Man who called police on black woman at North Carolina pool no longer has job

...whites are superior in graduation rates/not committing murder-crime-hate crimes-rape/etc

Let me guess, your relatives were in the picture.
...once again--another USMB member who argues by hate/mocking someone's family/etc-- NOT with facts as I do
..your points and argument are worthless--and you prove it with your responses--thank you

I long ago stopped trying to convince a racist that he was wrong. Now I treat them with the mocking contempt that is all they are worthy of.

Twin judges in Jefferson County are identical in values, beliefs and purpose

If given the choice between any random black, and any random KKK type I would choose the Black. Then again I always have and have never regretted it.

What is a *kkk type*?
White? From the rural us?

Where crime is negligible and there's zero chance of being grabbed while walking down the street and stuffed in someone's trunk?

Um. Iā€™m white and live in Rural Georgia. If you need me to explain what a KKK type is, I can, but if you find yourself qualifying you donā€™t get to be mad.

I lived in a majority Hispanic community when in High School in California. My friends were white, black, brown, and all of the rest. I didnā€™t know any Native Americans until I joined the Army. I got along with them as well.

Unlike Harmonica, I donā€™t give a damn what color you are. I am no more likely to entrust a White than a Black. Of my five closest friends, three are Black. Probably because they were Engineers in the Army too, although we did not serve together.

I detest racists. I eschew them. They wonā€™t learn. They stubbornly cling to outdated and demonstrably false assumptions. I live about half a mile from a major Klucker. Iā€™d rather eat a raw turd than spend ten minutes with him.

Last week I saw three young Black teenagers who were trying to act Ghetto tough. I wasnā€™t afraid. I was amused. They were in a middle class neighborhood where the closest to me major grocery store is located. I laughed. I shook my head. Someone like Harmonica would have used it as an indictment against all Blacks. He would not have dared to look the others around in the eye, and see the same humor on their faces. They were young men trying to emulate what they believed men did. I believe they can and will learn. Or not.

The Baltimore Policeā€™s ā€˜Summer Surgeā€™ Scam

That is the kind of thing Harmnica wants to see. Cops swarming blacks and looking for any excuse to lock them up like the barbarians he believes them to be.

Even the Amish are tolerant of adolescent acting up. And the Amish are some seriously stick communities.

Fine, heā€™s a bigot.

He did what he did because the woman was black. I donā€™t feel sorry for him for losing his job, even if they overreacted a bit.

If he called the police just because sheā€™s black, then heā€™s a racist.

The story said she clearly had a pool pass. She clearly belonged there.

I have no sympathy for racist assholes. Maybe the job was a little overboard, but in this case, so what?

Yes but if itā€™s his job to police the area and he wasnā€™t aware she was a resident there, he had reason to be suspicious.

The story said she had a pool pass. He never should have called the police. If itā€™s his job to make sure only authorized persons use the pool, then itā€™s his job to check for pool passes and she had one.

I understand that, but again he probably thought that maybe she stole it since he didnā€™t know her.

That would just prove heā€™s a racist asshole and the fact you want to defend him with that argument says something about you.

How is he racist? Did he ever claim whites are superior or blacks inferior?

I think he was being an asshole about it. But being an asshole to a black person doesnā€™t make one a ā€œracistā€.

He had lots of ways to handle the situation and he made a bad choice. When you make a bad decision, there are consequences and he was fired, case closed. Wh dealing with people you need to show tact, patience and problem solve, itā€™s obvious e didnā€™t.

He had lots of ways to handle the situation and he made a bad choice. When you make a bad decision, there are consequences and he was fired, case closed. Wh dealing with people you need to show tact, patience and problem solve, itā€™s obvious e didnā€™t.
He made the only choice that made sense. He could ignore it or he could call a cop. Any other choice would've been a mistake.

How was it racist or discrimination to call the police? Did the police kick her out? If not, who cares?

I have no sympathy for racist assholes. Maybe the job was a little overboard, but in this case, so what?
Nothing indicates that he called the police just because she was black.

Yes but if itā€™s his job to police the area and he wasnā€™t aware she was a resident there, he had reason to be suspicious.

The story said she had a pool pass. He never should have called the police. If itā€™s his job to make sure only authorized persons use the pool, then itā€™s his job to check for pool passes and she had one.

I understand that, but again he probably thought that maybe she stole it since he didnā€™t know her.

That would just prove heā€™s a racist asshole and the fact you want to defend him with that argument says something about you.

I think he was being an asshole about it. But being an asshole to a black person doesnā€™t make one a ā€œracistā€.

This is the problem with ignorant white people( and other races) when it comes to racism. Racism isnā€™t always clear cut where a racial slur was said or a someone claiming their race is superior. Racism comes in many different forms.

This guy obviously checked this woman because of the color of her skin. Iā€™m 98% sure if she were a white woman, he wouldnā€™t have even bothered.

Being a black woman who was raised in majority white neighborhoods my whole life I know the deal.

This is the problem with ignorant white people( and other races) when it comes to racism. Racism isnā€™t always clear cut where a racial slur was said or a someone claiming their race is superior. Racism comes in many different forms.

This guy obviously checked this woman because of the color of her skin. Iā€™m 98% sure if she were a white woman, he wouldnā€™t have even bothered.

Being a black woman who was raised in majority white neighborhoods my whole life I know the deal.

You are just as wrong as the pool Nazi in your bigotry.

I know. And so is the predictable reply from so many morons. Who are you going to believe. Us or your own personal experience and lying eyes?

The man's employer, packing company Sonoco, said in a tweet Friday that it was made "aware of a terrible incident" at a private community pool.

Adam Bloom from Winston-Salem, North Carolina called the cops on
Jasmine Edwards, a black mother, & her child because he didnā€™t think they belonged in the community swimming pool, even though she clearly had her pool pass. Bloom works at @Sonoco_Products.pic.twitter.com/ZzW6GRv2Ua

ā€” Simar (@sahluwal) July 6, 2018

A white man who called North Carolina police on a black woman who was using a private community pool with her child no longer has a job because of the "terrible incident," his company said Friday.

Global packaging firm Sonoco Products said in a statement that although the Fourth of July incident involving Adam Bloom occurred outside of work, the company does "not condone discrimination of any kind."

Related
News
#WhileBlack: Calling police on black people become teachable moments for law enforcement

It was not immediately clear whether Sonoco fired Bloom or if he resigned. A LinkedIn page in which he had listed his position as a value realization leader was later disabled.

This is not good. Just more racist black privilege.

It's great. Another entitled white skinned prick creates his own destiny (unemployment) by doing something stupid. Justice served.

I was taught in lifeguard classes blacks (and browns) can't swim at all. And be very careful when trying to save them because they will attack. And this was way back before MMA. The lifeguard instructor said that you have to approach cautiously, and the get them from behind and apply a rear naked choke basically but let them breath. And then swim them in side stroke.

Caution...graphic...

Liveleak.com - Two Men Drown in Buffalo, NY While Crowd Watches

Last edited:

No. It makes him an asshole. Is that somehow better than a racist? Not really. Your logic is infantile.

I was taught in lifeguard classes blacks (and browns) can't swim at all. And be very careful when trying to save them because they will attack. And this was way back before MMA. The lifeguard instructor said that you have to approach cautiously, and the get them from behind and apply a rear naked choke basically but let them breath. And then swim them in side stroke.

Caution...graphic...

Liveleak.com - Two Men Drown in Buffalo, NY While Crowd Watches

So, to be clear, you are a self-admitted racist.

Being a property manager in my younger life...I can understand why he did what he did. How can I relate to it? Simple. When you have a large apartment complex that has a very large pool...there are people in the neighborhood that want to use that pool...residents be damned. I know because I had to deal with the same shit. Lowlife scumbags and their heathen brats would invade our pool..and my residents had to take a back seat because there were too many IN the pool that were NOT residents of the apartments. And yes....some residents would give their gate key to some schmuck, who in turn would invite all his/her lowlife assholes to come join the party at the pool. Um. No. Not on my watch. I kicked shitloads out and sometimes even had to have help from the police because some had attitude (mainly blacks).

Do I agree with his actions? Depends. I didn't click the link. But if this guy PAYS rent (which is probably atrocious), then he has a right to question who is taking up space in a coveted summer activity. Should he have been fired? FUCK NO. I am so sick of people being fired over shit they do when NOT at work. Again, depending on what they did to begin with.
yep. this whole OFF WITH THEIR HEAD is stupid and people seems to get some sick satisfaction that a person they don't even know in a situation they'll never fully understand was fired for committing a crime they never really did.

social justice is such an oxymoron.

How was it racist or discrimination to call the police? Did the police kick her out? If not, who cares?
Because they were called in the first place fool.
You know he NEVER called police on any white person.

Being a property manager in my younger life...I can understand why he did what he did. How can I relate to it? Simple. When you have a large apartment complex that has a very large pool...there are people in the neighborhood that want to use that pool...residents be damned. I know because I had to deal with the same shit. Lowlife scumbags and their heathen brats would invade our pool..and my residents had to take a back seat because there were too many IN the pool that were NOT residents of the apartments. And yes....some residents would give their gate key to some schmuck, who in turn would invite all his/her lowlife assholes to come join the party at the pool. Um. No. Not on my watch. I kicked shitloads out and sometimes even had to have help from the police because some had attitude (mainly blacks).

Do I agree with his actions? Depends. I didn't click the link. But if this guy PAYS rent (which is probably atrocious), then he has a right to question who is taking up space in a coveted summer activity. Should he have been fired? FUCK NO. I am so sick of people being fired over shit they do when NOT at work. Again, depending on what they did to begin with.
yep. this whole OFF WITH THEIR HEAD is stupid and people seems to get some sick satisfaction that a person they don't even know in a situation they'll never fully understand was fired for committing a crime they never really did.

social justice is such an oxymoron.
Funny, off with there heads was the last thing they heard after let them eat cake.

The man's employer, packing company Sonoco, said in a tweet Friday that it was made "aware of a terrible incident" at a private community pool.

Jasmine Edwards, a black mother, & her child because he didnā€™t think they belonged in the community swimming pool, even though she clearly had her pool pass. Bloom works at @Sonoco_Products.pic.twitter.com/ZzW6GRv2Ua

A white man who called North Carolina police on a black woman who was using a private community pool with her child no longer has a job because of the "terrible incident," his company said Friday.

Global packaging firm Sonoco Products said in a statement that although the Fourth of July incident involving Adam Bloom occurred outside of work, the company does "not condone discrimination of any kind."

Related
News
#WhileBlack: Calling police on black people become teachable moments for law enforcement

It was not immediately clear whether Sonoco fired Bloom or if he resigned. A LinkedIn page in which he had listed his position as a value realization leader was later disabled.

It's great. Another entitled white skinned prick creates his own destiny (unemployment) by doing something stupid. Justice served.
so when a black kid gets shot, would it be just as closed minded correct to say they brought it upon themselves or do we always blame the police still?

Related
News

so when a black kid gets shot, would it be just as closed minded correct to say they brought it upon themselves or do we always blame the police still?

Oh. ā€œAdamā€ is dead? Or is it all the same in your mind?

Because they were called in the first place fool.
You know he NEVER called police on any white person.
So because she's black He shouldn't of called the cops on her. Blacks are immune from the law. Stealing someone else's pass to use the pool.

Forum List

Back