Man sentenced to prison for using free speech.

ROFL! How do you avoid "listening in" when you're a party to the conversation? Laws that prevent you from recording conversations of which you are a participant can only have the intent of protecting law breakers and corrupt government officials.

When you are party to the conversation you must advise the person that you are recording the conversation.

Then it should be a civil matter and not criminal. 1/2 ownership of said conversation is the issue
Well... It would be civil if it was against the person and not the government.

*ponders*

I may need to put some more thought into this.

Your rights and liberties end when you infringe on another persons rights and liberties.

You mean like OWS???
I'm not sure how you are referencing it into this subject.

Yeah... You can't control other people. You can control yourself. If you are late once or twice to work sure... You can blame it on OWS. After that it's just your own fault.

It's my understanding that no one impeded their right to go to the park.

their RIGHT to go on with their everyday lives??
*blink*blink*

Ok... Now that was just stupid.

Shut the fuck up you partisan hack..
*laughs*

I'll say what I want, when I want, however I want to do it. There is nothing you can do about it if I'm not infringing on your rights. If this upsets you I strongly suggest you put me on ignore. It'll only get worse from here.
You may state what you wish. The rest of us have the first amendment right to find your speech unacceptable.
If other seem you a partisan hack, then in the eyes of those who state that, it is in their minds what you are. Deal with it.
The problem you libs have with the First amendment is you use it your first amendment rights to squash the first amendment rights of those who present a viewpoint to which you object.
That ain't how it works.

Your rights and liberties end when you infringe on another persons rights and liberties.

You mean like OWS???

Yeah... You can't control other people. You can control yourself. If you are late once or twice to work sure... You can blame it on OWS. After that it's just your own fault.

their RIGHT to go on with their everyday lives??
*blink*blink*

*laughs*

I'll say what I want, when I want, however I want to do it. There is nothing you can do about it if I'm not infringing on your rights. If this upsets you I strongly suggest you put me on ignore. It'll only get worse from here.

"They pay for"..HA! Most of those OWS people are out of work or refuse to work non taxpayers. In the court of public opinion, that leaves them with little to stand on.
OWS is a DEAD movement. It was crap when it started. It is now sewage. Flushed down the toilet. Right where it belongs.
Ya know what? If the OWS had a message other than "we want that" or "we deserve..." or "we don't believe we should have to pay for that..." They may have gotten some traction and perhaps some support from the general population. OWS BLEW IT..
They tried to pattern themselves after the anti establishment movement of the 1960's. They fucked up. Now it's over.

A public official has no reasonable expectation of not being taped. They tape our calls to 911 and when we get pulled over but oh that's right we are just the sheeple we must do as told or else.

Are you FUCKING kidding me? Of course they fucking tape our calls to 911. IT'S A FUCKING EMERGENCY LINE. You have no reason to expect they wouldn't record it.

Entirely different god damn thing from illegal wiretapping.

Are you fine with your conversations being illegally wiretapped? Maybe you are, maybe you supported the patriot act.

You mean like OWS???

*blink*blink*

*laughs*

You may state what you wish. The rest of us have the first amendment right to find your speech unacceptable.
Go ahead and find it unacceptable. That's hardly my problem. It's yours.

If other seem you a partisan hack, then in the eyes of those who state that, it is in their minds what you are. Deal with it.
No problem. I deal with it by telling you I really don't care if you think I'm a partisan hack. Now you are dealing with it by saying it's ok for you to say it? *shrugs* Ok.

The problem you libs have with the First amendment is you use it your first amendment rights to squash the first amendment rights of those who present a viewpoint to which you object.
Well... that makes you an idiot considering I haven't suggested in any way that I'm trying to sqaush your rights. In fact.. You told me to shut up. I didn't tell you to shut up... I told you to deal with it.

That ain't how it works.
If I said what you said I said... Then you would be right. But I didn't. Follow your own advise.

Edit: Oh I'm sorry... You weren't the guy I was responding to originally. *shrugs* Pretend it was if you have a problem with me.

Last edited:
A public official has no reasonable expectation of not being taped. They tape our calls to 911 and when we get pulled over but oh that's right we are just the sheeple we must do as told or else.

Are you FUCKING kidding me? Of course they fucking tape our calls to 911. IT'S A FUCKING EMERGENCY LINE. You have no reason to expect they wouldn't record it.

Entirely different god damn thing from illegal wiretapping.

Are you fine with your conversations being illegally wiretapped? Maybe you are, maybe you supported the patriot act.

Big difference between a wiretap and recording a conversation.
Come back when you figure out the distinction.

Forum List

Back