Martin Bashir kicked out of MSNBC

I heard Bashir's groveling apology to Palin (although it was mostly a mea culpa by Bashir about how low he had sunk rhetorically).

I realize that I lack the ability to validly assess whether Bashir was being sincere. I do know it sounded sincere as far as it went.

I also recognize that his "resignation" is actually a "firing."

It's a start.

MSLSD owes Sarah Palin a WHOPPING and genuine apology.

It would be folly to hold one's breath, however.

Oh, MSNBC's nutter viewers will miss this douche bigtime. Bet on that. Yearning to defecate on someone for merely holding a different political view? Yikes! Nice job MSNBC. :cuckoo:

When somebody leaves a big time broadcast job, and it's not because some bigger broadcaster held out a carrot, you can bet the house he was fired. They can dress it up any way they want, even "to spend more time with my family" but I have no doubt Bashir was fired just as Glenn Beck was fired.

It's the way the business works. You don't create problems for your employer and then fix it by deciding they're not worth creating problems for.

Last edited:
I heard Bashir's groveling apology to Palin (although it was mostly a mea culpa by Bashir about how low he had sunk rhetorically).

I realize that I lack the ability to validly assess whether Bashir was being sincere. I do know it sounded sincere as far as it went.

It's a start.

I think that's what firing him is. Unless you believe that Bashir and all the other talking heads just read scripts from MSNBC corporate.

There is a differece between the commentator and the network. Should Fox Noise apologize to O'bama for calling him (through Beck) a racist? I don't think so.

It's a start.

I think that's what firing him is. Unless you believe that Bashir and all the other talking heads just read scripts from MSNBC corporate.

There is a differece between the commentator and the network. Should Fox Noise apologize to O'bama for calling him (through Beck) a racist? I don't think so.

when Fox called him a racist it was a hypothetical question because he did what a republican would be called a racist if they did the same

and what is that remark about him being black are you saying blacks cant be racist? you do know blacks polled saying blacks are more racist then whites

So libs expect people to apologize for speaking the truth?

Keep on believing - it's a thin line to total insanity without festering belief!

the truth has no meaning to a liberal. truth to them is an inconvenience it is always getting in their way

It's a start.

There is a difference between the commentator and the network. Should Fox Noise apologize to O'bama for calling him (through Beck) a racist? I don't think so.

when Fox called him a racist it was a hypothetical question because he did what a republican would be called a racist if they did the same

and what is that remark about him being black are you saying blacks cant be racist? you do know blacks polled saying blacks are more racist then whites

Is English your eighth language?

Let's start at the beginning: Fox didn't call him a racist, Glenn Beck did. That's the point; The Glenn Beck is responsible for that, not Fox. And no, it was not "hypothetical" and had nothing whatever to do with any Republican real or imagined. It was direct. But the point is it was Beck, not Fox.

Second, there is nothing anywhere in my post at all about anyone being black. Nobody anywhere. Where the fuck did you learn to read?

Ah, one less hypnotoad to worry about.

Nah, they have a new hypnoid everyday over at Fox.

What I like about the way women anchors are treated on MSNBC: They sit behind a desk, wear professional clothing and do not look like ex-runway models.

On Fox, the producers and Roger Ailes KNOW the material is thin propaganda. So they have their female anchors and contributors sitting on couches in skimpy, short dresses (see Elizabeth Hasselbeck), or with plunging necklines and all with hair and makeup only a stylist for beauty pageants can achieve.

Fox chooses eye candy for the majority of their viewers which are old white men who hope to get a woody while getting their "news".
Good thing you're a leftist crackpot, or someone might mistake you for a sexist pig.

War on women indeed.

It's a start.

The spin is that Bashir "resigned."

A Bashir firing would be expected to include the phrase FROM MSLSD, "you're fired."

And firing one asshole is not the same thing as apologizing to Palin in ANY event.

So, to summarize: you are flatly wrong.

Carry on.

It's a start.

A Bashir firing would be expected to include the phrase FROM MSLSD, "you're fired."

And firing one asshole is not the same thing as apologizing to Palin in ANY event.

Carry on.

No it isn't .... as the point sails over your head.

Point circles around for a second attempt:
MSNBC cannot "apologize" for Bashir, since MSNBC didn't make the statement. Only Bashir can apologize. Just as Fox Noise cannot apologize for Glenn Beck; only Beck can do that. What the company can do is discipline or fire him. Which they did.

So to summarize, what you have here is a fundamental attribution error of blanket generalization. Doesn't work.

Employer / employee. Know the difference.

As for "Bashir resigned voluntarily", for anyone who believes that I have some oceanfront property in Kansas...

Last edited:

Carry on.

MSNBC cannot "apologize" for Bashir, since MSNBC didn't make the statement. Only Bashir can apologize. Just as Fox Noise cannot apologize for Glenn Beck; only Beck can do that. What the company can do is discipline or fire him. Which they did.

So to summarize, what you have here is a fundamental attribution error of blanket generalization. Doesn't work.

As for "Bashir resigned voluntarily", for anyone who believes that I have some oceanfront property in Kansas...

A lecture from ploddo about missing the point is a treasure trove of irony!

In any event, as always, you remain flatly and entirely wrong, pugz.

If a reporter says some stupid shit on the air or in the print media, the company for whom that reporter works can indeed apologize. It happens often.

To claim otherwise (as you just did ) is both fully dishonest and quite stupid of you.

Carry on.

If a reporter says some stupid shit on the air or in the print media, the company for whom that reporter works can indeed apologize. It happens often.

To claim otherwise (as you just did ) is both fully dishonest and quite stupid of you.

By that logic, USMB should be apologizing for the drivel of lexicographical diarrhea that flows from your pen.

Don't think so.

The fact remains: Bashir makes the statement, not MSNBC. Beck makes the statement, not Fox. If the responsibility were with the employer, then it would not be necessary for the commentator to apologize at all, since in your world those people do not exist.
Are you saying Fox should be apologizing for Glenn Beck?

Last edited:

By that logic, USMB should be apologizing for the drivel of lexicographical diarrhea that flows from your pen.

Don't think so.

You shouldn't try to "think." It clearly is FAR above your pay grade.

Try to follow along, you idiot:

Neither you nor I am employed by UISMB.

You may disparage my posts, but USMB is not responsible for my thoughts or prose.

Your posts reveal you to be an abject idiot and a tool, but still USMB is not responsible for the unintelligent garbage you projectile-vomit into the ether.

Now, then, you asshole: if you WERE an employee of say MSLSD and said reprehensible shit about former first lady Nancy Reagan or about former Governor Palin, then BECAUSE MSLSD would be your employer, they WOULD owe the apology.

Damn but you are truly one stupid useless panty stain blood clot bitch.

Don't think so.

You shouldn't try to "think." It clearly is FAR above your pay grade.

Try to follow along, you idiot:

Neither you nor I am employed by UISMB.

You may disparage my posts, but USMB is not responsible for my thoughts or prose.

Your posts reveal you to be an abject idiot and a tool, but still USMB is not responsible for the unintelligent garbage you projectile-vomit into the ether.

Now, then, you asshole: if you WERE an employee of say MSLSD and said reprehensible shit about former first lady Nancy Reagan or about former Governor Palin, then BECAUSE MSLSD would be your employer, they WOULD owe the apology.

Damn but you are truly one stupid useless panty stain blood clot bitch.

Sore loser meltdown in progress.
Goes with being "Welsh" I guess... :lol:

crying-baby-300x300.jpg
Tissue?

Last edited:
No question that Bashir resigned.

There is NOBODY, absolutely nobody, at MSNBC with enough intelligence to have fired him.

Sorry but that just makes no sense.

"I fucked up, so now I'm going to leave this channel" -- ?

Bashir was fired, Beck was fired. It's very very common in broadcasting.

So this property I have in Kansas ... overlooks the Indian Ocean. You'll love it.

So this property I have in Kansas ... overlooks the Indian Ocean. You'll love it.

So how long have you worked for MSNBC?

Have you told your mother?

So how long have you worked for MSNBC?

Have you told your mother?

Never worked for MSNBC but I have worked in broadcasting, about 25 years. It's how the business works.

You?

Forum List

Back