Man given life iin prison for DUI

They are correct, just not informed. That 5 year number does not consider good time he will be earning while he is in prison. Texas gives you 20 days for every 30 you serve, and that will include any time he has already done.

Hmm, bit different in Arkansas, but wouldn't be the first time.

I can't imagine him getting out in less than 10 though.

General rule of thumb when the prisons are at, or near, capacity is that you do about a month for every year. For the purposes of parole a life sentence is equivalent to 20 years, so that means 20 months. He will actually be up for parole before he ever gets into the prison system, and Texas paroles people from the county jails if they can. The only way this guy will do anything close to 10 years is if he screws up a lot in prison. The fact that he has been through this before tells me he probably knows how to game the system well enough to get out on his first or second parole.

our jails arent that over crowded I guess. We'd find a spot for a habitual loser like this guy.

Life in prison or be voluntarially blinded. His choice.

yep , no COTUS violation there............:cuckoo:

You have a better way to ensure he did not drive drunk any more?
Either make damn sure he can't drive impared or keep him locked away.

Or we could privatize it and offer a reward for shooting him dead if caught behind a steering wheel.

In Saudi Arabia they chop a thief's hand off. It's effective,but necessary? Hmmm I don't think so.

Lock him up , sure. Mutilate him? I think not.

yep , no COTUS violation there............:cuckoo:

You have a better way to ensure he did not drive drunk any more?
Either make damn sure he can't drive impared or keep him locked away.

Or we could privatize it and offer a reward for shooting him dead if caught behind a steering wheel.

In Saudi Arabia they chop a thief's hand off. It's effective,but necessary? Hmmm I don't think so.

Lock him up , sure. Mutilate him? I think not.

I said his choice.
I am a bit of a Libertarian ;) Let him decide which he wants.
Free he could still drink booze, which seems to be his driving force in life.

Did the guy kill anyone?

If not then a life sentence is cruel and unusual. You can't put a guy in jail for life because of what might happen.

Hmm, bit different in Arkansas, but wouldn't be the first time.

I can't imagine him getting out in less than 10 though.

General rule of thumb when the prisons are at, or near, capacity is that you do about a month for every year. For the purposes of parole a life sentence is equivalent to 20 years, so that means 20 months. He will actually be up for parole before he ever gets into the prison system, and Texas paroles people from the county jails if they can. The only way this guy will do anything close to 10 years is if he screws up a lot in prison. The fact that he has been through this before tells me he probably knows how to game the system well enough to get out on his first or second parole.

our jails arent that over crowded I guess. We'd find a spot for a habitual loser like this guy.
Nah.Too many evil marijuana " criminals" locked up. No rooms left.

I am a little bit myself, which is why I said 5 years instead of 2.

According to FoxNews he won't be eligible for parole for 5 years. so that WOULD be his first time, if they are correct.

They are correct, just not informed. That 5 year number does not consider good time he will be earning while he is in prison. Texas gives you 20 days for every 30 you serve, and that will include any time he has already done.

In most cases and in most prisons you get two for one, that means for every thirty days you serve you get 60 days off your sentence.

Did the guy kill anyone?

If not then a life sentence is cruel and unusual. You can't put a guy in jail for life because of what might happen.

So after being convicted ten times fro driving under the influence we should just let him keep on driving until he kills someone? That makes sense.:cuckoo:

The man has obviously shown no will to change his lifestyle and or his drinking habits.

Oops...your liberalism's showing.

Your stupidity has been showing since you got here. Once again, it's on full display. :thup:

My, my...what a clever and well organized retort!
No doubt you had help with it...

Although I would actually rather converse with anyone who is able to grasp the concepts, and am relegated to you…i.e. one who is blind to issues, and sees only skin color, I will take the opportunity to diagnose one of your many problems…although this one may lie at the seat of most of them:

You have spent far too many sessions hissing at Emmanuel Goldstein.

As weak as you are, the ease with which liberalism could mesmerize, and constrict any nascent insight, was within the blink of an eye.

You never learned to question, to look at the underpinings of your less-than-intuitive understanding of eschatological world views.

All you need to decide right and wrong is the skin color of the the individual in question...

So sad that any part of an education is wasted on you, and you won't understand this post.

He didn't kill anyone . . . yet. The last conviction was for hitting another car and injuring the driver. His blood alcohol level was four times the legal limit. This has been going on for 20 years. He'll be eligible for parole in five years with good behavior, maximum time served w/be 10-15 years. While I don't agree with blinding him, something permanent must be done to ensure that this guy never gets behind the wheel of a vehicle again.

Texas Man Sentenced to Life in Prison for Ninth DUI

Oops...your liberalism's showing.

Your stupidity has been showing since you got here. Once again, it's on full display. :thup:

Guess the world's coming into an end, b/c I don't see what Rodney King has to do with this case either.

Individuals who behave in a dangerous and anti-social way, such as Mr. Falco, should be dealt with as Mr. Falco was...not rewarded with millions of dollars, as Mr. King was.

Did the guy kill anyone?

So after being convicted ten times fro driving under the influence we should just let him keep on driving until he kills someone? That makes sense.:cuckoo:

The man has obviously shown no will to change his lifestyle and or his drinking habits.

you can't throw someone in jail for life because of what might happen.

Did the guy kill anyone?

That's true and that's not what happened in this case.

Of course it is. Why is it that a person who actually murders someone gets out of jail and a guy who never did gets put in for life?

Of course it is. Why is it that a person who actually murders someone gets out of jail and a guy who never did gets put in for life?

If you're convicted of murder in Texas and given a life sentence you are still eligible for parole unless otherwise noted. This DUI case isn't any different, he will be eligible for parol in about 15 years.

Are you citing any particular murder case where the murderer was let out of jail or are you simply guessing?

Forum List

Back