Marijuana

At a time when smoking legal tobacco products is becoming more restrictive they want to make it legal to inhale a noxious weed that makes you stupid as well as gives you lung cancer.

Interestingly enough, studies have been done by several medical groups concerning this very issue.

Know what they found? If you smoked cigarettes only, you were 21 times more likely to get lung cancer than a person who didn't smoke at all.

If you smoked cannabis only, you were 0.93 to 0.75 percent as likely to develop lung cancer than someone who didn't smoke at all.

It only takes common sense to realize the more smoke of any kind you inhale on a regular basis, the greater the chance of lung cancer, instead of relying on a single study.

Whether you support marijuana or not, it does not make sense to downplay the health effects.

Heavy pot smoking boosts lung cancer risk six-fold

Fact Sheet - MARIJUANA

Heavy marijuana smoking may double risk of lung cancer, Canadian study finds | National Post

Relatively heavy smoking of marijuana may as much as double the risk of someone contracting lung cancer, suggests a new, Canadian-led study that adds nuance to the debates over medical marijuana and outright legalization.

August 18, 1998

WASHINGTON (CNN)-- In the first study of its kind, researchers found that smokers of marijuana and crack cocaine show the same kinds of precancerous conditions caused by smoking tobacco. ...

Dr. Sanford Barsky, co-author of the study and a member of the University of California, Los Angeles' Jonnson Comprehensive Cancer Center, said he was not surprised by the findings. He said any substance that is inhaled, regardless of chemical makeup, releases carcinogens into the lungs and throat.

CNN - Study finds smoking marijuana and cocaine can cause cancer

Also, pot is usually smoked without a filter giving the full impact of the smoke on the lungs, while holding it in makes the impact still greater.

The possibility of getting lung cancer only comes from smoking marijuana. There are much healthier ways of ingesting marijuana (vaporize, edibles, oil, etc). Marijuana itself is not the culprit of lung cancer, just inhaling the carcinogens from burnt plant matter when you light it on fire to smoke it.

With legalization of soft drugs, the number of accidents dramatically increased, including cases with children. Also, number of crimes committed in inadequate state increases.
Based on the statistic: sale of so-called "medical marijuana" remained stable, whereas the level of implementation of "recreational drugs" (which not used for medical reasons, and for fun or because of the resulting dependence) continues to grow. Number of "dependent" smokers in Colorado exceeds the level of all over the country (semi-annual turnover was in this state of 130 tonnes of cannabis). According to the study, 487 thousand. Persons over 21 years - it is about 9% of the state's population - use cannabis at least once a month
View attachment 31001

This and voting are the two things the far left does not want any regulations on.

Things that make you go Hummmm....

We want regulations on corporations voting via buying influence with politicians though. Things that make republicans go nooooooooo.

Interestingly enough, studies have been done by several medical groups concerning this very issue.

Know what they found? If you smoked cigarettes only, you were 21 times more likely to get lung cancer than a person who didn't smoke at all.

If you smoked cannabis only, you were 0.93 to 0.75 percent as likely to develop lung cancer than someone who didn't smoke at all.

It only takes common sense to realize the more smoke of any kind you inhale on a regular basis, the greater the chance of lung cancer, instead of relying on a single study.

Whether you support marijuana or not, it does not make sense to downplay the health effects.

Heavy pot smoking boosts lung cancer risk six-fold

Fact Sheet - MARIJUANA

Heavy marijuana smoking may double risk of lung cancer, Canadian study finds | National Post

August 18, 1998

WASHINGTON (CNN)-- In the first study of its kind, researchers found that smokers of marijuana and crack cocaine show the same kinds of precancerous conditions caused by smoking tobacco. ...

Dr. Sanford Barsky, co-author of the study and a member of the University of California, Los Angeles' Jonnson Comprehensive Cancer Center, said he was not surprised by the findings. He said any substance that is inhaled, regardless of chemical makeup, releases carcinogens into the lungs and throat.

CNN - Study finds smoking marijuana and cocaine can cause cancer

Also, pot is usually smoked without a filter giving the full impact of the smoke on the lungs, while holding it in makes the impact still greater.

The possibility of getting lung cancer only comes from smoking marijuana. There are much healthier ways of ingesting marijuana (vaporize, edibles, oil, etc). Marijuana itself is not the culprit of lung cancer, just inhaling the carcinogens from burnt plant matter when you light it on fire to smoke it.

Agreed.

Edibles have there own...........issues, particularly for the uninitiated.

Gobbling down a 75 mg chocolate bar, then waiting a couple of hours, THEN DRIVING HOME is NOT a good idea.

With legalization of soft drugs, the number of accidents dramatically increased, including cases with children. Also, number of crimes committed in inadequate state increases.
Based on the statistic: sale of so-called "medical marijuana" remained stable, whereas the level of implementation of "recreational drugs" (which not used for medical reasons, and for fun or because of the resulting dependence) continues to grow. Number of "dependent" smokers in Colorado exceeds the level of all over the country (semi-annual turnover was in this state of 130 tonnes of cannabis). According to the study, 487 thousand. Persons over 21 years - it is about 9% of the state's population - use cannabis at least once a month
View attachment 31001

Grass is wonderful, if you have a real medical need or happen to be a fucking idiot that can't cope with the real world.

The advantages outweigh the disadvantages imo. Like alcohol, people who can't handle it should stay away from it, but the benefits of using marijuana should not be denied to those who choose to use it because some people have addictive personalities. If we did that with everything else, there would be no alcohol, no pain killers, no junk food. The list goes on.

It's been my experience that folks who smoke pot are generally dumbasses while high. None of us were able to carry on an intelligent conversation and when we got high at work we would all stand around with our thumbs up our butts until the initial buzz wore off. But ... perhaps that a benefit to some folks -- who's to say for sure.
Obviously you should exercise good judgment if you're going to use it. You shouldn't go to work stoned any more than you should go to work drunk but they don't make alcohol illegal because some people are irresponsible with it.

It is expected that over 80% of Florida voters will vote for medical marijuana in November.

I've been addicted to hydrocodone for years due to chronic pain.Getting rid of those dangerous pills and getting better pain relief thru marijuana will be a blessing.

Won't be able to afford the medical marijuana, so caregiver hubby will have to grow and provide my pain medicine.

Good thing his ancestors were farmers, huh.

It will be so good not to have to worry about the pain pills anymore.

Regards from Rosie

It is expected that over 80% of Florida voters will vote for medical marijuana in November.

I have absolutely no issue with medical use, as long as a doctor prescribes it.
If you allow medical use without a doctor's say so, you open the gates for every stoner to claim a bad back.

What's an inadequate state? :dunno:

Very good question.

Visit Colorado, and I'll show you how to find out.

I've become something of an expert in dosing THC.

My brother just got back from there. He started describing the store they entered... "the most amazing thing I've ever seen...". LOL

Did he buy anything?

They're always very careful to check ID's and I've always wondered about restrictions on out-of-state purchases.

Very good question.

Visit Colorado, and I'll show you how to find out.

I've become something of an expert in dosing THC.

My brother just got back from there. He started describing the store they entered... "the most amazing thing I've ever seen...". LOL

Did he buy anything?

They're always very careful to check ID's and I've always wondered about restrictions on out-of-state purchases.

He may have. I cut him off "let's talk about this when I see you, rather than over the telephone". I was paranoid.

But I didn't inhale :thup:.

I've been addicted to hydrocodone for years due to chronic pain.Getting rid of those dangerous pills and getting better pain relief thru marijuana will be a blessing.

Won't be able to afford the medical marijuana, so caregiver hubby will have to grow and provide my pain medicine.

Regards from Rosie

Sorry to hear of your chronic pain, must be terrible to cope with.
Does one have to smoke the marijuana to get pain relief, or are there marijuana pills, and/or powder etc that can be added to food?

Regards from Rosie

Sorry to hear of your chronic pain, must be terrible to cope with.
Does one have to smoke the marijuana to get pain relief, or are there marijuana pills, and/or powder etc that can be added to food?

There are already classes springing up for would-be suppliers. It is expected that the product will be available as buds, oils, edibles and probably other ways, too.

As it is now, there is always a large quotient of daily pain because doctors do not want to overmedicate.....so they end up giving much less. I know I am not the only one held to low dose treatment - there are hundreds of thousands of us.

One advantage of medical marijuana is the ability to provide one's own and dose to the level of good relief.

I am looking forward to being able to get nearer to how it was to live before I came down with Lupus.

The thing with pain is that pain drugs ALL goes to pain with nothing left over for being "high". I expect the same to be the case with marijuana.

Regards from Rosie

Considering the medical benefits that cannabis (aka marijuana) has been proven with, I'm still wondering why that particular substance is classified as a Class I type substance?

Class I means that not only is it addictive (marijuana is not considered in any way physically addictive), but it also means that there is no medicinal value to the substance at all.

Marijuana is a plant. It has been proven to be medicinally productive, as well as has been proven to be non addictive (in the physical sense), so why is it still Schedule I?

And yeah...............it can be addictive in the psychically sense, but then again, so can shopping, gambling, co-dependent relationships, etc.

Considering the medical benefits that cannabis (aka marijuana) has been proven with, I'm still wondering why that particular substance is classified as a Class I type substance?

Class I means that not only is it addictive (marijuana is not considered in any way physically addictive), but it also means that there is no medicinal value to the substance at all.

Marijuana is a plant. It has been proven to be medicinally productive, as well as has been proven to be non addictive (in the physical sense), so why is it still Schedule I?

And yeah...............it can be addictive in the psychically sense, but then again, so can shopping, gambling, co-dependent relationships, etc.

"psychically sense?"

You mean paranormal manifestations? Gambling with Ghosts? Shopping with Spirits? Co-dependence with Casper?

:lol:

I love the internets.

View attachment 31001

Stoner.

View attachment 31001

That is why marijuana is a gateway drug. Yes, it is fun, but most people are not satisfied with only that fun and search for other highs especially cocaine and ecstasy.

Forum List

Back