Make it so number one! Patrick Stewart to reprise role and return to Star Trek.

Regardless of his Shakespearean acting skills, Mr. Stewart will never achieve the sheer badassery of the one and only Capt. James T. Kirk. Plus, William Shatner loves this country and spent most of his life here, Stewart has nothing but upper-class-British-snob complaints about it, even though America has made him richer and more famous than his native England ever could.
Can't disagree but I love his portrayal of a starship captain. Kirk will always be the real number one but those days are long gone sadly. Much like a lot of my favorite rock and roll bands. Washed up with little skill left now but a force to be reckoned with in their day.

Regardless of his Shakespearean acting skills, Mr. Stewart will never achieve the sheer badassery of the one and only Capt. James T. Kirk. Plus, William Shatner loves this country and spent most of his life here, Stewart has nothing but upper-class-British-snob complaints about it, even though America has made him richer and more famous than his native England ever could.
Shatner is Canadian.

And the most badass captain is Janeway.

She was weak. Picard was great, and Kirk is the standard by which all other Captains are measured.

I adore Sir Patrick and I, too, don't give a damn about his politics.
LOVED him in Frasier episode, lol.

He's a fantastic, fascinating actor with many great, epic, iconic scenes in Star Trek - I'll never take that away from him. But as a matter of personal taste, I just found Capt. James T. Kirk more fun.
My two favorite Star Trek scenes are from two different generations. The scene where the Enterprise is crashing and Data freaks out as well as the scene where Sulu says FLY HER APART THEN! when summoned to rescue Kirk

Shatner is Canadian.

She was weak. Picard was great, and Kirk is the standard by which all other Captains are measured.
I HATED her at first but grew to love the role she played. Especially the role where she welcomed 7 of 9! Meow!

Can't disagree but I love his portrayal of a starship captain. Kirk will always be the real number one but those days are long gone sadly. Much like a lot of my favorite rock and roll bands. Washed up with little skill left now but a force to be reckoned with in their day.
In my older age I find TNG to be too talkative and gutless.

Shatner is Canadian.

I HATED her at first but grew to love the role she played. Especially the role where she welcomed 7 of 9! Meow!
Padded bras.

I haven't watched an episode of it in at least a decade. Thinking about watching it now but not sure where to find it.

Shatner is Canadian.

Padded bras.
That's ok, tetherball is not my thing. I mean really, who wants old saggy tits you could wrap around a pole once they age...

Patrick Stewart to reprise Star Trek role

Details are few but the yet unnamed show will air on CBS all access.

If it's being produced by the same people doing Star Trek Discovery and can only be seen on PPV CBS No Access, then I'm not interested.

The Orville on Fox is FAR FAR better.

I pirated the new Star Trek and found it quite good. Good enough that I will likely pay for the next season.

I watched the pilot. I hated it.

You hated what? The Orville? Star Trek - Discovery?

Shatner is Canadian.

One of her most badass episodes, and there are a lot, is Equinox, Part 2. John Savage is another starfleet captain caught in the Delta Quadrant. Janeway relieves Chakotay of duty, threatens Tuvok with the same, and leaves one of Savage’s crew alone in a room with the alien trying to kill them to make him talk.

Brutal.

I admit Patrick Stewart is such a distinguished actor, here's one of his finest acting moments with fine American actor Mark Lenard, playing Spock's Dad. Enjoy.

Did you like their movies?

I like them better than the originals with the exception of the search for spock

I haven't watched an episode of it in at least a decade. Thinking about watching it now but not sure where to find it.
Netflix has NG, Voyager, Deep Space Nine, and Enterprise. No commercials!

BBC.

I want to see my favourite starship captain reprise his classic role.

4391c15891585ab1c1c38ca6879d6ba4.jpg

Wasn't Mr. Stewart born in 1940, making him 78? Anyway, here's another one of Stewart's great moments as Picard...just so you know I'm fair.

Patrick Stewart to reprise Star Trek role

Details are few but the yet unnamed show will air on CBS all access.

If it's being produced by the same people doing Star Trek Discovery and can only be seen on PPV CBS No Access, then I'm not interested.

The Orville on Fox is FAR FAR better.

I pirated the new Star Trek and found it quite good. Good enough that I will likely pay for the next season.

I watched the pilot. I hated it.

I felt that way about EVERY iteration of Star Trek after the original if I am to be honest. But I grew to love the idea enough that I was willing to give them all a fair shot. The one with Scott? as a captain was my least favorite. Although I have not seen much of Deep Space 9

Forum List

Back