Male Bladder Infection (UTI)

You can hardly expect the insane to remember much of the real world .

So have a quick personal check to find out whethe there is still some hope for you!!
Stock up on Trimethoprin .
Switzerland: UTI and Delirium

And extremely old fashioned home remedy, but use Applecider Vinegar.

One tablespoon in one cup of cold water during a meal, for at least two straight weeks.

Also, if you like pickles, eat pickles often........the ones that have vinegar in them.

Anytime I've felt a gut problem coming on, or stomachache or even had food poisoning........I've done this, and it helps a lot.
It doesn't kill all the bad bacteria, but it immobilizes it enough to get washed out of your system.

Although if you have problems like ulcers or such.........I wouldn't use it.

You might look for herbal remedies or home remedies online, and see if any of those might help out.
Pickle juice is good for muscle cramps too.

1ST DAY ON ANTIBIOTICS. Last week or so, kept getting worse; finally went to my dr. Urine culture will come back prob. on Monday. My symptoms are severe severe sharp shooting stabbing pain 24/7 inside the penis and left testicle pain; very deep and heavy pain there. Im 50 yr old with a very very high pain threshold- this type of pain in both penis and testicle is prob. one of the worst pains in my life. Prostatitis too possibly, but no fever no chills no vomiting etc. Rules out kidneys. I dont remember my last UTI being so very painful; can any male here relate? 2-3 days Im assuming before antibiotics kick in (cipro).? man this is brutal pain. Nothing makes it better. doing everything youre supposed to do including cranberry pills,tons of water, heat, ice advil, tylenol etc.

I have Interstitial Cystitis. So I am the queen of this kind of pain and UTIs. And yes, they can be excruciating.

You will love the magic of pyridium, either generic or AZO brand. I have it on hand all the time. It is like a topical anesthetic. It really helps with bladder pain, urgency and pain upon urination. However, it WILL turn your pee a bright orange. It will stain clothing, so be careful.

The compound in cranberry that is thought to be effective is D-Mannose. You can skip drinking all the juice and go right for D-Mannose pills, available on Amazon and everywhere, probably. They upset my stomach if I take too many, but if I catch my symptoms really early those alone can flush an early infection.

I have Interstitial Cystitis. So I am the queen of this kind of pain and UTIs. And yes, they can be excruciating.

You will love the magic of pyridium, either generic or AZO brand. I have it on hand all the time. It is like a topical anesthetic. It really helps with bladder pain, urgency and pain upon urination. However, it WILL turn your pee a bright orange. It will stain clothing, so be careful.

The compound in cranberry that is thought to be effective is D-Mannose. You can skip drinking all the juice and go right for D-Mannose pills, available on Amazon and everywhere, probably. They upset my stomach if I take too many, but if I catch my symptoms really early those alone can flush an early infection.
Thanks Sweet Sue ordered both. I have heard some people have very bad reactions to Azo?

This makes sense for GI. A mannose drip is used for the comatose.

SweetSue92 how long in your experience does it take to start feeling better after cipro? I'm on 4th day now. No improvement yet. Dr gave me 14 days, 2 per day 500 mg.

I'm sorry to tell you but if you're on the right antibiotic you should feel better after 4 days. Maybe not perfect yet but better. I would call tomorrow....this will also alert them to look at your lab results to make sure Cipro will work for you. But, I'm hoping by the time you read this you will have turned the corner and started to feel better!

Just to be sure I'm on the right track I found this:

But what if you don’t feel better after a few days? “All antibiotics take time to work, but if UTI symptoms do not resolve after three days of antibiotics, it’s likely they have a resistant strain of bacteria that will require a different antibiotic for treatment,” explains Dr. Herring. For example, the Escherichia coli (E.Coli) bacteria is the most common cause of UTIs and is frequently resistant to Cipro.

Forum List

Back