Obama doesn't want to disturb terrorists at night in Afghanistan

CMike

Zionist, proud to be
Oct 25, 2009
Okay Obama, this is really stupid.

So as not to upset anyone, Obama doesn't want terrorists disturbed at night in Afghanistan.

AP Exclusive US to tighten rules on Afghan raids - Road Runner

US to tighten rules on Afghan raids
Published - Jan 21 2010 06:06PM EST

KABUL— NATO forces in Afghanistan are preparing to limit night raids on private homes, even if it means losing some tactical advantage, to curb rising public anger.

NATO spokesman Rear Adm. Gregory Smith told The Associated Press in an exclusive interview that a directive would be issued soon to set down the new rules.

Nighttime raids on private homes have emerged as the Afghans' No. 1 complaint after Gen. Stanley McChrystal limited the use of airstrikes and other weaponry last year. The U.S. and allied nations have made protecting the population a priority over the use of massive firepower as they seek to undermine support for the Taliban.

"It addresses the issue that's probably the most socially irritating thing that we do _ and that is entering people's homes at night," Smith said Wednesday at his office in Kabul. He would not elaborate pending a formal announcement.

The U.S.-led force has become increasingly sensitive to complaints by Afghan civilians as part of a renewed effort to win support among the public and lure people away from the Taliban. Night operations risk offending Afghan sensitivity about men entering homes where women are sleeping.

So then what will they complain about? Their milk man is late? I'm getting more and more disgusted with the Afghan government, and her people.

Was smoking allowed aboard the enterprise?

So as not to upset anyone, Obama doesn't want terrorists disturbed at night in Afghanistan.

KABUL— NATO forces in Afghanistan are preparing to limit night raids on private homes, even if it means losing some tactical advantage, to curb rising public anger.

NATO spokesman Rear Adm. Gregory Smith told The Associated Press in an exclusive interview that a directive would be issued soon to set down the new rules.

Nighttime raids on private homes have emerged as the Afghans' No. 1 complaint after Gen. Stanley McChrystal limited the use of airstrikes and other weaponry last year. The U.S. and allied nations have made protecting the population a priority over the use of massive firepower as they seek to undermine support for the Taliban.

"It addresses the issue that's probably the most socially irritating thing that we do _ and that is entering people's homes at night," Smith said Wednesday at his office in Kabul. He would not elaborate pending a formal announcement.

The U.S.-led force has become increasingly sensitive to complaints by Afghan civilians as part of a renewed effort to win support among the public and lure people away from the Taliban. Night operations risk offending Afghan sensitivity about men entering homes where women are sleeping.

Obama has effectively tied our soldier's hands behind their backs.

Well, this could be considered torture by Obama.

After all, terrorists need their beauty sleep too.

It would be most mean for american forces to disturb them out of sound sleep and arrest them.

Oh my gosh.....is that all it takes for Obama to change his procedures/diplomacy? Hell let us all complain about his agenda so he changes that as well:eusa_angel:

ohhhh wait a minute I guess he only listens when it is another nation complaining :cuckoo:

Yes I remember when he limited air support last year for the ground troops...the place blew up in violence and more soldiers killed and wounded whilst bombers sat on the tarmac.

Raids can and will continue at night. Just no more "general" sweeps that do nothing more then wake up and piss off Afghans sleeping. Now one must have more REAL information for a raid then, "well we haven't run one today yet have we?".

An Occupation is a balancing act, one must not so piss off the local population that it refuses to cooperate or no matter HOW MANY TROOPS you have you will fail your mission.

I am sure the MILITARY wants the ability to raid anytime it wants to but that want has to be coupled with the requirements and the effects of that decision and the mission.

Raids can and will continue at night. Just no more "general" sweeps that do nothing more then wake up and piss off Afghans sleeping. Now one must have more REAL information for a raid then, "well we haven't run one today yet have we?".

An Occupation is a balancing act, one must not so piss off the local population that it refuses to cooperate or no matter HOW MANY TROOPS you have you will fail your mission.

I am sure the MILITARY wants the ability to raid anytime it wants to but that want has to be coupled with the requirements and the effects of that decision and the mission.

Where does it say in the article that it only refers to general sweeps?

Regardless it takes away another weapon that obviously has had some success.

Now tie your left arm to your right ankle and continue to march.

If we allowed our military to do it's job this whole mess might be over.

Yeah, right......just like Bush Jr. "allowed" them to do their job when he was in office.

Yeah, right......just like Bush Jr. "allowed" them to do their job when he was in office.

Did I say he did? We haven't allowed our military to do their job completely since perhaps WW2, or possibly Korea. I certainly don't remember not having rules of engagement that limited operations.

Didn't we already do this in a place called Vietnam? Talk about history repeating itself!

Is this guy the absolute hands down dumbest president we have ever had or what? I bet his checker board only has two pieces.

Give the enemy all the time in the world to rearm, modify their tactics for the next days attacks, and kill more US troops and others.
Glad he wasn't around during WWII, we would have lost everything, the west coast would be Japanese, and the east coast German, and Florida Italian.

Each day another reason to impeach this dork. :eek:

Is this guy the absolute hands down dumbest president we have ever had or what? I bet his checker board only has two pieces.

Give the enemy all the time in the world to rearm, modify their tactics for the next days attacks, and kill more US troops and others.
Glad he wasn't around during WWII, we would have lost everything, the west coast would be Japanese, and the east coast German, and Florida Italian.

No, you're not looking at it correctly. Only a small percentage are Taliban or AQ, the majority of the people are simply looking for peace and a chance to live.

If you break down the doors at night, interrupting the sleep of the locals, they will eventually get pissed off enough to go join AQ or the Taliban, resulting in a net gain for them.

Leave 'em alone and just patrol looking for stuff? Best way of doing it. Matter of fact, that is kinda how they calmed down Ramallah and some of those other places. Instead of coming out in the morning and going back at night? They started to live out in the town.

Net result? The Taliban went away, because now they knew that the US would protect them from the terrorists.

Do it your way? Result is a lot of deaths and resentment.

By the way douchebag Fake Reeker, did you ever serve or were you just a college boy who decided to opt out on his country?

No, you're not looking at it correctly. Only a small percentage are Taliban or AQ, the majority of the people are simply looking for peace and a chance to live.

If you break down the doors at night, interrupting the sleep of the locals, they will eventually get pissed off enough to go join AQ or the Taliban, resulting in a net gain for them.

Leave 'em alone and just patrol looking for stuff? Best way of doing it. Matter of fact, that is kinda how they calmed down Ramallah and some of those other places. Instead of coming out in the morning and going back at night? They started to live out in the town.

Net result? The Taliban went away, because now they knew that the US would protect them from the terrorists.

Do it your way? Result is a lot of deaths and resentment.

By the way douchebag Fake Reeker, did you ever serve or were you just a college boy who decided to opt out on his country?

AbikerSailor are YOU calling me a douchebag fake reeker and a 'college boy who decided to opt out on his country? I would hope your not making that mistake.

I'm not making that mistake fuckwad, I'm asking if your stupid ass ever served. If so, where, and were you front lines or a fucking REMF?

Inquiring minds wanna know, because obviously, you've never been much of a tactician.

Ever read Sun-Tzu's Art of War?

New Topics

Forum List

Back