'Man up' -- the fear that keeps men from acting human

Connery

Rookie
Oct 19, 2012
"Man up" an expression that means different things to different people. Women may definite it differently than men.

"Just mumbling those two words in a typical guy's direction delivers a psychological shock that discourages him from venturing outside the restrictions of our traditional view of what it means to be a man. Famed author Norman Mailer, known for his machismo and string of women, once said "tough guys don't dance" -- something I'm sure would be news to the men of the NFL, who are known for their machismo, string of women and, well, dancing in the end zone wearing tights."

the power of 'man up' - CNN.com

The truest definition I have is being true to myself, no matter the odds, no matter how counter it may run to the "crowd". A woman once said this to me, I asked what her definition was and I found it humorous as it was a stereotype of what a man should be and a caricature of the tough guys in the neighborhood.

What does "Man Up" mean to you?

Accept responsibility for yourself and your well-being.
Accept your failures and be willing to learn from your mistakes.
Identify your faults instead of blaming others.
Face the task ahead of you regardless of how unpleasant it may be.
Embrace the challenge to better yourself at every turn.
Understand that fear is a dream killer.

Stand up for something ... Face certain failure ... And rejoice as you attempt to slay the beast before you.

Last edited:
  • Banned

Accept responsibility for yourself and your well-being.
Accept your failures and be willing to learn from your mistakes.
Identify your faults instead of blaming others.
Face the task ahead of you regardless of how unpleasant it may be.
Embrace the challenge to better yourself at every turn.
Understand that fear is a dream killer.

Stand up for something ... Face certain failure ... And rejoice as you attempt to slay the beast before you.

Nice post!

The ultimate "boogeyman" is the one that looks back when you face the mirror. Facing that person and dealing with what is at hand is to "man up".

Forum List

Back