Man/Woman: Devil's Super Bowl (Ad Revenue)

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
Does media/consumerism remind you of a soap opera?

This yarn was inspired by Any Given Sunday (and the gender-symbolic characters from the film portrayed by Jamie Foxx and Cameron Diaz).

eagle.jpg

====

As the Super Bowl approached, fans and speculators wanted to see the quality and intrigue of the iconic ads which would be dispersed throughout the annual symbolic American professional football championship. Super Bowl ads accounted for a terrific portion of consumer-revenue and were therefore considered very important to both men and women. While football remained a dominantly male sport, women cheered on their husbands who cheered on their teams while enjoying the 'commercial aesthetics' of the ads presented during the fun game.

browns1.jpg

All male football fans don't want to be disturbed while watching the Super Bowl. Heck, they don't even want to be bothered while enjoying the 'commercial aesthetics' of the colourful consumer ads presented during the games (during TV breaks). However, women don't want their boyfriends/spouses to be hypnotized by the Super Bowl (or its ads) so much that they feel completely ignored. After all, many female cheerleaders supported what male athletes did during the game, so, surely, women at home deserved proportionate respect from their sport-obsessed boyfriend/husband football-fans. This was an eccentric American argument between the genders.

0074.jpg

As the Super Bowl therefore approached, two mercenary-like underworld 'warriors' from a dimension called Outworld arrived on Earth to watch the game invisibly as 'angels.' These two warriors were Erron Black (a wandering cowboy and sharpshooter) and Sindel (a cunning queen and sorceress). Erron represented primal liberties men cherished (e.g., watching the Super Bowl in peace), while Sindel represented feminism-oriented concerns (e.g., female cheerleaders being under-appreciated by fans/audiences). Erron Black and Sindel decided to engage in a symbolic debate about the commercial 'value' of Super Bowl ads within the context of 'gender-intrigue.'

sindel6.jpg

ERRON BLACK: Fathers purchase Barbie-dolls for their daughters...
SINDEL: So you think that's 'sufficient' for masculine care of feminine needs?
ERRON BLACK: Get your daughter a Barbie and your wife watches the Super Bowl with you!
SINDEL: So you think 'appeasing' a woman is equivalent to caring for her?
ERRON BLACK: The Super Bow is a masculine event, and women are only required to cheer.
SINDEL: Women don't appreciate feeling under-appreciated during the Super Bowl.
ERRON BLACK: Maybe that's why we have aesthetically-pleasing consumer-ads.
SINDEL: Yes, these Super Bowl ads appeal to both genders since they hype general goods.
ERRON BLACK: Therefore, Super Bowl ads become an 'arena' for gender dialogue.
SINDEL: That's correct; so would you ignore a woman's comments on a Super Bowl ad?
ERRON BLACK: Not if they're relevant or interesting to men.
SINDEL: What if the Devil told your neglected wife he'd offer her more attention?
ERRON BLACK: I'd say the Devil was tempting her towards divorce based on a grudge!
SINDEL: Don't you want to 'ensure' your wife's affections by considering her needs?
ERRON BLACK: There's no time for feminine needs during a Super Bowl game.
SINDEL: Aha. That's my entire argument. The Super Bowl is gender-biased...
ERRON BLACK: Well, the Super Bowl ads (like we discussed) appeal to both genders.
SINDEL: The ads are only useful within the context of consumerism culture in America.
ERRON BLACK: I suppose a Barbie ad during the Super Bowl would unite the genders...
SINDEL: Yes! Fathers would think about purchasing the dolls for their daughters. Moms smile.
ERRON BLACK: In that case, Super Bowl ads are an 'aphrodisiac.'
SINDEL: And they're perfectly legal...
ERRON BLACK: I suppose therefore that consumerism/capitalism is 'fashionable.'
SINDEL: When fashion enhances politics (e.g., gender relations), society benefits.
ERRON BLACK: I like female 'Power-Puff' high-school football games (amateur).
SINDEL: Those female games are meant to complement the male varsity teams.
ERRON BLACK: I suppose women always stand by men (philosophically)…
SINDEL: Well, when they don't, they're simply retaliating against 'male bias.'
ERRON BLACK: I'm a big fan of the American TV series Divorce Court.
SINDEL: Hail to coffee!

sindel7.jpg

After Erron Black and Sindel concluded their discussion/debate, the two warrior-angels from Outworld (visiting Earth during the iconic Super Bowl) decided that consumerism-consciousness creates a special brand of gender dialogue, since there are 'arenas' that cater to the preferences of both genders. Super Bowl ads are obviously one such arena. Erron and Sindel decided that Starbucks and Wal-Mart and Toys 'R Us remind Americans and everyday pedestrians of the imagination behind commerce and why it can promote general peace. Erron and Sindel realized that consumerism may ward off the potential evil 'Red Dragon' of terrorism (a beast signifying pure fear of contract distrust --- i.e., 9/11). Erron and Sindel decided to transform into a highlander-swordsman and a pagan witch (to embrace Earth-history) to avoid the incendiary fire of the contentious Red Dragon who might accuse Erron and Sindel of 'spying' on human civilization without adequate 'physical investment.'

sindel5.jpg

After the Super Bowl ended, Erron Black decided to purchase a nice orange water-gun for a homeless child living temporarily in a shelter. Sindel decided to purchase the same model of the orange water-gun for a young girl living in war-torn Israel so she'd feel more cheerful about human commerce/activity and toys. Erron had decided that Super Bowl ads do indeed encourage conversational peace between men and women; Sindel had decided that Super Bowl ads cater to women who seek to use commercial aesthetics to excite their boyfriends/husbands (e.g., Victoria's Secret erotic lingerie ads). The two agreed that Super Bowl ad revenue was a valuable capitalism-symbol of traffic metaphysics.

browns4.jpg

GOD: It seems Erron Black and Sindel have debated about capitalism itself.
SATAN: Consumerism is intriguing, and Erron and Sindel have evaded the Red Dragon!
GOD: Super Bowl ad revenue is therefore a sensitive/symbolic subject.
SATAN: Capitalism promotes competitiveness and therefore warrants meditation.
GOD: Yes, otherwise, we'd breed all kinds of capitalism-wars such as the Gulf War.
SATAN: And a war between the genders (e.g., Anita Hill v Clarence Thomas)!
GOD: Media has offered spice to 'dialogue-access.'
SATAN: Yes, People Magazine symbolizes America's love of gossip and rumors.
GOD: Consumerism is therefore somewhat...and ironically...human!
SATAN: Indeed; parents buy toys for their kids to celebrate consumerism youthfulness.
GOD: Perhaps law school students (men and women) can debate about capitalism cases.
SATAN: U.S. vs. Microsoft obviously symbolizes monopoly-paranoia relevant to both genders.
GOD: I wonder if Erron Black and Sindel are romantically involved...
SATAN: No; I think they remain staunch 'rivals.'
GOD: Will Erron always consider Sindel a feminist?
SATAN: Will Sindel always consider Erron a cowboy?
GOD: Perhaps Barbie and Starbucks can heal the scars of 9/11.
SATAN: I believe capitalism has the potential (at least) to create stimulating controversy.

====

:dance:

d2.jpg

Forum List

Back