whereby the shooter was trapped irreversibly inside the building due to activated partitions, they will either think twice or continue on their suicide mission. The point is, though, that the shooter once having entered, is not allowed to simply leave.

Forum List

Back