Mark Judge’s book validates Christine Blasey Ford’s timeline of the alleged Kavanaugh assault

If you previously had any doubts about the veracity of Ms. Ford's claim, does this change anything?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 85.7%
  • I'm still undecided

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
I find this new information very interesting. When I heard of Judge's continued insistence that he doesn't recall the incident in question I figured it was just due to his friendship to Kavanaugh (the guy code to back each other no matter what) but then I figured maybe he didn't want the publicity. If he's written a book about his drinking problem back in school then not wanting the publicity would not exactly make sense, however if what he's attempting to avoid is saying anything under oath that can be disputed or contradicted through his own word, such as in this book, that makes more sense to me.

Analysis | Mark Judge’s book validates Christine Blasey Ford’s timeline of the alleged Kavanaugh assault

During her testimony Thursday morning, Christine Blasey Ford offered one piece of information that she felt could narrow down the time frame of the alleged incident in which she says she was assaulted by Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh at a gathering at a house in Maryland when they were in high school.

She described having seen Kavanaugh’s classmate Mark Judge — who she alleges was in the room when the attack occurred — shortly after the alleged incident.

“I did see Mark Judge once at the Potomac Village Safeway after the time of the attack,” she said, “and it would be helpful with anyone’s resources if — to figure out when he worked there if people are wanting more details from me about when the attack occurred. If we could find out when he worked there, then I could provide a more detailed timeline about when the attack occurred.”

Responding to questions from Sen. Richard J. Durbin (D-Ill.), she gave more details about that alleged encounter.

“I was going to the Potomac Village Safeway, this is the one on the corner of Falls and River Road,” she said. “And I was with my mother and I was a teenager, so I wanted her to go in one door and me the other. I chose the wrong door because the door I chose was the one where Mark Judge — it looked like he was working there and arranging the shopping carts.”

“I said hello to him, and his face was white and very uncomfortable saying hello back,” she continued. “And we had previously been friendly at the times that we saw each other over the previous two years. . . . I wouldn’t characterize him as not friendly, he was just nervous and not really wanting to speak with me. He looked a little bit ill.”

“How long did this occur after the incident?” Durbin asked.

“I would estimate six to eight weeks,” she replied.

To Sen. Amy Klobuchar (D-Minn.), Ford offered some ways in which the time frame of Judge’s employment might be ascertained by the committee: perhaps “through employment records or the IRS or anything,” she said.

There’s a better source, as it turns out: Judge’s book, “Wasted: Tales of a Gen X Drunk,” published in 1997.​
What from his book gives us a better timeline?? You only gave fords testimony, but cited nothing from the book. Does he mention he had a short stint at the Safeway, was it his job pretty much throughout high school? What does the book actually say?

Her story of visiting the Safeway was the first thing to convince me that she was flat out lying. Didn't want to be seen with her mother at the grocery store? really?
Do you have teenagers? Do you spend any tike with real teenagers?
Yeah that grocery store was no doubt the cool place to hang where no one would expect to find you with your parents. :eusa_snooty: Let's see, she supposedly had gone through a life changing trauma just weeks before and yet her biggest concern was that she might be seen with Mom? Most people traumatized in such fashion tend to stick close to other people after such an event.

Her story of visiting the Safeway was the first thing to convince me that she was flat out lying. Didn't want to be seen with her mother at the grocery store? really?
Yeah that grocery store was no doubt the cool place to hang where no one would expect to find you with your parents. :eusa_snooty: Let's see, she supposedly had gone through a life changing trauma just weeks before and yet her biggest concern was that she might be seen with Mom? Most people traumatized in such fashion tend to stick close to other people after such an event.
I’ve worked with trauma victims for years; I’m guessing you never have or you’d never make such an erroneous statement.

Here’s a hint: The rate of divorce in marriages where one or both partners is a PTSD sufferer is very high. The rate of PTSD among juvenile delinquents and/or teens with social and familial difficulties is very high. Trauma damages relationship skills, which is why so many trauma victims struggle with intimacy for years if not lifetimes following the trauma. This includes children relating to parents when a trauma, especially one that isn’t shared, lurks under the surface.

Please, educate yourself. Be a friend to trauma victims.

I’ve worked with trauma victims for years; I’m guessing you never have or you’d never make such an erroneous statement.

Here’s a hint: The rate of divorce in marriages where one or both partners is a PTSD sufferer is very high. The rate of PTSD among juvenile delinquents and/or teens with social and familial difficulties is very high. Trauma damages relationship skills, which is why so many trauma victims struggle with intimacy for years if not lifetimes following the trauma. This includes children relating to parents when a trauma, especially one that isn’t shared, lurks under the surface.

Please, educate yourself. Be a friend to trauma victims.
sure. when i know it's real.

that's what the dems are counting on - shaming those who'd DARE question the "victim".

What from his book gives us a better timeline?? You only gave fords testimony, but cited nothing from the book. Does he mention he had a short stint at the Safeway, was it his job pretty much throughout high school? What does the book actually say?
The information you're requesting is available via the story hyperlink

In one passage, beginning on Page 92, Judge describes his time working at a grocery store in the context of his drinking problem. Emphasis added.

It was the summer before senior year, and by now, even though I wasn’t drinking every day, I was completely hooked. Going a week without getting drunk was unthinkable. I was spending between four and seven nights with the gang, either at a party or at O’Rourke’s.​

Elsewhere in the book, Judge describes one of his acquaintances at the time, someone named “Bart O’Kavanaugh,” who vomited in a car after a party.

Judge continues. Emphasis again added.

Of course, alcoholics also get into all kinds of trouble because of their drinking. When they supersede their own tolerance, they suffer catastrophic hangovers. These can make getting through the day an Olympic event. This was never more evident to me than when, to raise money for football camp, I spent a few weeks working as a bag boy at the local supermarket.

My job was simple. People would leave their grocery baskets against a rail in front of the store, then pull their cars around. I would then sling their groceries in the car, sometimes get a small tip, and then wait for the next car.

It was a nightmare. Invariably I would be hungover — or still drunk — when I got to work at seven in the morning, and I spent most of the first hour just trying to hold myself together.

[snipped]

Judge’s book also might help explain why he looked ill the morning she says she saw him.
He may have looked ill because in his own words he was often hung over or still drunk when working at the grocery store.

Do you have teenagers? Do you spend any time with real teenagers?

We have three and none of them do that when we go to a grocery store. That BS her and her mother used separate entrances is laughable

Anyone else notice she is always alone when something happpens? How convenient

I find this new information very interesting. When I heard of Judge's continued insistence that he doesn't recall the incident in question I figured it was just due to his friendship to Kavanaugh (the guy code to back each other no matter what) but then I figured maybe he didn't want the publicity. If he's written a book about his drinking problem back in school then not wanting the publicity would not exactly make sense, however if what he's attempting to avoid is saying anything under oath that can be disputed or contradicted through his own word, such as in this book, that makes more sense to me.

Analysis | Mark Judge’s book validates Christine Blasey Ford’s timeline of the alleged Kavanaugh assault

During her testimony Thursday morning, Christine Blasey Ford offered one piece of information that she felt could narrow down the time frame of the alleged incident in which she says she was assaulted by Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh at a gathering at a house in Maryland when they were in high school.

She described having seen Kavanaugh’s classmate Mark Judge — who she alleges was in the room when the attack occurred — shortly after the alleged incident.

“I did see Mark Judge once at the Potomac Village Safeway after the time of the attack,” she said, “and it would be helpful with anyone’s resources if — to figure out when he worked there if people are wanting more details from me about when the attack occurred. If we could find out when he worked there, then I could provide a more detailed timeline about when the attack occurred.”

Responding to questions from Sen. Richard J. Durbin (D-Ill.), she gave more details about that alleged encounter.

“I was going to the Potomac Village Safeway, this is the one on the corner of Falls and River Road,” she said. “And I was with my mother and I was a teenager, so I wanted her to go in one door and me the other. I chose the wrong door because the door I chose was the one where Mark Judge — it looked like he was working there and arranging the shopping carts.”

“I said hello to him, and his face was white and very uncomfortable saying hello back,” she continued. “And we had previously been friendly at the times that we saw each other over the previous two years. . . . I wouldn’t characterize him as not friendly, he was just nervous and not really wanting to speak with me. He looked a little bit ill.”

To Sen. Amy Klobuchar (D-Minn.), Ford offered some ways in which the time frame of Judge’s employment might be ascertained by the committee: perhaps “through employment records or the IRS or anything,” she said.

There’s a better source, as it turns out: Judge’s book, “Wasted: Tales of a Gen X Drunk,” published in 1997.​
What assault would that be? At the moment, we have a work of fiction.

Do you have teenagers? Do you spend any time with real teenagers?

Yeah, actually, I have one.

Most teenagers would specifically STAY HOME. They wouldn't even bother going to run errands with their parrents.

I believe there is a reason she went with her mom to the market, because she KNEW he was there. I think this whole incident stems from the fact that she was nursing a crush on Mark.

The incident at the party stems from this as well.

Just my suspicion. I believe this is why she made the gamble that he would back her up.

I think it was his friend, Mark Judge that rejected her. I'm willing to bet there was some horse play and taunting about Brett's manhood that set Brett to do something stupid as drunk teens are wont, and he didn't read the queues correctly. It probably had to do with HER flirting with Mark.

Brett was an awkward and dumb youth, he had a pattern, it wasn't malice though. I saw a copy of her yearbook. I believe they are both misinterpreting, well, Brett is outright denying the night happened. I think she thought Mark would back her up given his attitude toward D.C., but he probably sees the truth, and thinks they are both being juvenile and political. Drunken keggers of high school kids should not screw up the careers 35 years later when a stupid boy doesn't understand a girls teasing when they are all super drunk. I'll bet, in a drunken flirt when she compared Brett unflattering to Mark in an stupid attempt to entice Mark, Brett acted impulsively and stupidly and was stopped, it seems, by Mark.

My curiosity about the whole hearing is, there was never a question of what happened or transpired, what was said, just prior to the incident. After all, it was a party. It just, everything before and after is just, "a fog." Making it appear the onus of all responsibility is all Kavanaugh's. Remember, we a judging the actions of drunk inexperienced teens by adult standards now.

None the less, the lack of candor? Nope, we don't need that on the SCOTUS.

All of these individuals were not telling the whole truth about the "love triangle" or crush triangle that was probably going on then. However, it made enough of an impression on one of them to write a book about it.

That is just my suspicion given Ford's seeming obsession with Mark. My belief is it was Mark she wanted all along.

It's why none of this was reported back in the day. Her real trauma was that she had the wrong boy react, and she was still obsessed with him after this all occurred. Just one possibly scenario.

It was a party with a girls machination to get what she wanted. Why was she alone in that room with them and what was she doing? What was her motive and what did she say and do? I want answers to what made drunk teens act the way they did. . . Boys and girls are both dumb and do dumb things when loaded, and I will not judge them through the lens of adult standards.

From 'Believe All Victims' to 'Who Cares If It’s True,' the Brett Kavanaugh Accusation Has Produced Shameful Certainty

Last edited:
In one passage, beginning on Page 92, Judge describes his time working at a grocery store in the context of his drinking problem. Emphasis added.

It was the summer before senior year, and by now, even though I wasn’t drinking every day, I was completely hooked. Going a week without getting drunk was unthinkable. I was spending between four and seven nights with the gang, either at a party or at O’Rourke’s.​
Elsewhere in the book, Judge describes one of his acquaintances at the time, someone named “Bart O’Kavanaugh,” who vomited in a car after a party.

Of course, alcoholics also get into all kinds of trouble because of their drinking. When they supersede their own tolerance, they suffer catastrophic hangovers. These can make getting through the day an Olympic event. This was never more evident to me than when, to raise money for football camp, I spent a few weeks working as a bag boy at the local supermarket.

My job was simple. People would leave their grocery baskets against a rail in front of the store, then pull their cars around. I would then sling their groceries in the car, sometimes get a small tip, and then wait for the next car.

It was a nightmare. Invariably I would be hungover — or still drunk — when I got to work at seven in the morning, and I spent most of the first hour just trying to hold myself together.
[snipped]

Judge’s book also might help explain why he looked ill the morning she says she saw him.​
He may have looked ill because in his own words he was often hung over or still drunk when working at the grocery store.
And she might have read his book before she fabricated her story.

I thought the thread is about the Mark Judge book & Ford's testimony.

There are a LOT of no content & troll posts here; what is going on?

Sorry to see the butchery of the thread.

When I stated that Ford’s testimony was (in contrast with Kavanaugh’s) completely uncorroborated, I was corrected by a millennial who said, “Her testimony is corroborated by her MEMORY.” :-((( I wonder what she will think when she’s old enough to have 36 year-old memories.

[snipped]

Judge’s book also might help explain why he looked ill the morning she says she saw him.​
Ford implies that his face got white as a ghost because he saw her and was scared because of what happened. So she’s not too good at reading body language.

[snipped]

It also doesn’t validate a timeline, because there is no timeline outside of it happened when she was 15. It doesn’t say how long judge worked there.

[snipped]

It also doesn’t validate a timeline, because there is no timeline outside of it happened when she was 15. It doesn’t say how long judge worked there.

In the Mark Judge book Wasted, Judge claims to have started drinking alcohol at age 14. The stated purpose of Judges' employment was to pay for football camp. That would have taken a very brief period of time; mere weeks, possibly one, maybe two months. How many 14, or 15 year old kids will be drunks & work a job more than a few days, or a couple weeks, particularly in that time frame? The FBI can obtain the time frame Judge worked at the Safeway. Not an issue.

Ford implies that his face got white as a ghost because he saw her and was scared because of what happened. So she’s not too good at reading body language.
The reason for him turning white and looking ill when she ran into him could be due to due to him being rattled by her appearance, him being hung over or still drunk as he claims was often the case when he arrived at work at 7:00 a.m. or it could be both.

The point of the article though is so many people are bashing Ford because she's unable to pinpoint the exact date, time & location of the event. Judge's own words in his book gives some credence to the scenario she outlined. I believe "choir boy" was how Kavanaugh was originally representing himself and I heard on World News Tonight that he made the statement that he "drank beer" sometimes "more than he should have" and that he's done things that when he looks back on them makes him "cringe". That's a very different portrayal than his original one.

A 15 year old girl not being able to correctly ascertain the source of why he was looking pale and ill is not exactly a fail in reading body language.

All that proves is she probably read the book.

Mark Judge’s book validates Christine Blasey Ford’s timeline of the alleged Kavanaugh assault

I'm sure the FBI is on top of that.

DoRVSj2XcAITM5C.jpg

All that proves is she probably read the book.
If she read the book and was creating a false narrative, don't you think she could have fleshed out her story a bit more to make it more believable? There had to have been tons of tidbits that she could have used to make her story more solid, believable and irrefutable if that was the case.

Forum List

Back