Make it so number one! Patrick Stewart to reprise role and return to Star Trek.

You mean the 2nd TNG movie "First Contact." Out of the four TNG movies, the "Borg movie" was the last Star Trek masterpiece that hit the theaters.

I would say it was more the "Leper with the most fingers". It really wasn't a good movie.

crazy person Picard was still a complete departure of what they established about his character in the series.

But I liked Picard being more ballsy and impulsively Kirk-like in the movies. It made him seem like more of a force to be reckoned with. It was a side of Picard we didn't really get to see much of in the series.

Why doesn't Patrick Stewart age? He could still easily pass as 55 or 75.

he must be part vampire!

He was in "LIFEFORCE". With hair.

I remember that '80s movie Lifeforce! I remember it was one of those movies that was so bizarre, it was fascinating to watch in its sheer whackiness. Definitely one of those cheesy guilty-pleasure movies.

Also had a well-built British chick that strolled naked through 3/4 of the film. :113:

he must be part vampire!

I remember that '80s movie Lifeforce! I remember it was one of those movies that was so bizarre, it was fascinating to watch in its sheer whackiness. Definitely one of those cheesy guilty-pleasure movies.

Also had a well-built British chick that strolled naked through 3/4 of the film. :113:
Mathilda May...model.

he must be part vampire!

Completely buck-naked, if I remember correctly. She was this nude vampire in charge of all the chaos going on in the movie.

he must be part vampire!

Mathilda May...model.

Was that the nude vampiress actress name? I had forgotten those details.

he must be part vampire!

Mathilda May...model.

Yes.
There are some details I never forgot.

Mathilda May...model.

Yes.

I simply remember from my teens, "Lifeforce" as being one of those movies that's so whacked-out, it was actually fun to watch because it was never, ever, ever boring.....being so nutty, lol! Directed by the late Tobe Hooper of "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" and "Poltergeist" fame.

Mathilda May...model.

Yes.

I simply remember from my teens, "Lifeforce" as being one of those movies that's so whacked-out, it was actually fun to watch because it was never, ever, ever boring.....being so nutty, lol! Directed by the late Tobe Hooper of "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" and "Poltergeist" fame.
Golan-Globus...They never made a film that really made sense.

But I liked Picard being more ballsy and impulsively Kirk-like in the movies. It made him seem like more of a force to be reckoned with. It was a side of Picard we didn't really get to see much of in the series.

sorry, I just couldn't take a 60 year old action hero seriously...

He didn't have hair in Lifeforce.

upload_2018-8-6_18-59-32.jpeg

I remember him from "I, Claudius". And Dune.

View attachment 208881

Then our disagreement is that I can take a 60+ action hero seriously. Look at some of Clint Eastwood films over the past 25 years or so, it's impossible not to take Clint seriously no matter how old he is.

Patrick Stewart is brilliant. They need to bring back Q for an episode or two.

I adore Sir Patrick and I, too, don't give a damn about his politics.
LOVED him in Frasier episode, lol.

He's a fantastic, fascinating actor with many great, epic, iconic scenes in Star Trek - I'll never take that away from him. But as a matter of personal taste, I just found Capt. James T. Kirk more fun. Even when I put all politics aside, Kirk was the more bombastically entertaining character,
Yep.

The best thing about the Original Series was it was a true adventure series complete with the two-fisted, jut-jawed Hero who always got the woman!

Patrick Stewart to reprise Star Trek role

Details are few but the yet unnamed show will air on CBS all access.

If it's being produced by the same people doing Star Trek Discovery and can only be seen on PPV CBS No Access, then I'm not interested.

The Orville on Fox is FAR FAR better.

I pirated the new Star Trek and found it quite good. Good enough that I will likely pay for the next season.

I watched the pilot. I hated it.

I felt that way about EVERY iteration of Star Trek after the original if I am to be honest. But I grew to love the idea enough that I was willing to give them all a fair shot. The one with Scott? as a captain was my least favorite. Although I have not seen much of Deep Space 9

The best thing about DS9 was Jadzia Dax (the original one). Terry Farrell.

60548a4306e32537b6a35de5fe72840a.jpg

terry_farrell.jpg

Jadzia-Dax-%E2%80%93-Terry-Farrell.jpg

View attachment 208881

Right you are. Must be confusing it with some other mental image.

He's a fantastic, fascinating actor with many great, epic, iconic scenes in Star Trek - I'll never take that away from him. But as a matter of personal taste, I just found Capt. James T. Kirk more fun. Even when I put all politics aside, Kirk was the more bombastically entertaining character,
Yep.

The best thing about the Original Series was it was a true adventure series complete with the two-fisted, jut-jawed Hero who always got the woman!

Kirk knew how to have a good time.

Yep.

Kirk knew how to have a good time.

Of course! Kirk was the only captain who could easily knock someone out with one punch or a little karate chop to the shoulder. AND there was no non-human pussy in which Kirk wouldn't insert his penis. Including female-looking androids. Remember that hot, bald bitch in Star Trek: The Motion Picture? When she got recreated as an adroid I could picture her telling Kirk in her robot cadences: "V'Ger will fel-late the pe-nis of the car-bon u-nit if the Kirk-u-nit rubs V'Ger's bald scalp as it does so."

Forum List

Back