Mandatory evac for parts of Oroville b/c of dam situation

CantHoldTears.jpg

If the dam breaks, there are going to be some seriously hard times for CA. Not only because of the flooding, but if they lose the resevoir, they will also lose a lot of water supply for a large part of the state.

I am hoping the rain holds off like they hope and they have time to really reinforce it to keep that from happening. As you say it could be devastating.
If the dam breaks, there are going to be some seriously hard times for CA. Not only because of the flooding, but if they lose the resevoir, they will also lose a lot of water supply for a large part of the state.

Much of the water exiting Oroville Dam is used to spin turbines and held in a second reservoir below the dam. It's pumped back up at night so it can be used again the next day. Those turbines provided a major part of California's electricity. Take that dam out of operation and some of our "members" will vanish for a time unless they have their own generators. Ya can't run a computer on organic beeswax candles.

Yes, California would miss having that water (they're gonna dump it anyway) but would seriously miss having electricity.

I am hoping the rain holds off like they hope and they have time to really reinforce it to keep that from happening. As you say it could be devastating.

You know, my roomie and I were talking about this yesterday, and she came up with what I thought was a pretty reasonable patch. Take steel plates and weld them together to patch the hole that was made by the water and mount them securely to the concrete, and then paint the whole thing with that Rhino liner stuff that they use on truck beds. Saw Mythbusters paint a house with that stuff and then blew up a car bomb in front of it. Know what happened? The windows shattered, but the building stood.

Lol, sounds like that might work for the auxiliary spillway! Now the emergency is in deep you know what from what I saw today after they got the water dropped. Their were engineers roaming all through the breaks/gouges there. I've not heard anything about their final assessment, which I find odd, and they are keeping it evacuated for the time being. I am wondering if they are waiting for the rains coming Wednesday night before they decide if they can be allowed back in. Today they had planned on dropping bags of boulders from black hawks.
650x366

This is a pic of the emergency spillway damage, which is deceiving in the pic, of the actual damage. Wish their were a better one. It is super deep. The engineers walking it today looked like specks.
The white water is the auxiliary spillway, which has a major sinkhole further down. From latimes

You know, my roomie and I were talking about this yesterday, and she came up with what I thought was a pretty reasonable patch. Take steel plates and weld them together to patch the hole that was made by the water and mount them securely to the concrete, and then paint the whole thing with that Rhino liner stuff that they use on truck beds. Saw Mythbusters paint a house with that stuff and then blew up a car bomb in front of it. Know what happened? The windows shattered, but the building stood.

If Governator wasn't taking care of the infrastructure, why didn't governor moonbeam?

California is a special kind of stupid.

View attachment 112195

We think the BIGGER IDIOTS are the ones who have no clue what is going on around them, the only fake clue they have is what CNN and OBama has told you morons lol.
And yet California would be the seventh largest economy in the world, were it an independent nation.
Take away the US military that the left despises and that leaves Hollyweird as your economic base. With most filming occuring out of the US.

The fact remains California officials should have been inspecting the dam and noticed this potential for failure. And repaired it during the drought years.

Instead they pissed the money away on a train to nowhere and freebies for illegals.

And what dam has broken?
Thanks for displaying how ignorant the left are.
Still waiting for your answer.....what dam has broken?
It is in the midst of collapsing, ignoramus. Look at the google display.

Oroville Dam evacuations: Spillway could release 'wall of water' - CNN.com
Ohhhh...you mean the emergency spillway. That's not the dam, you know. You aware of the difference?
What's going to happen when this red part goes, dufus?
View attachment 112125
It was running at a fraction of it's government advertised abilities and broke. Not surprised.

Same thing happened with Katrina.

If Governator wasn't taking care of the infrastructure, why didn't governor moonbeam?

What was so disgusting about Katrina was how Ray Nagin helped to falsely paint Bush as a racist...then Nagin goes to Federal prison for 15 years for corruption from stealing Katrina relief funds from his own people.

...but Katrina was Bush's fault because he is racist.

Is Nagin racist for stealing money from his black constituents?

And what dam has broken?
Thanks for displaying how ignorant the left are.
Still waiting for your answer.....what dam has broken?
It is in the midst of collapsing, ignoramus. Look at the google display.

Oroville Dam evacuations: Spillway could release 'wall of water' - CNN.com
Ohhhh...you mean the emergency spillway. That's not the dam, you know. You aware of the difference?
bo on the news here the guy at the scene said if the new storm causes the spillway to collapse....the dam would very likely follow...
The spillways are part of the damn. I pray they do not fail, because loss of innocent life will be the result.

Same thing happened with Katrina.

What was so disgusting about Katrina was how Ray Nagin helped to falsely paint Bush as a racist...then Nagin goes to Federal prison for 15 years for corruption from stealing Katrina relief funds from his own people.

...but Katrina was Bush's fault because he is racist.

Is Nagin racist for stealing money from his black constituents?
History. Another bad mistake by the chocolate city mayor. His words, not mine.

200,000 evacuated. No time frame for a return.

And people make fun of Florida?

California had many years of drought. That's when you fix your fucking dams. Good Lord. It's not that difficult.

Free Tuition doesn't mean shit if the students drown in a dam burst.

Forum List

Back