Markets might drop by 50%?

There will be a 50%+ stock market correction by the end of 2015.

And please, DON'T take that to the bank.

Don't worry I won't be taking any of your "wisdom" to any bank.

From 2011:

The stock market has been doomed to collapse for a long time now. What has happened over the last few days is NOTHING compared to what is going to happen in the next few months.

Anybody who has a 401K or Roth IRA or is otherwise invested in the U.S. stock market needs to cut their losses and bail out NOW, before it's too late.

In our history, Markets have increased by 50% many more times than they have decreased 50%

I was hoping the pump and dumpers who host CNBC would drive it down more. I still have some limit orders open that did not take. :mad:

S&P 500 broke 2000 for the first time today

Still waiting on that 50% Market crash

S&P 500 broke 2000 for the first time today

Still waiting on that 50% Market crash

Markets are still waiting for the Fed-R to stop it's never ending stimulus.... This last hit was oddly just as the Fed-R said they were going to tapper, then they didn't and markets went back up.... Just like the time before, and again before that.

One day Obama will have to stop giving the bankers money to flaot this fake economy where the rich get richer and the poor get poorer RW.

Markets are still waiting for the Fed-R to stop it's never ending stimulus....
I'm not sure they are, the stock market tends to have known future events priced into it before they happen and everyone knows the stimulus, which has already been greatly reduced in scale, is going to end in October. I think worldwide volatility and the related perception of US economic stability is floating the market more than anything.

If I had to wager I'd bet we'll have a correction of at least 10% before the end of the year, then again I've been saying that for sometime and haven't been right yet so what the fuck do I know.

Markets are still waiting for the Fed-R to stop it's never ending stimulus....
I'm not sure they are, the stock market tends to have known future events priced into it before they happen and everyone knows the stimulus, which has already been greatly reduced in scale, is going to end in October. I think worldwide volatility and the related perception of US economic stability is floating the market more than anything.

If I had to wager I'd bet we'll have a correction of at least 10% before the end of the year, then again I've been saying that for sometime and haven't been right yet so what the fuck do I know.
The Fed-R did one single cut in stimulus spending and it was tiny... The whole stimulus thing should have ended by now according to the Fed-R's projection and claims yet here it is almost just as big as it has ever been. So you can pretend all day long that in a month or 2 the stimulus will end but if they were scared to tapper at 10 billion a month I doubt they will tapper 35 billion a month for 2 months or 70 billion in 1 month.

Nope, it has been reducing the monthly purchases by $10 billion per month.

This time will be $25 billion, then October will be the final one at $15 billion.

Early Risers

Speculation is never practical, but more and more analysts are suggesting that this is the time to consider investment strategies that focus on 'long-term valuation prediction models.'

For example, current widespread dialogue surrounding eco-activism and renewable energy research makes it profitable to invest early in the environment/energy sector.

Looking at the wavy market (since 2006 really), bubbling concerns about real estate opportunities and crashes should catalyze more table talk about real estate development. There's no reason to constantly investigate this sector from the back-end.

In fact, eco-friendly themed condominium communities are being planned and managed by motivated developers.

To inject money into a rise-and-fall market, you have to move like a surfer.

:arrow:

Wind farm - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Silver_Surfer_NES_box.jpg

The climb in P/E's is more related to equity than revenue. Some stocks will see maybe a 10-20% adjustment, but on balance, the market as a whole is functioning, just not in a way that dividend hawks are used to.

Perhaps but unlikely. 50% corrections are very rare. I think there have only ever been three.

More likely, we will have a 20% to 30% correction and substandard returns over the next decade.

But maybe I'm wrong. I like GMO.

I could go along with that (20-30%) I would lean more toward 30% however.
Myself, I will continue to hold out of the markets until a significant correction happens. The market is obviously over valued, but certainly not like pre-housing bubble.
The question for me, and everyone else I suppose, is will the correction occur rapidly...or will we several falls with no growth over several years. My bets would be a sudden decline. Since the main investment firms and banks know they will will make money no matter what. All thanks to our governments willingness to give them our money, and subsidize them even when times are good.
The banks and investment firms can't make money with no growth, the bubble mentality is doing them very well. So it will continue.

Forum List

Back