I love it when the stars align....1974 S&W Model 10-5 Snubby

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
I was at my LGS the other day and they had put out a 41 gun estate consignment and there were a bunch of accessories and empty handgun boxes that did not match anything.

I spied a S&W 10-5 box and it had a set of magnas in it along with a grip adaptor and paper.....I gave $20.00 for it and went home happy.

Fast forward to this morning and when I went in they said they had found the 10-5 2'' that went with the box.

I asked how much for the 10-5 and they went and got it. It was in excellent shape and the former owner had replaced the Magnas/adaptor with a set of the excellent Uncle Mikes combat grips.....Well happy days because I really like those grips on .357s.

Anyway I gave them $380 for the 10-5 so I have $400 in it, not a smoking deal but a very good one once the stars lined-up. ;)

w 001 (2).JPG

I was at my LGS the other day and they had put out a 41 gun estate consignment and there were a bunch of accessories and empty handgun boxes that did not match anything.

I spied a S&W 10-5 box and it had a set of magnas in it along with a grip adaptor and paper.....I gave $20.00 for it and went home happy.

Fast forward to this morning and when I went in they said they had found the 10-5 2'' that went with the box.

I asked how much for the 10-5 and they went and got it. It was in excellent shape and the former owner had replaced the Magnas/adaptor with a set of the excellent Uncle Mikes combat grips.....Well happy days because I really like those grips on .357s.

Anyway I gave them $380 for the 10-5 so I have $400 in it, not a smoking deal but a very good one once the stars lined-up. ;)

View attachment 603677
Why don't you sent it to me and I'll test it out for a few decades............

I just bought a Glock 26 Gen 5 today for about $550. I would be very tempted to swap you even. Actually I am still suffering buyers remorse, all I have ever carried are Colts and S&W. I think you got a very good deal.

I just bought a Glock 26 Gen 5 today for about $550. I would be very tempted to swap you even. Actually I am still suffering buyers remorse, all I have ever carried are Colts and S&W. I think you got a very good deal.
I feel your pain.....This is the 5th K-frame snubby I own and I have all manner of other carry guns both revolvers and pistols but I can't get away from my old 1970 Colt Cobra. It shoots and CCs so well.

Every now and again I'll drop my P-32 in a pocket if I need deep concealment.....I guess if I traveled much in the Dindu areas I'd go with a G-19 but I've not seen the need so far.

Forum List

Back