Martini Cadet .310

westwall

WHEN GUNS ARE BANNED ONLY THE RICH WILL HAVE GUNS
Gold Supporting Member
Apr 21, 2010
Nevada
Only it isn't. The seller at my local gun show thought that that is what it was so he had it priced accordingly. So, this was a very nice buy! MKIII in .303. Pretty uncommon.

Attachments

• DSC_0012.JPG
    DSC_0012.JPG
    275.9 KB · Views: 26
  • DSC_0013.JPG
    DSC_0013.JPG
    277.3 KB · Views: 28
  • DSC_0015.JPG
    DSC_0015.JPG
    159.6 KB · Views: 26
I sold a sub-caliber device (Morris aiming tube) for one of those a few months back. It was for the ones converted to .303....It used the weird little Morris .297/230 cartridge. .297/230 Morris - Wikipedia

DSCN8409__2__JPG-830392.JPG

I had a carbine some years ago much like yours condition-wise but the bore was trashed.....It had the same "sold out of service" markings, in fact I've never seen one that didn't.

I figured I'd get it relined but never did and traded towards a M1873 Winchester in .44-40. I did quite well on it.

I sold a sub-caliber device (Morris aiming tube) for one of those a few months back. It was for the ones converted to .303....It used the weird little Morris .297/230 cartridge. .297/230 Morris - Wikipedia

DSCN8409__2__JPG-830392.JPG

I had a carbine some years ago much like yours condition-wise but the bore was trashed.....It had the same "sold out of service" markings, in fact I've never seen one that didn't.

I figured I'd get it relined but never did and traded towards a M1873 Winchester in .44-40. I did quite well on it.

The bore on this one is actually quite good. To be honest I can't figure out why they got rid of it. It was issued to a NZ unit which I quite like.

The bore on this one is actually quite good. To be honest I can't figure out why they got rid of it. It was issued to a NZ unit which I quite like.
They simply surplused them off when they went to more modern arms. There was no real rhyme or reason.

I have a Brit contract Colt New Service in .455 Webley they sold out of service shortly after WW-1 which was far and away a better revolver than the MK VI Webley that they kept in service. It wasn't "brit" enough for them I guess.

They simply surplused them off when they went to more modern arms. There was no real rhyme or reason.

I have a Brit contract Colt New Service in .455 Webley they sold out of service shortly after WW-1 which was far and away a better revolver than the MK VI Webley that they kept in service. It wasn't "brit" enough for them I guess.

Yeah, that's a common problem for them. I have several Webley's, and I like them all because of their weirdness, but I prefer my Victory model as a weapon.

I'm down to one S&W Victory Model and a Colt Commando now.

The Victory Model is a US Navy marked one I got in a grouping of stuff from a vet that flew off the USS Lexington (CV-16).

DSCN0009__2__JPG-1423214.JPG

That's a nice example. Mine is from a Ploesti raider.

That's a nice example. Mine is from a Ploesti raider.
LOL....He had all kinds of odd stuff. He had this trench knife modified using a blade off a Robenson US Navy MK-1 blade attached to a handle of a LF&C trench knife. His name is stenciled on the back of the sheath. He had his name on everything.

Pretty neat really as he had one side of the guard removed so it would lay flat against the webbing of the sheath.

post-3301-1242568409.jpg

LOL....He had all kinds of odd stuff. He had this trench knife modified using a blade off a Robenson US Navy MK-1 blade attached to a handle of a LF&C trench knife. His name is stenciled on the back of the sheath. He had his name on everything.

Pretty neat really as he had one side of the guard removed so it would lay flat against the webbing of the sheath.

post-3301-1242568409.jpg

Yeah, that's pretty nice. I was able to buy his A2 flight jacket and other flight gear. His family wanted his medals and paperwork though.

That's a nice find man, Had a couple Martini, being a dealer they sometimes had to go, unfortunately.

Yeah, I am looking forward to cleaning it up and seeing how well she shoots. I have to make some round nose ammo though, she won't like the Spitzer bullets.

Forum List

Back