Man kills pastor during church service

Gunny

Gold Member
Dec 27, 2004
The Republic of Texas
The pastor of a Maryville, Illinois church was shot to death in front of horrified parishioners during a service today, authorities said. Pastor Fred Winters was killed at the First Baptist Church of Maryville, Illinois state police spokesman Ralph Timmins told CNN affiliate KSDK. The suspect then pulled out a knife and wounded himself, Timmins said. Two worshippers who were attempting to detain him were also injured by the knife.

1 dead in Illinois church shooting, police say - CNN.com

Guess he didn't like the sermon.:eek:

as was mentioned the other day during a discussion of guns.. two places that do not allow guns? Schools and churches. Where are these type of attacks most often carried out? Schools and churches.. People need to start packing those pistols..

More disgusting news out of Illinois... Don't they have gun control laws there?

Among the strictest in the nation:

Gun politics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

...Thirty-nine U.S. states have passed "shall issue" concealed carry legislation of one form or another. In these states, law-abiding citizens (usually after giving evidence of completing a training course) may carry handguns on their person for self-protection. Other states and some cities such as New York may issue permits. Only Illinois, Wisconsin and the District of Columbia have explicit legislation forbidding personal carry. Vermont and Alaska do not require permits to carry concealed weapons, although Alaska retains a shall issue permit process for reciprocity purposes with other states....

o fuck me willow.excuse me...only a sane mother fucker would shot the damn pastor....in church....like even a pagan knows that is most likely a one way ticket to hell...my point is not that he is mentally ill but that having the gun should not be the issue...gun control should not be the fucking issue...we have gone over and over this....again and again....i am sick of hearing them piss and moan about guns killing people....

o fuck me willow.excuse me...only a sane mother fucker would shot the damn pastor....in church....like even a pagan knows that is most likely a one way ticket to hell...my point is not that he is mentally ill but that having the gun should not be the issue...gun control should not be the fucking issue...we have gone over and over this....again and again....i am sick of hearing them piss and moan about guns killing people....

hello hello hello fucking hello,, he not only shot the pastor he had time to fucking shoot five or six other people.. now excuse the hell outta me but if the other people in the church were packing he might have only had time to shoot one before someone sent his azz to hell. Thanks for listening.

packing at church? go for it...watch out for the crossfire...i assure you...i got no issues with yall packing in church...*takes a step backwards* if you are cool with it...so am i...

now do you realy think it would have made a difference...i would say the shock factor, would stun most into inaction and tell me willow how you explain to the wee ones that your god protects you and answers your prays but you got to be armed to go to worship him? do you see some problems here?

In my opinion, this guy should just be left to die. He doesn't deserve medical attention. Why should our tax dollars go towards saving a piece of ish like that? I am sure all of the right wing nut jobs will come out crying about how a life is a life and we should attempt to save everyone no matter how good or bad. LOL. People like this don't deserve a chance. Pull the plug I say.

Church pastor killed during service, police say - CNN.com

More disgusting news out of Illinois... Don't they have gun control laws there?

Among the strictest in the nation:

Gun politics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

...Thirty-nine U.S. states have passed "shall issue" concealed carry legislation of one form or another. In these states, law-abiding citizens (usually after giving evidence of completing a training course) may carry handguns on their person for self-protection. Other states and some cities such as New York may issue permits. Only Illinois, Wisconsin and the District of Columbia have explicit legislation forbidding personal carry. Vermont and Alaska do not require permits to carry concealed weapons, although Alaska retains a shall issue permit process for reciprocity purposes with other states....

Clearly they need stricter gun control laws in Illinois. Where is Chris when you need him?

packing at church? go for it...watch out for the crossfire...i assure you...i got no issues with yall packing in church...*takes a step backwards* if you are cool with it...so am i...

now do you realy think it would have made a difference...i would say the shock factor, would stun most into inaction and tell me willow how you explain to the wee ones that your god protects you and answers your prays but you got to be armed to go to worship him? do you see some problems here?

let's be rational shall we? I think I have already mentioned this but maybe it bears repeating again.. The two place that do not allow guns..... Church and Schools.. don't you think the mass murders give that consideration???? or really??? where do most of these mass shootings occur,,?????? you guessed it.... Churchs and Schools... now a logical thinker might think that if the people who planned such crimes on Churches and Schools no longer were assured that guns were prohibited in Churches and Schools,, well,,, I'll just let you try to think that out to it's logical conclusion...

here's the thing bones, in answer to yer question I bolded ... I would be alive to explain to my wee ones ,, rather than leave that project up to DUmmies like you.. :lol:

Last edited:
The pastor of a Maryville, Illinois church was shot to death in front of horrified parishioners during a service today, authorities said. Pastor Fred Winters was killed at the First Baptist Church of Maryville, Illinois state police spokesman Ralph Timmins told CNN affiliate KSDK. The suspect then pulled out a knife and wounded himself, Timmins said. Two worshippers who were attempting to detain him were also injured by the knife.

1 dead in Illinois church shooting, police say - CNN.com

I think that this should be illegal.

If someone else in that church had a gun ...

... that Pastor would still be dead.

Thank God the gun jammed otherwise who knows how many more would have been killed or wounded.

I would hate to be forced to use any weapon in church, but innocent unarmed citizens must be protected.

I'm pretty pro-gun but I have never been persuaded by the argument that we all need to pack everywhere we go to prevent other gun violence. Right, real practical. Bring your gun to church -- naturally!

I can't figure out why librals have no survivial instincts.. Is this a genetic malady? :cuckoo:

If someone else in that church had a gun ...

... that Pastor would still be dead.

Thank God the gun jammed otherwise who knows how many more would have been killed or wounded.

I would hate to be forced to use any weapon in church, but innocent unarmed citizens must be protected.

Yep, they were lucky the gun jammed.

Please don't take this as snark but my point stands that the Pastor would still have been shot and killed no matter what.

And I'm pretty much in agreement with what William Joyce just posted. I'm a pro-gun guy but packing to Church sounds outrageous to me.

Forum List

Back