Man sentenced to prison for using free speech.

Mueller was found guilty of secretly recording conversations with Manchester police Capt. Jonathan Hopkins, Manchester High School West Principal MaryEllen McGorry and school secretary Denise Michael without their consent.

I think hes clearly wrong.

• Banned
Pigs can break law and get a slap on the wrist man records legit conversations gets locked up by the nazi police state.

• Banned
A public official has no reasonable expectation of not being taped. They tape our calls to 911 and when we get pulled over but oh that's right we are just the sheeple we must do as told or else.

UPDATED: Mueller convicted of 3 charges of illegal wiretapping | New Hampshire NEWS03

This is unfuckingbelievable. What the fuck happened to the first amendment....man I actually had hope for New Hampshire.

I guess he wasn't as politcally connected as Linda Tripp! She basically got away with the same thing. Don't see where the "free speech" comes in. He was guilty of a breech of privacy. Didn't get much time. If he's going to whine about losing his freedoms, how about the freedoms of the people he wiretapped?

A public official has no reasonable expectation of not being taped. They tape our calls to 911 and when we get pulled over but oh that's right we are just the sheeple we must do as told or else.

they and businesses inform you that the conversation is being taped. As a public worker you STILL need to inform him or anyone taping is involved. Big difference.

"Mueller was found guilty of secretly recording conversations with Manchester police Capt. Jonathan Hopkins, Manchester High School West Principal MaryEllen McGorry and school secretary Denise Michael without their consent."

UPDATED: Mueller convicted of 3 charges of illegal wiretapping | New Hampshire NEWS03

This is unfuckingbelievable. What the fuck happened to the first amendment....man I actually had hope for New Hampshire.

What is unfuckingbelievable, is that you are so monumentally stupid you confuse illegally recording peoples conversations with free speech.

Mueller was found guilty of secretly recording conversations with Manchester police Capt. Jonathan Hopkins, Manchester High School West Principal MaryEllen McGorry and school secretary Denise Michael without their consent.

A high school principal and a school secretary are public officials?

Who knew? :dunno:

So if your father was a cop would it be okay if I tapped your home phone? Afterall he's a public employee paid by the taxpayers.

I guess he wasn't as politcally connected as Linda Tripp! She basically got away with the same thing. Don't see where the "free speech" comes in. He was guilty of a breech of privacy. Didn't get much time. If he's going to whine about losing his freedoms, how about the freedoms of the people he wiretapped?
He didn't wiretap anyone. He recorded his conversation with a pig who likes to assault teenagers and the scum school officials who allowed it.

they and businesses inform you that the conversation is being taped. As a public worker you STILL need to inform him or anyone taping is involved. Big difference.

He did inform them he says he edited it out of the video he put on the internet.

What is unfuckingbelievable, is that you are so monumentally stupid you confuse illegally recording peoples conversations with free speech.

It is free speech. We aren't allowed to tape pigs and corrupt officials yet they can tape us when we are pulled over.

Yes they are. They were also told they were being taped.

So if your father was a cop would it be okay if I tapped your home phone? Afterall he's a public employee paid by the taxpayers.

No, that would not be OK either. I was just disagreeing with dissent's definition of a public official.

A public official who is on duty and in a public space has no expectation of privacy. The First Circuit Court of Appeals has already ruled on this in Glik vs. Cunniff," Ian Freeman, co-host of the nationally syndicated radio show Free Talk Live, said in a CNN iReport. "The person who should face consequences is the officer who threw that poor kid into a table during lunch at the school cafeteria, not the journalist who reported about it."

Its already been decided but obviously the jury didn't give a shit.

There is not enough information in the article. What did he try and do with the taped conversations? I don't think it's wire-tapping unless there was a device place on their phones to record other phone calls, not the one he was having with them, or was it?

Not too sure it's a free speech issue.

1) NOT "prison"
from the article:resulting in a net sentence of 85 days at the House of Corrections.

2) He didn't have their permission to be recorded
According to Florida law, he needed to inform them they were being recorded or have an audible tone that indicates recording is taking place.

This was in New Hampshire not Florida and the courts have already ruled on this. Public officials have no reasonable expectation of privacy.This was nothing more than a witch hunt because he showed the video of a pig assaulting a minor and then the pig got away with it!

Forum List

Back