Marines leaving Iraq!!!!!

Beg to differ dear lady....I do in fact represent the Armed Services as I served an honorable 20 years. What have you done for your country other than take up space and contribute to global warming?

You served 20 years and you didn't know not all Ready Reservists don't Drill? ROTFL!!!!!!!!!!! Your arrogant head rises sky high again because it doesn't matter how many years you served. You don't represent the Armed Services. Show some fucking respect for others who have and are Serving.

You already admitted you made an error in that post...please continue to be as dishonest as you can.

and I served....what have you done for your country....hint: NOTHING.

I really want to wait till the end of Chilcot before I comment more, but so far,it would appear so far that Lord Goldsmith the Attorney General at the time,up till 2 months before the invasion, advised Bush and Blair that without a specific UN resolution the Invasion of Iraq would be illegal under International Law, at the time and to this day, the then most senior lawyer in the Foreign office stated without the resolution the Invasion would be illegal. 168 cross party Members of Parliament (conservatives, liberals, labour ect) place a rebel amendment to stop the invasion as they also thought that it was illegal.

I doubt that the US would have invaded if the UK had not joined in.

It is for Goldsmiths conscience, as to why after months of warning Blair, he changed his mind suddenly after a visit to the US, two months before the invasion.

I wonder what really changed his mind in America, perhaps you water-boarded him .

May I ask you Patek, as you seem to think International law is irrelevant in this case, why did your top lawyer work so hard to convert Goldsmith?

International law IS IN FACT, irrelevant when it comes to the power placed in the President of the United States and the Prime Minister of Great Britain or any country for that matter. International law CANNOT be allowed to trump the power of the head of governments or the sovereignty of any Nation when it comes to national security issues. That's the bottom line.... and thats why there is a clause in ANY international treaty signed by the U.S.A. that specifically addresses this fact. We aren't Europeans who capitulate, we are Americans, an independent nation and a free people who look out for #1.

Patek is guilty of hypocrisy on the International law issue. He will say it doesn't matter and does not apply only to follow that up by claiming international law is what made the invasion legal.

International law DID allow the invasion of Iraq...you're either too stupid to see it...or...just too ashamed that you've gotten your fat ass handed to you daily here for 2 weeks.

Last edited:
Patek is guilty of hypocrisy on the International law issue. He will say it doesn't matter and does not apply only to follow that up by claiming international law is what made the invasion legal.

International DID allow the invasion of Iraq...you're either too stupid to see it...or...just too ashamed that you've gotten your fat ass handed to you daily here for 2 weeks.

I told you he /she/it was stupid.

International law DID allow the invasion of Iraq...you're either too stupid to see it...or...just too ashamed that you've gotten your fat ass handed to you daily here for 2 weeks.

So are you still coming to Boston? You seem to keep accidentally forgetting you said you'd be here in a couple of weeks and you said your itinerary has not changed. So roughly what date do you plan on being here?

International DID allow the invasion of Iraq...you're either too stupid to see it...or...just too ashamed that you've gotten your fat ass handed to you daily here for 2 weeks.

I told you he /she/it was stupid.

I'm smart enough to put so much fear into your heart you can't handle responding to my posts yet you talk about me consistently.

I really want to wait till the end of Chilcot before I comment more, but so far,it would appear so far that Lord Goldsmith the Attorney General at the time,up till 2 months before the invasion, advised Bush and Blair that without a specific UN resolution the Invasion of Iraq would be illegal under International Law, at the time and to this day, the then most senior lawyer in the Foreign office stated without the resolution the Invasion would be illegal. 168 cross party Members of Parliament (conservatives, liberals, labour ect) place a rebel amendment to stop the invasion as they also thought that it was illegal.

It is for Goldsmiths conscience, as to why after months of warning Blair, he changed his mind suddenly after a visit to the US, two months before the invasion.

I wonder what really changed his mind in America, perhaps you water-boarded him .

May I ask you Patek, as you seem to think International law is irrelevant in this case, why did your top lawyer work so hard to convert Goldsmith?

International law IS IN FACT, irrelevant when it comes to the power placed in the President of the United States and the Prime Minister of Great Britain or any country for that matter. International law CANNOT be allowed to trump the power of the head of governments or the sovereignty of any Nation when it comes to national security issues. That's the bottom line.... and thats why there is a clause in ANY international treaty signed by the U.S.A. that specifically addresses this fact. We aren't Europeans who capitulate, we are Americans, an independent nation and a free people who look out for #1.

This is a decent example of how it could be argued Nationalism is a mental disease.

So are you still coming to Boston? You seem to keep accidentally forgetting you said you'd be here in a couple of weeks and you said your itinerary has not changed. So roughly what date do you plan on being here?

Why are you so concerned with my arrival in your fair city? You have something planned?

This is a decent example of how it could be argued Nationalism is a mental disease.

and people like you are a perfect example of how Neville Chamberlain allowed the entire world to be plunged into war and subsequently responsible for the deaths of 80 million people.

and people like you are a perfect example of how Neville Chamberlain allowed the entire world to be plunged into war and subsequently responsible for the deaths of 80 million people.

Lol

Why are you so concerned with my arrival in your fair city? You have something planned?

Good grief. Stop being a crybaby. For the what....6th time. I said if you are ever in Boston let me know and I would be happy to buy you a beer. You responded and said you'd see me in about three weeks. Now you keep avoiding it. Seems like you're scared out of your fucking mind. No doubt it is your guilty conscience wreaking havoc. It was a friendly invite for a free beer. Maybe you should think about the tough guy persona you portray because when reality hits it is quite clear you're nothing but a scared little child.

then again I ask, why did Bush and his legal advisors work so hard to convert Goldsmith if international law did not matter?

I think you should read about the Chilcot inquiry on the BBC news site, both the US and Uk relied on the advise of their legal teams, those teams(taking into consideration Goldsmiths sudden change of mind) stated it was, this like the false intelligence about WMD's ect created a fall back position( we acted on the best advise at the time), Blair stated yesterday he had no regrets, that he had to make a decision even if this advise was right or wrong.

A BBC correspondent stated he had never seen Blair look so scared since 16yrs prior when he stood for election for the leadership of the Labour Party, I voted for John Prescott as the lesser of three evils.

Ps it was one of my duties as a Senior constituency party member, to interview prospective candidates, one of Blair's speech writers and advisor's applied, we had a very interesting "off the record conversation" about Iraq.

I would add one comment about advise, Bush was interviewed by the BBC at that time.

He was asked did he ask his father for advice on how to deal with Saddam, Bush looked up to the ceiling and stated no, a higher father gives me advise.

I was watching this in a pub with colleagues before a Labour party meeting, there was silence, then someone said, the fucking nutter, the most powerful man in the world, gets advice from voices in his head.

yeah...as long as it's anti-Bush you Europeans sure had a good time trashing him and blaming all the world's problems on the U.S. for the last decade but when you guys are on your knees facing annihilation....who do you come running to?

I could care less about all of these "inquiries" and if you notice.....there will be NO prosecutions based on what the outcomes of these are.

Good grief. Stop being a crybaby. For the what....6th time. I said if you are ever in Boston let me know and I would be happy to buy you a beer. You responded and said you'd see me in about three weeks. Now you keep avoiding it. Seems like you're scared out of your fucking mind. No doubt it is your guilty conscience wreaking havoc. It was a friendly invite for a free beer. Maybe you should think about the tough guy persona you portray because when reality hits it is quite clear you're nothing but a scared little child.

You got your argument shot down in flames so now you choose the personal attack...figures...you've lost any credibility you have with people here and they rep you because they feel sorry for you......and yes I'll be in Boston in about 3 weeks. Looking forward to that beer you now owe me.

yeah...as long as it's anti-Bush you Europeans sure had a good time trashing him and blaming all the world's problems on the U.S. for the last decade but when you guys are on your knees facing annihilation....who do you come running to?

I could care less about all of these "inquiries" and if you notice.....there will be NO prosecutions based on what the outcomes of these are.
Fine, I have bad teeth as well, but I will ask the same question for the third time, why if international law is so un-important to your goverment did they spend time and effort in converting Lord Goldsmith:eusa_angel:

I love the US and its people, well the 51% who voted for your wonderful President Obama:eusa_angel:

Ahhh the dreaded big prick rhetoric syndrome, a stunning post :clap2:

You got your argument shot down in flames so now you choose the personal attack...figures...you've lost any credibility you have with people here and they rep you because they feel sorry for you......and yes I'll be in Boston in about 3 weeks. Looking forward to that beer you now owe me.

You actually think you speak for all other USMB members? Lol! Do you have to do that shit to bring your illusions full circle?

You actually ignored what lawyers said based on the claim they are all anti war. It's that kind of childish garbage that makes you so pathetic. You said you'd be in Boston in 3 weeks about a week ago. So now will you keep dancing and keep saying three weeks?

You actually think you speak for all other USMB members? Lol! Do you have to do that shit to bring your illusions full circle?

You actually ignored what lawyers said based on the claim they are all anti war. It's that kind of childish garbage that makes you so pathetic. You said you'd be in Boston in 3 weeks about a week ago. So now will you keep dancing and keep saying three weeks?

Forum List

Back