many vets draw 1k per month, untaxed, for "hearing loss"

May 21, 2015
and similar bs. 50% disability. Google for it. 100% disability can still mean that you get around fine, etc, too and it pays 3k per month, untaxed.

and similar bs. 50% disability. Google for it. 100% disability can still mean that you get around fine, etc, too and it pays 3k per month, untaxed.

So American veterans don't deserve to be compensated for hearing loss, and other undesirable traits they incurred in fighting foreign wars — is that part of this "bs" of which you speak, smart guy???

Hearing loss can be a serious detriment to your life and employment potential. The fact that the hearing loss was sustained while serving the country means we foot the bill for it.

Many of the disabilities do not show. Not all disabled people are in a wheel chair. But their disabilities are certainly just as real.

According to this website Veterans there are 5,522,589 disabled veterans (partial and total disability). In 2013 we spent $63,574,737,000.00 on disabled benefits and pensions for disabled veterans. That averages out to a whopping $11,511.76 per veteran. Seems a pretty paltry amount for what those people went thru and suffered. It amounts to 2% of the federal budget for 2013. Look at the other 98% of the budget for places to cut. Those men & women stepped up on their own and we promised we'd take care of them.

Hearing loss can be a serious detriment to your life and employment potential. The fact that the hearing loss was sustained while serving the country means we foot the bill for it.

Many of the disabilities do not show. Not all disabled people are in a wheel chair. But their disabilities are certainly just as real.

According to this website Veterans there are 5,522,589 disabled veterans (partial and total disability). In 2013 we spent $63,574,737,000.00 on disabled benefits and pensions for disabled veterans. That averages out to a whopping $11,511.76 per veteran. Seems a pretty paltry amount for what those people went thru and suffered. It amounts to 2% of the federal budget for 2013. Look at the other 98% of the budget for places to cut. Those men & women stepped up on their own and we promised we'd take care of them.
But,,,as the Army tells ya, it may be low pay but you get awards....

Happy July 4th to you too ungrateful asshole.
Actually it's closer to 1700 a month..Thank you for your taxes.....
you must enjoy dog food and the finer things in life on $1,700 bucks a month

Enjoy
Canned food? Hell the 50 pounds of dry food is cheaper and just add milk...Then I have the energy to pick the fruits and veggies the Earth is good enough to provide..hell of a year for huckleberries, blackberries and mulberries, even have wild grapes this year in abundance..they won't be ready till mid-August....Have green beans, cauliflower, broccoli, tomatoes,crook neck squash , hot peppers, pumpkins(orange jacks and lumina).......they taste whey better than dog food....Oh and deer is a plenty here in the 43 acres....

Enjoy
Canned food? Hell the 50 pounds of dry food is cheaper and just add milk...Then I have the energy to pick the fruits and veggies the Earth is good enough to provide..hell of a year for huckleberries, blackberries and mulberries, even have wild grapes this year in abundance..they won't be ready till mid-August....Have green beans, cauliflower, broccoli, tomatoes,crook neck squash , hot peppers, pumpkins(orange jacks and lumina).......they taste whey better than dog food....Oh and deer is a plenty here in the 43 acres....
My bills run me less than 700 a month....so yes, 1,700 is okay, not as much as I made a a mason contractor,I could earn that in two days, but, my old body won't let me do that anymore...

Enjoy
My bills run me less than 700 a month....so yes, 1,700 is okay, not as much as I made a a mason contractor,I could earn that in two days, but, my old body won't let me do that anymore...

I'm glad you have access to the land and gardens ect. But a huge number of the homeless are veterans suffering from a variety of service related disorders. They hardly have access to that. So $1,700 is a pretty paltry amount for many of those who are not able to work because of their service.

What's the point of the post? Is the "prison/con" annoyed that Veterans don't pay income tax on their disability awards or is the prison/con annoyed that Veterans with 100% disability "can still get around fine"? The post makes no sense and is offensive on several levels including the timing.

What's the point of the post? Is the "prison/con" annoyed that Veterans don't pay income tax on their disability awards or is the prison/con annoyed that Veterans with 100% disability "can still get around fine"? The post makes no sense and is offensive on several levels including the timing.
Life evidently has passed him by while in prison....This woman I am helping flip her house is a criminal psychologist that has correspondence with the BTK murderer in Kansas.....She does cold cases......

Enjoy

I'm glad you have access to the land and gardens ect. But a huge number of the homeless are veterans suffering from a variety of service related disorders. They hardly have access to that. So $1,700 is a pretty paltry amount for many of those who are not able to work because of their service.
I know, there are many that are suffering and I help when I can....And I live in a low cost area.....so I have it easy, compared to the cost of living in many areas of the nation..It reminds me of all the homeless vets I met in the 1970-1980's.....So disconnected...

Yeah, prison/con has some issues.

many vets draw 1k per month, untaxed, for "hearing loss"

If you got a problem with that feel free to start a movement demanding quieter wars.

An interesting question is whether disabled Veterans continue to receive disability awards if they are incarcerated in prison. If the state or the federal government assumes the full responsibility for the life and welfare of a convicted felon than it seems to me that the disability award should go to the state or the federal government which is responsible for the life and health of the Veteran until such time when he is released.

Forum List

Back