Marijuana - Wasted Potential

One thing which I am close to and I take into consideration when considering this is the military. The military is the most regulated and disciplined sector of our society, yet, we cannot control not just the disease of addiction, but, the progression to more potent substances as the person digs in deeper and deeper.

It often begins with the casual beverage, smoke and toke of pot or hash, onto more numbing and more potent escape substances. What makes anyone believe that we can fair any better with marijuana being part of main stream society?

Possible? Yes! Probable? No! ........ I think we dig ourselves in deeper.

As we hope for our adult society to be able to choose for themselves and to be responsible when entertaining themselves or medicating themselves, the odds as history shows us, are stacked heavily against us.

Mike

People who have the personlity to go out searching for a bigger high all the time dont need pot to start on. Alchohol or any other legal mind altering substance will do. We need to legalize pot. Get it over with.

Now I am not a user but how much money do we need to spend on enforcement of pot laws. The war on pot is lost. Take the market out of the hands of people who kill and destroy.

The government can protect us from itself and protect us from each other but it can not protect us from ourselves.

One thing which I am close to and I take into consideration when considering this is the military. The military is the most regulated and disciplined sector of our society, yet, we cannot control not just the disease of addiction, but, the progression to more potent substances as the person digs in deeper and deeper.

It often begins with the casual beverage, smoke and toke of pot or hash, onto more numbing and more potent escape substances. What makes anyone believe that we can fair any better with marijuana being part of main stream society?

Possible? Yes! Probable? No! ........ I think we dig ourselves in deeper.

As we hope for our adult society to be able to choose for themselves and to be responsible when entertaining themselves or medicating themselves, the odds as history shows us, are stacked heavily against us.

Mike

People who have the personlity to go out searching for a bigger high all the time dont need pot to start on. Alchohol or any other legal mind altering substance will do. We need to legalize pot. Get it over with.

Now I am not a user but how much money do we need to spend on enforcement of pot laws. The war on pot is lost. Take the market out of the hands of people who kill and destroy.

The government can protect us from itself and protect us from each other but it can not protect us from ourselves.

Exactly, pot gets a bad rep and the moniker of the 'start to drug abuse' because it's such a light drug. If pot didn't exist some other drug would take it's place in that category, like alcohol.

It's stupid that it is illegal. I don't even think we should monkey with the "medical marijuania" canard. Just legalize it.

Medical marijuania is stupid. If we where serious about it we would find all the compounds that make it up and use those to help aleviate pain and increase appetite in people. The medical part was just a run around a stupid series of laws.

It's stupid that it is illegal. I don't even think we should monkey with the "medical marijuania" canard. Just legalize it.

Medical marijuania is stupid. If we where serious about it we would find all the compounds that make it up and use those to help aleviate pain and increase appetite in people. The medical part was just a run around a stupid series of laws.

I agree. They did try with marinol to do that, but it didn't work as well. I think evidence of it's stupidity is the fact that people are getting MJ scripts for about every pathology under the sun.

It was supposed to be the great supportive treatment for chemo and HAART (which it is) and patient's with terminal illnesses.

Now people are getting it for fibromyalgia. It's just a joke.

It's annoying enough dealing with the narcotics seekers.

If we wanted to do something about a drug thats harmful we would do more to stop presciption narcotics abuse. It has destroyed the community I live in.

Hillbilly heroin is the biggest drug problem America doesn't know it has.

It's going to get a lot worse. As most prescription narcs are cut with 350-500 mg of acetaminophen there are going to be a lot of Americans with liver failure.

Big money in being a GI doc in the future.

Is there something on there about how many people are serving time in jail for JUST possession of marijuana?
There SHOULD be people doing-time for STUPIDITY!!!!!

"Nationally, someone dies from an unintentional drug overdose — driven in large part by prescription drug abuse — on average every 19 minutes. What would America look like if we had just as many people using marijuana as we currently have smoking cigarettes, abusing alcohol, and abusing prescription drugs?"

898.gif

"conservative"-Logic!

eusa_doh.gif

if you have a thread to post, post it. this necromancy stuff is really annoying.

If we wanted to do something about a drug thats harmful we would do more to stop presciption narcotics abuse. It has destroyed the community I live in.

It's going to get a lot worse. As most prescription narcs are cut with 350-500 mg of acetaminophen there are going to be a lot of Americans with liver failure.

there are a lot of issues on which this country can't shake it's puritanical roots. so they'd rather ignore violence and censure sex and/or drugs.

silly and absurd, imo.

i didn't realize that they cut those drugs with acetaminophen.

why would they do that?

there are a lot of issues on which this country can't shake it's puritanical roots. so they'd rather ignore violence and censure sex and/or drugs.

silly and absurd, imo.

why would they do that?

Although the inclusion of acetaminophen in the combination pain-killers is intended in part to deter abuse of mild opioids, ironically, for some pain patients it's the ingredient that proves more dangerous.

FDA Cuts Acetaminophen Dose In Opioid Painkillers – TIME Healthland

silly and absurd, imo.

why would they do that?

To add another level of pain killer to the medicine I always thought.

Tylenol is toxic in high doses so as they snort the pills they are killing themselves twice acetominophen overdose and narcotics overdose.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. You're the only person I've ever met that thinks the same way I do about this whole "gateway substance" nonsense.

I smoked more pot in high school than I care to, or am able to, remember. Yet I never had the smallest urge to ever try anything harder. I know other people who have smoked pot for decades, and have never tried anything harder.

"Gateway" is a personality type, not a substance.

A medical marijuana shop's offer of free pot in exchange for registering to vote appears to have gone up in smoke.

Free pot in exchange for registering to vote

Here in Spokane a few years we had one of the worst Oxycontin problems in the US, our pharmacies were the first to get safes to keep it in because of all the robberies. Now you can't even get it prescribed to you here pretty much. When I passed meds a few years ago there was a few who had prescription, at the place I now work at no one has a prescription for it. When you go to most pharmacies here now most of have signs saying they don't carry it.

Legalizing weed would kill the quality and increase the cost,

if you smoke it getting the govt involved should be the last thing you want.

Here in Spokane a few years we had one of the worst Oxycontin problems in the US, our pharmacies were the first to get safes to keep it in because of all the robberies. Now you can't even get it prescribed to you here pretty much. When I passed meds a few years ago there was a few who had prescription, at the place I now work at no one has a prescription for it. When you go to most pharmacies here now most of have signs saying they don't carry it.

Thats a shame too. There are people that drugs like that can help but they can not get them.

Forum List

Back