Man Sets Himself On Fire In Front Of Supreme Court Building

insolent imp

Platinum Member
Apr 20, 2022
(NewsNation) ⁠— A man lit himself on fire in front of the Supreme Court building Friday evening, according to officials.

Supreme Court police, U.S. Capitol Police and the Metropolitan Police Department of D.C. all responded to the incident, which took place at around 6:30 p.m., Patricia McCabe, spokesperson for the Supreme Court, said.

“A medical helicopter landed on the plaza and the individual was airlifted to a local hospital. No one else was injured,” McCabe said in a statement.

McCabe did not say how severely the man was injured

Seems to me like this has happened a few times before. Odd way to protest.

(NewsNation) ⁠— A man lit himself on fire in front of the Supreme Court building Friday evening, according to officials.

Supreme Court police, U.S. Capitol Police and the Metropolitan Police Department of D.C. all responded to the incident, which took place at around 6:30 p.m., Patricia McCabe, spokesperson for the Supreme Court, said.

“A medical helicopter landed on the plaza and the individual was airlifted to a local hospital. No one else was injured,” McCabe said in a statement.

boy, he sure showed them! :banana:

He got it backwards.

Tell me please that the first responders didnt get to him in time....

giphy.gif

Mean-spirited as usual I see....Meh, typical dem minion speak.

Do you people ever have a original thought rattling around in your empty minds?

The world wonders.

I bet you did not even kill that buck.
I didn’t. My dog found it. My biggest buck is a 6. So my dog is a better hunter than me.

I as just dishing it back. That guy was saying us lefties should set ourselves on fire. Not nice.

(CNN)A man who set himself on fire Friday on the plaza in front of the US Supreme Court in Washington, DC, has died, according to the Metropolitan Police Department.

The man was identified as Wynn Bruce of Boulder, Colorado, an MPD spokesperson said Saturday.

Is there any suggestion as to what he was protesting? Because, if not, that was a waste of some good lighter fluid...

Seems to me like this has happened a few times before. Odd way to protest.
The disturbing incident was just the latest act of self-immolation in Washington D.C.

In 2019, Arnav Gupta of Bethesda, Maryland set himself on fire outside the White House. He died shortly after due to his injuries.

In 1965, pacifist Norman Morrison was killed when he set himself on fire outside the Pentagon to protest the war in Vietnam.

Forum List

Back