Martin Luther King Day 2020

Neither Content Nor Character: Resisting the Right-Wing Hijacking of MLK

Tim Wise

One thing can be said for conservatives: they are nothing if not consistent when it comes to the things they say about race in America.

This truism was driven home yet again recently when I found myself in a debate over affirmative action with such a person, who insisted that folks like me, by virtue of our support for the concept, had abandoned the vision of Martin Luther King Jr.

King, I was assured for what seemed like the 11,729th time would have opposed affirmative action — what my detractor called “racial preferences” — because he believed that people should be judged on the content of their character rather than the color of their skin.

Faced with yet another fool claiming to be the philosophical soul mate of a man his conservative forebears literally despised when he was alive, I weighed my options.

First, I thought of mentioning that King had endorsed the concept of affirmative action as early as 1961, upon returning from India where similar efforts had been instituted for the Dalit caste.

Or perhaps that he did so again in his 1963 book, Why We Can’t Wait — which apparently no conservatives have ever read — in which he noted:

“Whenever this issue of compensatory or preferential treatment for the Negro is raised, some of our friends recoil in horror. The Negro should be granted equality, they agree, but he should ask for nothing more. On the surface, this appears reasonable, but it is not realistic. For it is obvious that if a man enters the starting line of a race three hundred years after another man, the first would have to perform some incredible feat in order to catch up.”

Then I considered pulling up the video on my phone, which shows King shortly before he was murdered discussing the importance of actual financial compensation — reparations one might say — for black folks long denied opportunity even as the government facilitated the building up of white wealth.

Neither Content Nor Character: Resisting the Right-Wing Hijacking of MLK

racecard1-jpg.300777

Invented by whites and has been played by whites since at least:

March 26, 1790, the United States of America decided who could be a citizen of this country for the first time. This was a congressional decision named The Naturalization Act of 1790. The act states: “any alien, being a free white person,” could apply for citizenship, so long as he or she lived in the United States for at least two years, and in the state where the application was filed for at least a year. The new law also provided that “children of citizens of the United States that may be born … out of the limits of the United States shall be considered as natural born citizens.”

The race card, whites like thunk never leave home without it.

Now count the thousand threads in this section denigrating blacks by whites. When I look at whites like you I see a total absence of character and that's how white racists are seen by black people.

I agree IM2...Lets do that!

Lets take a gander thru the threads to see what fine upstanding citizens you are talking about (and don't forget jusse smolette).

CONTENT OF CHARACTER...hmmmmmmmmm...

blacks attack 5 yr. old girl on school bus

Blacks Killing Blacks!!!

Blacks Perpetuate Racism

324,000 U.S. Blacks killed by Blacks in 35 years.

Manufactured Racism by Blacks

Blacks Attack White People

WHY Are Blacks Having To Manufacture / Why Are Blacks MANUFACTURING 'Racism'?

10,865 Blacks Murdered By Other Blacks Between Trayvon Shooting And Zimmerman Verdict

ANOTHER hate crime by blacks
Lol! You proved my point for me. Whites have been killing whites in similar numbers. Annually black ares the ones most victimized in hate crime. By whites. You're boring. Same old white racist bullshit.
The most violent crimes on the street are not committed by whites

You do KNOW that using statistics that puts blacks in a poor light is absolutely RACIST.

You have no moral character.

You are a low life.

[Insert whatever other bullcrapp IM2 spews]

Shame on you....you should be willing to let Affirmative Action Failures (a.k.a. Obama) go unchallenged.

Wrong. Posting stats that are smaller than the stats on whites and making claims is racist and without moral character. Same with ignoring 243 years of white Affirmative Action failures. Washington Jefferson, Taney, Nixon, Trump, Lee Harvey Oswald, Tim McVeigh, the Unibomber, Limbaugh, Steve King, Paul Ryan, the Bush presidents...

How conservatives hijacked "colorblindness" and set civil rights back decades
MLK dreamed of a world where race doesn't divide us — not one where we pretend it doesn't exist

Ian Haney-Lopez
January 21, 2014

Why do so many whites respond to the dog whistle refrain that they, and not minorities, are today’s most likely victims of racial discrimination? Colorblindness helps to legitimate the substance of dog whistle complaints because it promotes understandings of race and racism that obscure discrimination against nonwhites and magnify the ostensible mistreatment of whites.

Today the dominant etiquette around race is colorblindness. It has a strong moral appeal, for it laudably envisions an ideal world in which race is no longer relevant to how we perceive or treat each other. It also has an intuitive practical appeal: to get beyond race, colorblindness urges, the best strategy is to immediately stop recognizing and talking about race. But it is especially as a strategy that colorblindness fails its liberal adherents. We cannot will ourselves to un-see something that we’ve already seen. In turn, refusing to talk about a powerful social reality doesn’t make that reality go away, but it does leave confused thinking unchallenged, in ourselves and in others.

How conservatives hijacked "colorblindness" and set civil rights back decades

The big story on MLK Neggra Day will not be the ass kissing of the commie Negro by the stupid Blacks and White Guilt pussies but the massive right to keep and bear arms demonstration in Virginia. Then of course you have the dominate news on the Democrat's Dirty Tricks fake partisan impeachment.

Combine that with many people celebrating Robert E, Lee's birthday and nobody is going to give a shit about the that asshole King.

MLKs legacy is done if those FBI tapes are real. They will have to change the name of a lot of streets and schools. It will be the biggest fall from grace in world history.

Now count the thousand threads in this section denigrating blacks by whites. When I look at whites like you I see a total absence of character and that's how white racists are seen by black people.

I agree IM2...Lets do that!

Lets take a gander thru the threads to see what fine upstanding citizens you are talking about (and don't forget jusse smolette).

CONTENT OF CHARACTER...hmmmmmmmmm...

blacks attack 5 yr. old girl on school bus

Blacks Killing Blacks!!!

Blacks Perpetuate Racism

324,000 U.S. Blacks killed by Blacks in 35 years.

Manufactured Racism by Blacks

Blacks Attack White People

WHY Are Blacks Having To Manufacture / Why Are Blacks MANUFACTURING 'Racism'?

10,865 Blacks Murdered By Other Blacks Between Trayvon Shooting And Zimmerman Verdict

ANOTHER hate crime by blacks
Lol! You proved my point for me. Whites have been killing whites in similar numbers. Annually black ares the ones most victimized in hate crime. By whites. You're boring. Same old white racist bullshit.

You do KNOW that using statistics that puts blacks in a poor light is absolutely RACIST.

You are a low life.

Shame on you....you should be willing to let Affirmative Action Failures (a.k.a. Obama) go unchallenged.

Wrong. Posting stats that are smaller than the stats on whites and making claims is racist and without moral character. Same with ignoring 243 years of white Affirmative Action failures. Washington Jefferson, Taney, Nixon, Trump, Lee Harvey Oswald, Tim McVeigh, the Unibomber, Limbaugh, Steve King, Paul Ryan, the Bush presidents...

You are the wrong one.

You are the one who appears bereft of moral character.

Keep it up.

Martin Luther King: Where do we go from Here

You are a low life.

You are the wrong one.

You are the one who appears bereft of moral character.

Keep it up.

I am the right one. My character is just fine. You know nothing about me and what you say is based on your not liking me pointing out and calling out white racism. For the last 40 years whites like you have created the perverted lie that our opposition to racism is racist because we are holding whites accountable to end their racism. Whites don't determine what our character should be. Especially racists such as you. Pull that beam out your eye son.

MLKs legacy is done if those FBI tapes are real. They will have to change the name of a lot of streets and schools. It will be the biggest fall from grace in world history.
We can change street names for all who have made mistakes then. We'll change all the streets named after the founders, we'll take down all monuments dedicate to slave owning and slave raping presidents, racist white supreme court justices and white leaders. We will then have to rename colleges and universities, campus buildings and we will have to make a new flag and change the national anthem. So I am fine with doing all those things. Are you?

" With all the struggle and all the achievements, we must face the fact, however, that the Negro still lives in the basement of the Great Society. He is still at the bottom, despite the few who have penetrated to slightly higher levels. Even where the door has been forced partially open, mobility for the Negro is still sharply restricted. There is often no bottom at which to start, and when there is there's almost no room at the top. In consequence, Negroes are still impoverished aliens in an affluent society. They are too poor even to rise with the society, too impoverished by the ages to be able to ascend by using their own resources. And the Negro did not do this himself; it was done to him."

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

"Where Do We Go From Here?," Address Delivered at the Eleventh Annual SCLC Convention

We can change street names for all who have made mistakes then. We'll change all the streets named after the founders, we'll take down all monuments dedicate to slave owning and slave raping presidents, racist white supreme court justices and white leaders. We will then have to rename colleges and universities, campus buildings and we will have to make a new flag and change the national anthem. So I am fine with doing all those things. Are you?
Thats already happening.

So the white double standard has been applied.

Martin Luther King Day 2020

Monday, January 20
(in 12 days)

The Reverend Doctor Martin Luther King fought against white racism. When he made his famous speech in 1963, he was saying that he wanted his kids to live in a world without white racism where they could be seen for the content of their character by WHITES, not that he was talking about some fictional society that ignores racism. We need to understand that almost every word he spoke was in opposition to white racism. We need to learn that he was asking whites to stop being racists and that whites start looking at blacks not for the color of their skin but that WHITES begin looking at us for the content of our character. He was not asking blacks to ignore white racism under the guise of some fake colorblind belief.

That was his dream. The end of white racism. But his life has been deconstructed by right wing racist whites to remake him into a mealy mouthed black conservative republican. When you discuss race in the various social media platforms or society in general, there is always somebody white who thinks they can tell you how what you say would not be approved by King because you are opposing white racism unapologetically and in no uncertain terms. King has been dead for over 50 years now and just like in almost every other matter of race relations; a certain part of the white community has amnesia about King.

Quoting MLK

In these next 12 days, I am going to present a cure for that amnesia.

Martin Luther King Jr. - 'Give Us the Ballot' Speech - May 17, 1957

So, your point is that MLK, should not be seen as someone fighting against something evil, but just for the selfish interests of him self and his people?

OK, I am willing to listen.

Mmm, does that mean he is not an American hero, as I, and all American school children were/are taught? Should we remove he statue from the Washington Mall?

View attachment 299066
"Come heeyah and gibs doktah kang sum lovin gur....foes I haves ta rapes ya!"

I wonder how many lil kangs he made? The world may never know...the extent of the raping.
Martin Luther King Jr ‘laughed as pastor friend raped woman in hotel and had affairs with 40 women’, FBI tapes claim
The expected debunked racist conspiracy theory. Now tell us about his communism.
When was it debunked? They cant even access those records for another few years, so how could it be debunked?
Despite the fact Trump is a serial womanizer -- I am sure you overlook that in favor of how much he appeases to your need to hate....

Despite MLK having affairs, people overlook that in favor of how much he did for the world....and that's the reason he will always be revered in a way your cult leader can only dream....because 20 years after this discussion -- we will still be celebrating the life of MLK...but we damn sure won't be celebrating the life of Trump in that same way...

and that is what pisses the closet racists off the most....

Oh yea, that is another victory of King....he stomped racists so effectively that now the dic suckers gotta go in the closet with their racism.....the victory of the Civil Rights era was that it was no longer acceptable by society to be blatantly racist....thanks to people like MLK

View attachment 299066

I wonder how many lil kangs he made? The world may never know...the extent of the raping.
Martin Luther King Jr ‘laughed as pastor friend raped woman in hotel and had affairs with 40 women’, FBI tapes claim
The expected debunked racist conspiracy theory. Now tell us about his communism.
When was it debunked? They cant even access those records for another few years, so how could it be debunked?
Despite the fact Trump is a serial womanizer -- I am sure you overlook that in favor of how much he appeases to your need to hate....

Despite MLK having affairs, people overlook that in favor of how much he did for the world....and that's the reason he will always be revered in a way your cult leader can only dream....because 20 years after this discussion -- we will still be celebrating the life of MLK...but we damn sure won't be celebrating the life of Trump in that same way...

Oh yea, that is another victory of King....he stomped racists so effectively that now the dic suckers gotta go in the closet with their racism.....the victory of the Civil Rights era was that it was no longer acceptable by society to be blatantly racist....thanks to people like MLK
If its proven that hes into rape, all that is out the window. No one will respect him and no one will bring his name up anymore for any reason. No one will reference his "i have a dream" speech ever again either.

View attachment 299066

If its proven that hes into rape, all that is out the window. No one will respect him and no one will bring his name up anymore for any reason. No one will reference his "i have a dream" speech ever again either.
No it's not. He'll be celebrated like he is now since we black folk know all about COINTELPRO and that faggot Hoovers racist obsession with bringing down King.

And when punks like you start talking, you will be reminded of the slave owning, slave raping "founders". Then we will petition for either a Malcolm X day, or Harriet Tubman day.

Last edited:
View attachment 299066

Trump's platform was trade and immigration. That you saw that and called it "hate" is just you being a lying race baiting asshole.

In these next 12 days, I am going to present a cure for that amnesia.

Don't say shit to me about morals punk.

Like I said, you don't have a clue.

Another white anecdotal story that proves nothing.

Now I understand this is a discussion/debate forum, but that is an example of how obtuse white racists are pertaining to ANY discussion of race.

It's no surprise that a little white fag like you wants to try discrediting him.

If King were alive today, people such as yourself would be calling him a black racist.

Because he damn sure wasn't talking about black racism.

Your daily repetition of lies does not change that.

Yes, white racism is the root cause.

When I look at whites like you I see a total absence of character and that's how white racists are seen by black people.

You are a racist.

That low self esteem is because of white racism. So you talk, but whites here don't really want to talk about race. They want to keep telling us how inferior we are.

You were already a racist.

Same old white racist bullshit.

you losers try using to shut black people up from talking about your continuing racism

I don't give a damn what your opinion of me is.

I'm not trying to stop your ignorant racist ass

White racism is the problem here and there is not one wrong thing about exposing it and speaking on it.

Kiss your own fat stank ass. Learn to wipe.

While whites have been doing all the getting, blacks have been paying taxes that whites got to develop their communities. When I talk about reparations, it is about taking the money we are owed and building the communities we should have had.

It's not about agreeing with me. It's about the fact that you are racists.

Posting stats that are smaller than the stats on whites and making claims is racist and without moral character

For the last 40 years whites like you have created the perverted lie that our opposition to racism is racist because we are holding whites accountable to end their racism

racist white supreme court justices and white leaders.

slave owning, slave raping "founders".

Happy MLK IM2....

~S~

Last edited:

Forum List

Back