Marijuana

With legalization of soft drugs, the number of accidents dramatically increased, including cases with children. Also, number of crimes committed in inadequate state increases.
Based on the statistic: sale of so-called "medical marijuana" remained stable, whereas the level of implementation of "recreational drugs" (which not used for medical reasons, and for fun or because of the resulting dependence) continues to grow. Number of "dependent" smokers in Colorado exceeds the level of all over the country (semi-annual turnover was in this state of 130 tonnes of cannabis). According to the study, 487 thousand. Persons over 21 years - it is about 9% of the state's population - use cannabis at least once a month
View attachment 31001

Only 9 percent of the population in Colorado is over the age of 21?

What is that state, just one big day care center?

Having said that, since you can't get your population statistics right, I'd be willing to bet the rest of your post is bullshit as well.

At a time when smoking legal tobacco products is becoming more restrictive they want to make it legal to inhale a noxious weed that makes you stupid as well as gives you lung cancer.

Interestingly enough, studies have been done by several medical groups concerning this very issue.

Know what they found? If you smoked cigarettes only, you were 21 times more likely to get lung cancer than a person who didn't smoke at all.

If you smoked cannabis only, you were 0.93 to 0.75 percent as likely to develop lung cancer than someone who didn't smoke at all.

And..............fwiw..................alcohol can make a person MUCH stupider than cannabis ever will.

Additionally, drink enough alcohol for a long enough time, and you can become physically dependent on it. You can't become physically addicted to cannabis.

And.............before you pull out the psychological addiction card, remember that people become psychologically addicted to shopping, gambling, other people (it's called co-dependency), video games, etc. Remember when the Blackberry came out and people started calling it "Crackberry" because there were so many who had one that couldn't do without it. Same thing now with smart phones.

With legalization of soft drugs, the number of accidents dramatically increased, including cases with children. Also, number of crimes committed in inadequate state increases.
Based on the statistic: sale of so-called "medical marijuana" remained stable, whereas the level of implementation of "recreational drugs" (which not used for medical reasons, and for fun or because of the resulting dependence) continues to grow. Number of "dependent" smokers in Colorado exceeds the level of all over the country (semi-annual turnover was in this state of 130 tonnes of cannabis). According to the study, 487 thousand. Persons over 21 years - it is about 9% of the state's population - use cannabis at least once a month
View attachment 31001

I'm an ex-smoker (smoked for many years) and a Coloradan. Today's pot can't really be considered "soft drugs" anymore. It's far more potent than the stuff we got in days gone by. I can't speak for anyone else but I can attest to the fact that I DID grow dependent upon pot and I can also testify to the fact that I made a lot more mistakes while high than I did otherwise. We hear news stories pretty often around here of kids (and adults) actually overdosing on pot edibles.

I sell some products to one of Denver's biggest pot growers and I know the owner (an instant multi-millionaire). He tells me that the stuff they grow is "one-hit" stuff and that smoking too much more than that can cause hallucinations and acute paranoia in some cases. He strongly recommends smoking in very small quantities. I appreciated his candor and honesty. He wants to keep his business legitimate and legal so as to not give it a bad name.

Last edited:
At a time when smoking legal tobacco products is becoming more restrictive they want to make it legal to inhale a noxious weed that makes you stupid as well as gives you lung cancer.

Interestingly enough, studies have been done by several medical groups concerning this very issue.

Know what they found? If you smoked cigarettes only, you were 21 times more likely to get lung cancer than a person who didn't smoke at all.

If you smoked cannabis only, you were 0.93 to 0.75 percent as likely to develop lung cancer than someone who didn't smoke at all.

And..............fwiw..................alcohol can make a person MUCH stupider than cannabis ever will.

Additionally, drink enough alcohol for a long enough time, and you can become physically dependent on it. You can't become physically addicted to cannabis.

And.............before you pull out the psychological addiction card, remember that people become psychologically addicted to shopping, gambling, other people (it's called co-dependency), video games, etc. Remember when the Blackberry came out and people started calling it "Crackberry" because there were so many who had one that couldn't do without it. Same thing now with smart phones.

To say nothing of alcohol makes people aggressive and violent, whereas cannabis makes people mellow and crave junkfood. :)

Plus, you can die on the spot drinking too much alcohol. Last I heard there's no toxic level for THC. Might freak out a bit but that's all.

View attachment 31001

I'm an ex-smoker (smoked for many years) and a Coloradan. Today's pot can't really be considered "soft drugs" anymore. It's far more potent than the stuff we got in days gone by. I can't speak for anyone else but I can attest to the fact that I DID grow dependent upon pot and I can also testify to the fact that I made a lot more mistakes while high than I did otherwise. We hear news stories pretty often around here of kids (and adults) actually overdosing on pot edibles.

I sell some products to one of Denver's biggest pot growers and I know the owner (an instant multi-millionaire). He tells me that the stuff they grow is "one-hit" stuff and that smoking too much more than that can cause hallucinations and acute paranoia in some cases. He strongly recommends smoking in very small quantities. I appreciated his candor and honesty. He wants to keep his business legitimate and legal so as to not give it a bad name.

If you were dependent on cannabis, then it was a psychological dependence, not a physical one. Cannabis has been proven by many medical societies to be not physically addictive.

But...........like I said further up, people can become psychologically dependent on almost anything.

By the way.................did you ever consider that the current crops we grow today are better and "stronger" (in that they have a higher yield) than crops even 100 years ago?

Alcohol is far more harmful than marijuana.

To say nothing of alcohol makes people aggressive and violent, whereas cannabis makes people mellow and crave junkfood. :)

Plus, you can die on the spot drinking too much alcohol. Last I heard there's no toxic level for THC. Might freak out a bit but that's all.

You are correct. I worked at a biker bar here in Amarillo, and people would sneak out back and smoke marijuana on a regular basis. Some of them didn't even drink, they just came to grab a burger, hang out and smoke a little cannabis.

Those that drank? Yep...............they could get rather aggressive on a regular basis.

Those that smoked cannabis and drank? Believe it or not, they were less aggressive than those who only drank.

Those that only smoked? Best customers to have. Not only were they polite and nice, but they left pretty decent tips when I cooked food for them.

And, you're also right about people dying from too much alcohol. I've seen news stories and heard of people who were either (a) in college, or (b) out for their 21st birthday who ended up in the hospital with alcohol poisoning. In several cases, it was the first time they drank anything.

First time I tried cannabis? Got a bit disoriented, my bed was spinning a bit and I was light headed, but a couple of hours later, I was pretty much good to go.

View attachment 31001

If you were dependent on cannabis, then it was a psychological dependence, not a physical one. Cannabis has been proven by many medical societies to be not physically addictive.

But...........like I said further up, people can become psychologically dependent on almost anything.

By the way.................did you ever consider that the current crops we grow today are better and "stronger" (in that they have a higher yield) than crops even 100 years ago?

It was a dependence. My body liked it as well as my mind. I agree that alcohol is likely more dangerous but that's not a good reason to smoke pot.

It was a dependence. My body liked it as well as my mind. I agree that alcohol is likely more dangerous but that's not a good reason to smoke pot.

Can you describe the physical symptoms that you suffered when you quit smoking?

when you stopped did you experience any of these symptoms?...

Sweating
Racing heart
Palpitations
Muscle tension
Tightness in the chest
Difficulty breathing
Tremor
Nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea.....

First hand knowledge of the beneficial use of marijuana for relief of nausea and pain in cancer patients leads me to believe it should at least be decriminalized. Complete understanding of taxation and potential state revenues leads me to believe it should be legalized. Complete understanding of the cash cow it represents to the lawyers and law enforcement entities currently involved in the 'war on drugs' and the defense of 'being-high crimes and misdemeanors' makes me understand that neither is likely to happen.:cuckoo:

First hand knowledge of the beneficial use of marijuana for relief of nausea and pain in cancer patients leads me to believe it should at least be decriminalized. Complete understanding of taxation and potential state revenues leads me to believe it should be legalized. Complete understanding of the cash cow it represents to the lawyers and law enforcement entities currently involved in the 'war on drugs' and the defense of 'being-high crimes and misdemeanors' makes me understand that neither is likely to happen.:cuckoo:

Believe it or not, its happening as we speak. Many states are reforming their marijuana laws to allow medicinal use or to lower the penalties of having it.

The advantages outweigh the disadvantages imo. Like alcohol, people who can't handle it should stay away from it, but the benefits of using marijuana should not be denied to those who choose to use it because some people have addictive personalities. If we did that with everything else, there would be no alcohol, no pain killers, no junk food. The list goes on.

Certainly nothing as drastic as a heroin withdrawal but since I was also a heavy drinker at the time and I quit reefer before I quit drinking (daily) I can't really remember what I felt physically or emotionally. I was a "black out" drinker. I can tell you about the physical symptoms of alcohol withdrawal but that's another subject. Nevertheless, even to this day (almost 30 years later) I get an occasional urge to smoke a joint. I won't, though, because I have an addictive nature.

The advantages outweigh the disadvantages imo. Like alcohol, people who can't handle it should stay away from it, but the benefits of using marijuana should not be denied to those who choose to use it because some people have addictive personalities. If we did that with everything else, there would be no alcohol, no pain killers, no junk food. The list goes on.

It's been my experience that folks who smoke pot are generally dumbasses while high. None of us were able to carry on an intelligent conversation and when we got high at work we would all stand around with our thumbs up our butts until the initial buzz wore off. But ... perhaps that a benefit to some folks -- who's to say for sure.

it may as well be legal in my State.....unless you have a lot of it or are blowing the smoke in the cops faces not a hell of a lot is done to you for a small amount out here.....

View attachment 31001

This and voting are the two things the far left does not want any regulations on.

Things that make you go Hummmm....

Certainly nothing as drastic as a heroin withdrawal but since I was also a heavy drinker at the time and I quit reefer before I quit drinking (daily) I can't really remember what I felt physically or emotionally. I was a "black out" drinker. I can tell you about the physical symptoms of alcohol withdrawal but that's another subject. Nevertheless, even to this day (almost 30 years later) I get an occasional urge to smoke a joint. I won't, though, because I have an addictive nature.

By your own admission, you were a "black out" drinker (i.e. meaning very heavy usage), and would have suffered withdrawal from quitting alcohol.

Also................considering that you were still drinking when you quit smoking cannabis, you probably wouldn't remember if you had any symptoms or not.

Medical science has proven the FACT that there is no physical addiction to marijuana.

Oh............btw..................the reason I asked about your symptoms (and provided my reply to your post) is because for the last 8 years I served in the U.S. Navy before I retired, I was a DAPA (Drug and Alcohol Program Advisor).

Additionally, maybe the reason that you still want a joint every now and again is more psychological (because you've quit a long time ago) than physical.

You admitted yourself that you have an addictive personality.

It only takes common sense to realize the more smoke of any kind you inhale on a regular basis, the greater the chance of lung cancer, instead of relying on a single study.

Whether you support marijuana or not, it does not make sense to downplay the health effects.

Heavy pot smoking boosts lung cancer risk six-fold

Fri, February 8, 2008

NEW YORK (Reuters Health) - Smoking a joint a day is just as bad for you as smoking a pack of cigarettes a day, a study from New Zealand indicates.

Smoking a joint a day for one year boosted the likelihood of developing lung cancer by 8 percent, Dr. Richard Beasley of the Medical Research Institute of New Zealand in Wellington and colleagues found, while cigarette smokers' risk increased by 7 percent for every year that they smoked a pack a day. The heaviest pot smokers were at nearly six-fold greater risk of lung cancer compared to people who didn't smoke marijuana.

Can marijuana cause cancer?
Marijuana smoke has been found to contain more cancer-causing agents than is found in tobacco smoke. Examination of human lung tissue that had been exposed to marijuana smoke over a long period of time in a laboratory showed cellular changes called metaplasia that are considered precancerous. In laboratory test, the tars from marijuana smoke have produced tumors when applied to animal skin. These studies suggest that it is likely that marijuana may cause cancer if used for a number of years.

Fact Sheet - MARIJUANA

Heavy marijuana smoking may double risk of lung cancer, Canadian study finds | National Post

Relatively heavy smoking of marijuana may as much as double the risk of someone contracting lung cancer, suggests a new, Canadian-led study that adds nuance to the debates over medical marijuana and outright legalization.

August 18, 1998

WASHINGTON (CNN)-- In the first study of its kind, researchers found that smokers of marijuana and crack cocaine show the same kinds of precancerous conditions caused by smoking tobacco. ...

Dr. Sanford Barsky, co-author of the study and a member of the University of California, Los Angeles' Jonnson Comprehensive Cancer Center, said he was not surprised by the findings. He said any substance that is inhaled, regardless of chemical makeup, releases carcinogens into the lungs and throat.

CNN - Study finds smoking marijuana and cocaine can cause cancer

Also, pot is usually smoked without a filter giving the full impact of the smoke on the lungs, while holding it in makes the impact still greater.

Forum List

Back