Make it so number one! Patrick Stewart to reprise role and return to Star Trek.

Regardless of his Shakespearean acting skills, Mr. Stewart will never achieve the sheer badassery of the one and only Capt. James T. Kirk. Plus, William Shatner loves this country and spent most of his life here, Stewart has nothing but upper-class-British-snob complaints about it, even though America has made him richer and more famous than his native England ever could.
Can't disagree but I love his portrayal of a starship captain. Kirk will always be the real number one but those days are long gone sadly. Much like a lot of my favorite rock and roll bands. Washed up with little skill left now but a force to be reckoned with in their day.
In my older age I find TNG to be too talkative and gutless.
Did you like their movies?

I like them better than the originals with the exception of the search for spock
Wrath of Khan, Undiscovered Country, 1st TNG movie.
Most of them were mediocre at best.
I just outgrew the whole PC thing.

I hated every Star Wars movie.

You mean the 2nd TNG movie "First Contact." Out of the four TNG movies, the "Borg movie" was the last Star Trek masterpiece that hit the theaters.

stc11.jpg

LOL, as you know man-slut Capt. Kirk would fuck every female living thing you could possibly post on this thread, regardless of planet of origin. Including female-looking androids.

Regardless of his Shakespearean acting skills, Mr. Stewart will never achieve the sheer badassery of the one and only Capt. James T. Kirk. Plus, William Shatner loves this country and spent most of his life here, Stewart has nothing but upper-class-British-snob complaints about it, even though America has made him richer and more famous than his native England ever could.
Can't disagree but I love his portrayal of a starship captain. Kirk will always be the real number one but those days are long gone sadly. Much like a lot of my favorite rock and roll bands. Washed up with little skill left now but a force to be reckoned with in their day.

I like them better than the originals with the exception of the search for spock

You mean the 2nd TNG movie "First Contact." Out of the four TNG movies, the "Borg movie" was the last Star Trek masterpiece that hit the theaters.
Thanks you; I stand corrected.

Patrick Stewart to reprise Star Trek role

Details are few but the yet unnamed show will air on CBS all access.

If it's being produced by the same people doing Star Trek Discovery and can only be seen on PPV CBS No Access, then I'm not interested.

The Orville on Fox is FAR FAR better.

I pirated the new Star Trek and found it quite good. Good enough that I will likely pay for the next season.

I watched the pilot. I hated it.

You hated what? The Orville? Star Trek - Discovery?

Didn't see The Orville. Discovery was terrible. The writing was abysmal.

Being a Star Trek thread, I would be remiss in my "ambiance" duties if I didn't post the most alien-sounding, otherworldly, mysterious, hard-core-sci-fi Star Trek music ever written. Since I was a kid I loved that grinding, percussive, "blaster beam" instrument during the darkest parts of the symphony.
You'll know that instrument when you hear it, I assure you.

Wrath of Khan was a very, very good movie. The best of the franchise IMHO.

ONLY Kirk & friends could pull off absolutely the nuttiest, LSD-flavored Star Trek scene ever filmed. The expression on Dr. McCoy's face really says it all better than words can.

PC Free.

Wrath of Khan, giving the broader mass audience the kind of shallow, action-filled good-guy/bad-guy fast moving entertainment they crave most. It saved the franchise. Yes, the most popular and commercially successful. The pilot Star Trek movie suffered being the first, audiences didn't know what to expect and The Motion Picture wasn't what they had expected: a larger than life motion picture of poetry, vision, meaning and art, meant to bring the Star Trek universe off the 19" 2-D TV screens of the 1960s and make it real and live and breathe before our eyes. It never got a fair shake for the grand scope and vision it truly was. Of all the ST:TOS movies made, it and the last one directed by Nimoy where they all autograph it at the end are the only two that leave me with goosebumps staring at the blank screen after they are over.

I would say it was more the "Leper with the most fingers". It really wasn't a good movie.

crazy person Picard was still a complete departure of what they established about his character in the series.

Wrath of Khan, giving the broader mass audience the kind of shallow, action-filled good-guy/bad-guy fast moving entertainment they crave most. It saved the franchise. Yes, the most popular and commercially successful. The pilot Star Trek movie suffered being the first, audiences didn't know what to expect and The Motion Picture wasn't what they had expected: a larger than life motion picture of poetry, vision, meaning and art, meant to bring the Star Trek universe off the 19" 2-D TV screens of the 1960s and make it real and live and breathe before our eyes. It never got a fair shake for the grand scope and vision it truly was. Of all the ST:TOS movies made, it and the last one directed by Nimoy where they all autograph it at the end are the only two that leave me with goosebumps staring at the blank screen after they are over.

Nimoy didn't direct the Undiscovered Country. While I like that movie, the main problem with it was 'Kirk as genocidal bigot" they felt they needed to go with to make the plot work. One Klingon killed his son he barely knew, and he wants their whole species to die?

The Wrath of Khan was not shallow. There was a lot of depth and meaning in it about friendship, revenge, obsession, aging, choices not made. The characters were given a lot of depth in that movie.

As for "the Motionless Picture", I still don't know what the bleep that was. We had this section in the begining with the Klingon ships, that looked like it was going to be exciting, and then 2 hours of slow buildup to a ending, which turned out to be a rehash of the TOS Episode "The Changeling" (Earth Probe meets alien technology, causes mass destruction looking for it's creator) The idea wasn't even all that original.

Meh, Star Trek jumped the shark back with Captain Janeway and that horrible mess of a show. Only the new movies are anything worth watching.

The saving grace of Voyager was the holographic Doctor who was a panic---- there were some fantastically good shows written around him.
Enterprise had a few shows that were pretty good, with some very impressive CGI visual sequences.
The Next Generation was probably the best Trek overall, Picard was a better captain, a lot of really good stories, good ship and good camaraderie.
The Original Series is the still the best for being first, the best chemistry, warmth, set design, and an amazing cutting edge first season.
The only real flop was DS9: I can count on one hand the number of good stories. No good characters, they tried to borrow Worf and the transporter chief but it simply lacked interest, depth and action. I hear on the set, even the actors and crew were bored.

Forum List

Back